• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Fieldcraft Some ghillie suit questions

Canis Latrans

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2010
Near Albany, NY
Hi guys, I'm working on my first ghillie suit right now. One question I had was where do you put the net/jute on the collar area? I'm using a bdu and wanted to know if you attach the net right over the collar, or pop the collar up and put netting over that, or if you just stop when you get to the collar? I should add that my suit has the net and just on the front for camo sitting when I hunt.

Also, how far down do you go with the jute on the arms? All the way to the wrist or just the elbow? how long do you have the burlap here? Suggestions on these two things would really help me out, thanks.

Re: Some ghillie suit questions

I go to the base of the collar and over the elbows.

I also go to about the elbows or a few inches above with the netting. Make the just about 1 ft long for the arms.

The jute on the arms goes down way past the elbow or just past it? And is the jute 12" long hanging off of the suit or looped in half so it hangs about 6" off the suit?

I've heard you make some good suits, and I saw the post where someone didn't want to buy from you because you were 15. Well, in a few years when someone asks who would be a good person to buy a suit from, people can tell them buy it from Shay, he's been making suits since he was 15... Thanks for the help.

Put the netting on the arms a little above the elbow. You can tie the burlap on and if its too long, you can just trim it down to the desired length.

Yeah, been building suits for a little over a year now. Keeps me busy and such, and I can get some good money out of doing what I like to do.

Your welcome for the help
smile.gif