• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Solved

Hogg0494

Old hunter
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 26, 2018
Upstate new york
Have a 6.5 savage in a mdt chassis,Athlon Ares etr optic with ARC heigh M series rings.I need about 35 moa to get to 1k yds.Elevation bottomed out at 31 moa.Will dropping to a medium height ring give me more elevation?I have a 20 moa base and not sure if a 30 moa would lose my 100 yd zero. Would like to keep the ARC rings,I know Burris has adjustable rings.As always help appreciated

Nothing worth the effort. You either need to get a different scope or learn to use the reticle to hold over the extra you need.

That doesn’t make any sense. Are you sure you have installed your zero stop properly? There’s no way that you only have 31 moa available on a Ares ETR after zeroing at 100 yards.

Or maybe I misunderstood your question and you want to get all 100+ Moa of travel available and you have 31 moa under your zero stop and want to have all that travel ?
Then sure the Burris Bushing rings are perfect for that if you don’t want to change your base.

Rifle is zero at 100 yds. I have not set the zero stop yet,I am shooting Underwood 140 grain accubond(nosler bullet)I have not chro’d rifle yet but going with factory spec at 2700 fps. BC is .510 I have 31 moa of elevation left. Chart shows I need 35 to get to 1k

The optic shows 110 moa of elevation plus the 20 moa rail,I dont understand how I only have 31 moa left. Should be at least 55-60???

The optic shows 110 moa of elevation plus the 20 moa rail,I dont understand how I only have 31 moa left. Should be at least 55-60???
At least.

Unscrew the turret and remove the zero stop assembly entirely. Re screw the turret. Do you still only have 31 moa left ?

Also is it possible that your 20 moa base was installed the wrong way? Sorry if it sounds silly but there’s definitely something wrong here. It should slope downward toward the muzzle.

Reactions: 6.5SH
Rifle is zero at 100 yds. I have not set the zero stop yet,I am shooting Underwood 140 grain accubond(nosler bullet)I have not chro’d rifle yet but going with factory spec at 2700 fps. BC is .510 I have 31 moa of elevation left. Chart shows I need 35 to get to 1k
What model ETR do you have? Most are 110 MOA of elevation, with a 20 MOA base you should have way more than 31 MOA of up left. Is your base installed backwards?

Reactions: st1650
What model ETR do you have? Most are 110 MOA of elevation, with a 20 MOA base you should have way more than 31 MOA of up left. Is your base installed backwards?
If the base was installed backward it would give him an extra 40 moa for a total of 70 out of 110 which would actually make sense.
30 moa out of 110 available doesn’t. My vote is wrong orientation of the base rail.