• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Some Mosin Nagant Humor

Re: Some Mosin Nagant Humor

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VYD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pretty retarded... </div></div>

Haha how can you not like that? It's classic. Stumbled on it soon after I bought my first Mosin.

Some people dont get the sarcastic nature of it im afraid, 'the farm two counties away' bit is the funniest imo

"Recoil is often used to relocate shoulders thrown out by the previous shot." This one always reminds me of my first time shooting a Mosin.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VYD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pretty retarded... </div></div>

Lighten up fella!

Ok, ok, I guess it's humorous...but ain't funny, hehe.

I like the bit about the sights going out to 12 miles. I know its a joke, but some of the military iron sights were wishful thinking.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hbus1300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the bit about the sights going out to 12 miles. I know its a joke, but some of the military iron sights were wishful thinking. </div></div>

Those sights were not meant for accurate, aimed fire out to 2000 yards. Those sights were for volley fire. Those rifles were used before full auto weapons were invented.

Jim

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pepperbelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Those rifles were used before full auto weapons were invented.
</div></div>

Sorry but a true full auto Maxim was invented before Mosin. Gatling gun even earlier...

Your rifle has fought against itself and won every time.

laugh.gif

hahaha kills me every time. posted at work and only a few people laughed and most went... "whats a mosin nagant?"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pepperbelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hbus1300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I like the bit about the sights going out to 12 miles. I know its a joke, but some of the military iron sights were wishful thinking. </div></div>

Those sights were not meant for accurate, aimed fire out to 2000 yards. Those sights were for volley fire. Those rifles were used before full auto weapons were invented.

Jim </div></div>

At the squad level, there is no fighting past 200 yards.
Groups of soldiers on their bellies don't shoot other soldiers on their bellies past 200 yards.
That took 100 years to figure out.

Generals also wanted artillery to fire in concert form central command. My father got a number of patents in response to the original M55 RFQ. He then as a result got the contract for M110 and later M107 designs single source bid.
It took less than 50 years to figure out that was all silly.

Meanwhile revolutionary good ideas fell on deaf ears at Rock Island Arsenal, as they were someone else's idea.

It took ~10 years for the military to look at the Barrett 82, that was designed for consumers.

I have spent much of my life designing equipment for the military, and the big break came in between 1995 and 2000 when it was realized that electronics would be obsolete by the time they were developed if straight jacket military specifications were observed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OldGuardShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HAHA that was too good thanks for the video. </div></div>

Hint: It wasn't a video.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yasherka</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OldGuardShooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HAHA that was too good thanks for the video. </div></div>

Hint: It wasn't a video. </div></div>

It came over that thar com-pootur TV didn't it? Well than it's a video.

Probably just spamming threads to reach 100.

Anyway, the jokes are great, my mosin is an $80 POS, but it's my POS and I love it for the history and how much fun you can have with centerfire for almost the price of shooting a .22 :p

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolvenhaven</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Probably just spamming threads to reach 100.
</div></div>

Bingo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wolvenhaven</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Anyway, the jokes are great, my mosin is an $80 POS, but it's my POS and I love it for the history and how much fun you can have with centerfire for almost the price of shooting a .22 :p </div></div>

I don't have one...probably never will, but I've shot one belonging to a friend. A fun blaster to be sure.

Good bit of humor but this thread is funnier

I have all 3 and most of those statements are strangely accurate, and funny as hell. I especially like the ones on cleaning and accessories.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oodin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Recoil is often used to relocate shoulders thrown out by the previous shot." This one always reminds me of my first time shooting a Mosin. </div></div>
I LOL over this one. Reminds me of the first time I shot one. I didn't think it was was that bad, but the rifle's owner said, "dayum, this thing kicks!"

A good friend has one and took it to the ranch. Keith's impression was the same as mine - his son refuses to shoot it again!

Kevin

I had a customer bring me 2 of them to cut the barrels and Target crown to 26 in turn down the bolts install Monte Carlo ATI stocks and scope,rings and bases.

They called to see if the job was done I replied Yes! He enthusiastically hollers out to his brother "Ben our new Deer Rifles are ready!!!!!"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical Support</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a customer bring me 2 of them to cut the barrels and Target crown to 26 in turn down the bolts install Monte Carlo ATI stocks and scope,rings and bases.

They called to see if the job was done I replied Yes! He enthusiastically hollers out to his brother "Ben our new Deer Rifles are ready!!!!!" </div></div>

Wow, 400 bucks for a savage was just too much for em huh.