• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Some Awesome Gun Show Finds..

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
So went to our annual 'local' gun show today... What a hot steaming mess. Half the tables that are usually there. Nothing but geriatrics clogging every table and pontificating... and not moving out of the fucking way. One goober with a fucking Pekenese dog in his arms. A goddamned rodent dog. At a gun show.

No guns worth buying (well, missed a cool one, but there ya go.) Everything was overpriced by a stupid margin. I mean beyond stupid. But did get some neat stuff!

10 .50 Cal ammo cans for $10 each. That's a deal.

And these two gems.

gs 1.jpg

First a really nice Lyman turret press for $100! Not only the press, but it was full of dies. A .22 Hornet set with shellholder. A universal decapper. And a .222 Rem set and by coincidence, I needed a set of .222's! And been thinking about replacing my single stage with a turret... Needs dismantling and cleaning as it's got 'barn dust' on it and sticky old grease. But no rust. Smooth as can be. Big, big throat... Going to be most-excellent for some of the big cal's. And a friend of mine wants to get into reloading so I'll give him my low-end RCBS single stage...

gs 2.jpg

And this. For $80. Marked military, but pretty sure it is not. Commercial. 30X ocular and somewhere I have a random box of 10x through 40X oculars that are awaiting a scope. There is a tiny chip on the corner of the prism that has no effect on the image. But needs internal cleaning. I can handle that. Looks like it spent a lot of time riding in someone's target box as it has wear on one side. But for the price... it's the best optic your Grandfather could have bought. Also top knob focus. If anyone knows whether it has 'any' military connection, let me know. But it looks to me like 'commercial' blue/green.

So the show was definitely not a waste... even if it did drive me nuts dealing with the Hover-Round and Chihuaua set limping around to fondle shit they won't buy... ever. If I ever get to that stage in life where I act like that, I will put a Luger in my mouth.

Sirhr

So went to our annual 'local' gun show today... What a hot steaming mess. Half the tables that are usually there. Nothing but geriatrics clogging every table and pontificating... and not moving out of the fucking way. One goober with a fucking Pekenese dog in his arms. A goddamned rodent dog. At a gun show.

No guns worth buying (well, missed a cool one, but there ya go.) Everything was overpriced by a stupid margin. I mean beyond stupid. But did get some neat stuff!

10 .50 Cal ammo cans for $10 each. That's a deal.

And these two gems.

View attachment 8066570

First a really nice Lyman turret press for $100! Not only the press, but it was full of dies. A .22 Hornet set with shellholder. A universal decapper. And a .222 Rem set and by coincidence, I needed a set of .222's! And been thinking about replacing my single stage with a turret... Needs dismantling and cleaning as it's got 'barn dust' on it and sticky old grease. But no rust. Smooth as can be. Big, big throat... Going to be most-excellent for some of the big cal's. And a friend of mine wants to get into reloading so I'll give him my low-end RCBS single stage...

View attachment 8066571

And this. For $80. Marked military, but pretty sure it is not. Commercial. 30X ocular and somewhere I have a random box of 10x through 40X oculars that are awaiting a scope. There is a tiny chip on the corner of the prism that has no effect on the image. But needs internal cleaning. I can handle that. Looks like it spent a lot of time riding in someone's target box as it has wear on one side. But for the price... it's the best optic your Grandfather could have bought. Also top knob focus. If anyone knows whether it has 'any' military connection, let me know. But it looks to me like 'commercial' blue/green.

So the show was definitely not a waste... even if it did drive me nuts dealing with the Hover-Round and Chihuaua set limping around to fondle shit they won't buy... ever. If I ever get to that stage in life where I act like that, I will put a Luger in my mouth.

Sirhr
Is the scope Bausch and Lomb?
20200908_105650.jpg

Is the scope Bausch and Lomb?
20200908_105650.jpg

Yup, that's it!

I have a stand like that somewhere... but this also has a 1/4 x 20 mount at the bottom for a camera tripod.

On and now I know I was meant to have it! Because it will go with my IDF Mauser SP66 like Peas and carrots! This is as good as the day I found a German Optic for my WW1 Maxim... at the same show. Winning!

Only thing I didn't find was a decent pistol scope for my XP100. That was what I really wanted to find. Oh well.

Cheers and thanks! Nice find!

Sirhr

I was gonna go to the local show today. Might have taken some neat items to peddle away. Well maybe they fit your idea of neat. One of them was thisView attachment 8066638
BTW… not sure if I’d do Much for a Klondike Bar. But I’d do some sketchy stuff for that Sauer! Beautiful!

BTW… not sure if I’d do Much for a Klondike Bar. But I’d do some sketchy stuff for that Sauer! Beautiful!
I’ve had two in my life. One was a basket case that a well known member here had. He sent it off to get black nitrided. I traded him out of it and it shot very well. I should have kept it for a carry gun, but common sense eludes me sometimes.

This one with the bring back slip, I won on a GB auction about 12 years ago for a few hundred bucks. They are neat and the history is probably worth more than the guns will ever be sadly.

Slick little press for what you have by the way. I’ve been on the fence for a turret. Not sure I could have passed a deal like that up myself. Good snag