• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Soltis Rifles/Rock Creek Barrels, 700SA/5R's

Copyleader

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
May 24, 2012
Wisconsin
www.soltisrifles.com
Soltis Rifles is teaming up with Rock Creek Barrels to offer Hide members quality barreled actions for their envisioned future build. The actions are new-in-the-box Rem 700SA, Right-Handed,-Chrome-Moly from Brownells, barreled with Rock Creek 5R Stainless, Cut-Rifled tubes. Soltis Rifles does all the gunsmithing, these are very precise and tediously put-together barreled actions, and guaranteed to shoot 1/2 MOA with quality match ammo. Also, anybody who knows me can tell you, I do not assembly-line anything, these are built one at a time to exacting standards. The calibers will vary and availability will depend on how often Rock Creek can get me barrels and availability of actions from Brownells. The first two are pictured below, I did them in 6.5 Creedmoor, and their specs and what went into their building is listed. For these two, I'm showing/listing them here, but in the future they will be listed on the Soltis Rifles website (www.soltisrifles.com) and I'll just post an announcement that they're available.

Standard on both barreled actions:

*Complete blueprint, action lug seats/face/threads re-cut/trued (single point the threads, use Gre-Tan fixture for all cuts). Bolt lugs front/rear re-cut/trued, along with face, nose, and then finish lap lugs to 100%. Open up recoil lug, Mill out bottom/rear of action to accept magazines, barrel, chamber, and cut crown. Thread bolt handle for oversized knob.

*Polish Action/Bolt for smooth operation, break all the hard edges (these new-in-box 700's have knife edges everywhere), deburr scope base holes and clean up/re-tap 6-48 threads, Refinish barreled action, Parkerize/DuraCoat, stamp and stencil barrel with caliber. Test fire, check cases, checking bolt manipulation/extraction for proper headspace/chamber polishing, etc.

1) New Rem700SA,RH,CM with Rock Creek SS 5R 1:8twist, M24 Contour, 24" bolt face to crown, 6.5 Creedmoor, Badger Ordnance Oversized Recoil Lug, Surgeon Bolt knob, Barreled Action Parkerized/DuraCoated in Tactical Foilage Green (Magpul Green, more of a gray/green), Bolt Parkerized/DuraCoated in Combat Black SL, Action milled for Magazines, includes factory X-Mark trigger---$1400.00 plus tax/shipping to your FFL

2) New Rem700SA,RH,CM with Rock Creek SS 5R 1:8.5 twist, M24 Contour, 24" bolt face to crown, 6.5 Creedmoor, factory recoil lug, aluminum bolt knob, Action/Bolt Parkerized/DuraCoated Combat Black SL, barrel glass blasted matte, Action milled for Magazines, includes factory X-Mark trigger---$1300.00 plus tax/shipping to your FFL

Shoot me a PM if you want one or have any questions. Sold as-is, if you want modifications, you'll need to buy it first and then we or your own smith can do them. Sold as shown, you just need a stock/mounted scope/bottom metal and you're ready to rock 'n' roll. I should be doing a couple more next month between projects, maybe in .260Rem, thanks!

Just trying to be helpful and to keep you from getting banned you might want to make sure it's cool with Frank that you are selling as a dealer, and you might want to put it in the correct section.

Other then that rifles sound nice, pics would help though.

...I'm a site sponsor and I'll be putting it in the for sale section as well. I tried attaching some pictures, but can't get it to work with this new forum set-up...not sure what I'm doing wrong, they're listed as "tags" but they're not both working and I would rather just have the pictures right in with the email, any advice?

I'm a bit confused by the 1/2 MOA guarantee, and the "sold as-is" language. Can you explain?

...I'm a site sponsor and I'll be putting it in the for sale section as well. I tried attaching some pictures, but can't get it to work with this new forum set-up...not sure what I'm doing wrong, they're listed as "tags" but they're not both working and I would rather just have the pictures right in with the email, any advice?

Sorry, I can't tell anymore if people are sponsers/dealers because the new site host doesn't have y'all in orange like the old site. I have NO clue how to help you post pics, I'm extremely computer illiterate. GLWS though.

I'm a bit confused by the 1/2 MOA guarantee, and the "sold as-is" language. Can you explain?

...sold as-is meaning if you want a different trigger or 8-40 scope base holes or the bolt-fluted or whatever other little tweaks, I'm not making those changes with these (unless you buy one and then want us to customize it further) so I can keep the cost down as much as possible for Hide members...the accuracy guarantee is just that, it doesn't change...

Do you tune up the x-mark trigger? What's the pull weight?

...no, I'm not touching the factory triggers because I'm really trying to keep the cost as low as I can on these, I'm just including them because they come with the action. From the factory, these X-Mark's run about 5lbs or so and are "OK", although I would always prefer to replace them with a quality aftermarket trigger and that's what I recommend for my clients...

Here are attached pictures...let me know if they don't work. Thanks!

Attachments

• DSC00377.jpg
    DSC00377.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC00373.jpg
    DSC00373.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 17