• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Some 50 at 50 Ammo Testing Results

Franko

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
May 19, 2018
Southern California
I used to use multiple 5 shot groups to ammo test. However certain rabble rousers here have made me decide to try 50 at 50. Groups were shot outdoors over the course of about an hour and a half at 50 yards. Groups 1-4 were different lots of Eley Match. Group 5 in the middle is my old standby lot of Center-X (down to 100 rounds).

Takeaways:
  1. I'm sold on the method
  2. I'm going to really miss that lot of Center-X
  3. I'm not nearly as good a shot as I'd like to imagine

Attachments

• Ammo Testing.jpg
    Ammo Testing.jpg
    774.4 KB · Views: 221
Doze off?

Not really.

Y'er hanging on edge waiting to see if the next shot will be a stray and ruin the hole. :(

Frank...rabble rouser? Really? I prefer instigator. ;)

So when are ya' gonna take a run at the Grid? :cool:

Doze off?

Not really.

Y'er hanging on edge waiting to see if the next shot will be a stray and ruin the hole. :(

Frank...rabble rouser? Really? I prefer instigator. ;)

So when are ya' gonna take a run at the Grid? :cool:
Maybe once I can buy test lots of Center-X or some of the nicer SK stuff. So perhaps in 2025 or so once the ammo market comes back...

What rifle and what method of shooting (i.e. bipod and rear bag, bench rest vise)?

Impressive

very impressive. i get 10 shot groups like that,i am happy. 50 shot groups aren't in my future. i have about 15 bricks of one thing or another but shooting those would run me out of anything i found that was as good as the center x you show. just planning to try my stuff,enjoy it and save the best for 200yd tries.

Reactions: Franko