• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Some data with H4350 and RL26 6.5CM

Freediver111

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon
Bought about 10 lbs of RL26 a few months ago and been testing it in my 6.5 Creedmoor. I like the speeds, and accuracy is good, but not thrilled with ES and SD.

Here’s some data using a 24” Benchmark, Lapua brass, cci 450 (brass is on the 6th firing and annealed after every other firing). Using 143 eld-x and a jump of 0.02”.

47 grains of RL26: Avg speed 2886 FPS, SD 15, ES 42.
0.5” group, but not great ES/SD. I’ve been noticing some flyers and wondered about this load. I ran all these numbers over a new Magnetospeed sporter I bought myself for Christmas. Prior to that I was using a POS F1 Chrony that I didn’t trust.

So, decided to finally go ahead and try some H4350 after seeing the results of my RL26 loads.

Here’s some data:
41.5 gr: avg 2754 FPS, SD 8, ES 16
42 grains: avg 2784, SD 7, ES 13
42.5, avg 2816, SD 13, ES 27.

I didn’t shoot a ton, but made 5 shots of each for speed and another 5 for groups without the MS attached. That 42 grain load was pretty impressive with a sub .5” group. Prefer the speed of the 42.5 load, but groups were closer to 1” and ES/SD were marginal.

So far I’m pretty impressed by H4350. Might do a little more testing, but there’s a chance I may be selling off my supply of RL26!

Definitely glad I sprung for the MS sporter. Much better than the F1 I had for years. This is making it much easier for me to test and develop loads. Relatively new to precision reloading, but jumping into it full throttle!

Last edited:
Hard to beat H4350 in the 6.5 Creedmoor!
Will be consistent at a wide range of temps as well.

I'm still using a Caldwell chrono, need to spring for a Magnetospeed one of these days for the ease of setup at any type of range.

RL26 will give you high SD and ED because it sensitive to temps and you’ll probably near max case volume and compressing the load.

RL16 and H4350 will work best followed by IMR4350.

My creedmoor loves RL16. 42.3 hrs with a 140 hdy match or nosler rdf. About 2830 from my 26” barrel. Recorded with a magneto speed

RL16 was high on my list to try, but H4350 seemed to get universally good reviews. Doesn’t hurt that it’s back in stock.
Still need to do some more tests, but leaning towards 4350 if it continues to give me low SD/ED and good groups. I like the speed of 26, just seeing inconsistencies.

I see that's the small rifle primer.. Im loading some RDF 140's today with the CCI 450 in Peterson Brass at 42g and 42.3g with H4350 to see what I get.
Good info. Thanks!

Well, good or bad I traded a bunch of my RL26 for 4350. Just kept seeing low SD and ES with it and even with a little tinkering had some consistency issues with 26. I’ll just live with 100 FPS less speed for now.