• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Solus Vs ACC chassis

UndFrm

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2022
CA
I am looking between these 2 chassis. There is a significant price difference with not so significant differences, like the cheek rest design, something about adding weights on the inside (what weights will fit etc, not too bothered about).
Are there any differences that I am missing?
Any opinions between the 2? Haven't handled them in person, concerned about the play in areas where the foreend attaches.

Thank you

I have both chassis. The ACC is overall built better. Not saying the Solus is bad but just not as solid as the ACC. There is a little more flex in the Solus fore-end left and right which I’m not concerned with. The thing I feel the ACC wins hands down is the buttstock. The Solus is nice but has more plastic than ACC. For the money, especially if you catch one on sale or if someone is selling one here on the hide, it’s hard to beat for the price. Thats why I bought one for my Rimx build, plus it gives me the feel of my ACC that on my centerfire comp rifle.

Reactions: UndFrm
Greatly depends on which ACC you're referring to. The Elite is WAY more rigid and significantly better in a lot of ways. The original Premier, it's probably a closer match with the nod going to the ACC for more features. If you're buying new, wait for the Premier gen 2. A lot of the major improvements from the elite at a lower price point.

Greatly depends on which ACC you're referring to. The Elite is WAY more rigid and significantly better in a lot of ways. The original Premier, it's probably a closer match with the nod going to the ACC for more features. If you're buying new, wait for the Premier gen 2. A lot of the major improvements from the elite at a lower price point.
Do they have a tentative date for the gen 2?

What action are you running ? I have a Solus chassis here and the recoil lug cut is shallow .

I am looking between these 2 chassis. There is a significant price difference with not so significant differences, like the cheek rest design, something about adding weights on the inside (what weights will fit etc, not too bothered about).
Any opinions between the 2? Haven't handled them in person, concerned about the play in areas where the foreend attaches.

Thank you
I have 3 of the 15" Solus Comp chassis and they're excellent for the price...They are definitely NOT turds. 👍🏼

IMG_1288.jpeg

Tell that to the people being paid to shoot them in comps. They have a different opinion.
I honestly couldn't give a fuck less what they think. 😂 Only other people who compete, wannabes, armchair snipers, and LARPers give a fuck what people who compete are shooting. I don't compete, so for regular non-competitive shooting they are just fine and just as good as anything else out there.

Reactions: loveha
I helped a buddy get into long range shooting recently. I advised him to buy a Solus chassis to start out with and helped him put his rifle together. I was mildly impressed with the chassis. Adjustable mag latch, standard adjustments on the LOP and cheek hob. There was a little bit of flex in the TL3 action when we bolted it into their Vblock inlet. If it were mine, I'd skim bed it but for his purposes I think it's fine. It needed a lot of weight to shoot a match with it. Salmon River makes an internal brass fore-end weight and mlok side weights. That helped a lot. I didn't notice any flex in the forearm but I didn't shoot it either and I taught him not to hard load his bipod legs when shooting in the prone. AR grip compatibility, thumb rest. It checks all the boxes and is less than half the price of an MDT Elite chassis. If I was building a competition gun I wouldn't use the Solus but I think it's a good starter gun chassis that is upgradeable.

Reactions: FuhQ

Thank you

What's your end use going to be? If just from a bench at your home range then either should work fine. If competing then I'd look a little harder at the differences. Also take a look at the MPA offerings if looking at chassis in the price range of the MDT Elite. The MPA Matrix Pro II is worth a look.

Also keep in mind you will still need to spend more money to get chassis setup right for ballance.

Be it a new MPA matrix pro or a ACC/Elite, you are looking at another couple hundred dollars in weights at a minimum. The older ACC needs full internals and externals just to stiffen up the forend. The newer one is much beefier, but will still need full internals unless you run a 1.25 barrel.

I love my MPA matrix Pros, and have the new ultralight stuff on the back, but if I was starting from scratch, I would probably go with the ACC elite. Its a bit better designed and easier to get behind. MDT hit a homerun with that chassis, and a bunch of former MPA sponsored shooters have switched to ACC because of it.

Reactions: UndFrm
I have three MDT acc's and one solus. I was able to purchase the Solus for $525 delivered on the hide. I like it alot, and put my rim x in it. If your going off retail, the two different animals. Yes the ACC is better but that does not mean the solus is bad. People talk about flex in an ACC, I have it loaded down with any thing imaginable. My barrel is free floated. Never had a problem.