• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Solved, question answered.

Foweis

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 19, 2009
New mexico, USA
Hello fellow hide members, I was wondering if anyone knows if Accuracy international AE rifles are ever going to be chambered in magnum calibers? 7wsm,or .300 mag, 7 saum??
if this has already been discused or answered i apologize.

Re: AI AE magnums

It would not be financially practice to chamber them in those calibers since there arent many people who can afford AE much less AW rifles. And I would not mess the a bolt face from such an expensive rifle.

Hell yah! Would it be hard to convert a mkiii from a .308 to a 7 SAUM. Sorry for such a novice question but, does the bolt face need to be played with or would it just be a barrel change?

The SAUM is going to be more suited to a long action with the bullets long range target shooters typically use. It is also not the same bolt face as .308

Ok I get it. So I guess I should just stick with what they got to offer. Now to decide between, .308,.260, or 6.5 creedmoor. It's going to be a hunting and target gun.

Thank you Tom, I was hoping one of you guys that distribute or work with them would pop in and solve my question. Thanks guys!