• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Some news for TT owners/those in the market

-Time-

Mediocre Marksman
Minuteman
May 6, 2017
Well, I talked to TT about the one thing that keeps people from buying their scopes (besides price) Reticles.

They should have a new reticle out in 4-6 months, the plan being to take a Gen2XR, float the center, and add more detail. Great news! Just about the perfect reticle IMO is something MIL-C like with a Christmas tree, which kind of sounds like TT’s plan.

The bad news is, reticle swaps are probably not going to be offered, because it won’t be economically feasible.

Their stance has been pretty strong "no new reticles" for a while now, good to see they finally woke up. I wonder if pressure from Minox and now ZCO caused them to change their mind. Either way, good news for TT future owners who've been asking since 2014.

So because Premier went out of business you have an issue with TT? You do realize that if TT didnt come along NO ONE would have any warranty for Premier, right?
You must have missed the giant thread explaining this on the scout SH. Where it was pointed out that TT stated they would warranty all Premier scopes in order to sell their remaining premier inventory. Then they rescinded on that.

Their stance has been pretty strong "no new reticles" for a while now, good to see they finally woke up. I wonder if pressure from Minox and now ZCO caused them to change their mind. Either way, good news for TT future owners who've been asking since 2014.
Yeah, when I asked about reticles the woman giggled, apparently they’ve been hearing it a lot. They were also way more personable this year compared to last.

Are they also apologizing and saying sorry for not offering a new reticle? Not good if they cannot change out existing GenIIXRs.

Are they also apologizing and saying sorry for not offering a new reticle? Not good if they cannot change out existing GenIIXRs.
Yeah it sucks that I’m gonna have to sell my TT525 just for a new reticle. Even at NF’s $600 price for a reticle swap id still do it. They cited staked screws and having to clean everything as making it too expensive, but I don’t know if too expensive means $500 or $2k.

Guess they’re going to bring in the H59 since my buddy said they just had a meeting with the Horus guys and it went well. MSR and developing a new X-Mas tree reticle (as said above) comparable to the H59.
No reticle swaps.
Dumping TT’s in 3...2....

Reactions: Subhunter2
Sorry, see I'm Canadian, I just assumed that a new reticle would've implied a swap was available and that I wouldn't have to buy a new TT to get said new reticle.

Reactions: -Time-
A new reticle doesn't make your old one obsolete. If you use it and like it today it will still work when the new one is available. :)

Reactions: ZG47A
I spoke with them on Thursday, will be 3 reticles: H59, MSR and new Gen2xr. This year.

It's funny, after hating on the Gen2xr for years, now that I'm running one again, I've gotten rather accustomed to it.

It's too bad they won't do reticle changes. I'm quite curious about the new Gen2xr.

I have a reasonable idea of what the new Gen2XR-like design will look like and I am looking forward to it. H59 is not my thing, but I think Canadian military wants it. New MSR is a nice reticle and, considering how surfactant TT turrets are, it makes a nice match to the scope.

ILya

Maybe it will be time for me to dive in to a TT.

I just purchased a NF 7-35 with the new MIL-C for my AI AT. Really wanted to get the TT but being that the NF was replacing an S&B 5-25 with a Gen II XR, I said no. The Gen II XR is nice but lacks. I could not justify an $1,800 cost delta for essentially the same scope other than for a few extra features. Now depending on this reticle and those features, we may have something good.

Maybe it will be time for me to dive in to a TT.

I just purchased a NF 7-35 with the new MIL-C for my AI AT. Really wanted to get the TT but being that the NF was replacing an S&B 5-25 with a Gen II XR, I said no. The Gen II XR is nice but lacks. I could not justify an $1,800 cost delta for essentially the same scope other than for a few extra features. Now depending on this reticle and those features, we may have something good.

I just ordered the same NF 7-35 and it's gonna arrive tomorrow. What's your opinion of it so far?

I just ordered the same NF 7-35 and it's gonna arrive tomorrow. What's your opinion of it so far?

I love it, especially the MIL-C. I see very little difference in clarity or contrast. I think the turrets are better. They move smoothly. In fact, I thought to soft at first but not the case. The visibility on the turret setting is head and shoulders better than the S&B. The extra magnification is also a bonus even though it doesn't get used much.

Only nitpick is the parallax adjustment is a bit more finicky than other high $ scopes I own. However, once it is set properly, it is great.

You won't be disappointed

Last edited:
I posted my "version" of an updated reticle a few years ago. We'll see how close I was. I bet it's basically this, but with additional 0.2 MIL hash on the vertical.

reticle_by_haftelm-d9jk5zv.jpg

I posted my "version" of an updated reticle a few years ago. We'll see how close I was. I bet it's basically this, but with additional 0.2 MIL hash on the vertical.

Snip

Anything close to that reticle and I’ll have a new TT in a heartbeat. You’ve created basically my ideal reticle, and what I hope TT has in mind when they say they’re going to float the center, and add more detail.

It is going to be a little more than that, but you are on the right track. I think it will be a good reticle.

As far as missing out goes, TT sells every scope they make.

ILya

Yeah, I'm sure it'll have additional "features" as I just spent like 2 minutes in Photoshop messing around lol. I think I just took the horizontal axis from a Kahles SKMR reticle and attached it to the Gen2 XR

Odd. Was just told that while they are exploring new reticle ideas, there is no time table as to when a new reticle might occur.

I thought I remembered seeing in a different post that Tangent Theta would be releasing a hunter "H" model of its scope that was a reduced weight. Am I crazy, or was this just someone's idle speculation?

Doesn't appear to be reduced weight. Not sure what it offers over the standard tt315m. I can't imagine a turret turning on accident. I guess just peace of mind. I would like to know what they are doing and when because I need another scope.

It is going to be a little more than that, but you are on the right track. I think it will be a good reticle.

As far as missing out goes, TT sells every scope they make.

ILya
Yeah, and with better reticles they’d have to make more.

I talked to the TT reps at the Shot Show and they mentioned they release 3 reticles during this year: new Gen2xr, MSR, H59.
Asked them to make the Gen2xr more detailed (like mil-c). Will see soon.

Last edited:
I talked to the TT reps at the Shot Show and they mentioned they release 3 reticles during this year: new Gen2xr, MSR, H59.
Asked them to make the Gen2xr more detailed (like mil-c). Will see soon.
MSR? Why not the MSR2, they'll release a reticle that is already outdated? (I know, I know, the MSR is a great reticle, but Finnaccuracy has already made it better and it would be nice to see TT have one of the newer options), but if ZCO nails it then I most likely won't even consider a TT due to price.

Reactions: PusherX11
MSR? Why not the MSR2, they'll release a reticle that is already outdated? (I know, I know, the MSR is a great reticle, but Finnaccuracy has already made it better and it would be nice to see TT have one of the newer options), but if ZCO nails it then I most likely won't even consider a TT due to price.

If they do a Finn Accuracy reticle, it will be MSR2 I am sure.

I talk to them occasionally and reticles are definitely a part of the conversation. I'll keep bugging them for details and I will let you know when there is anything specific to report.

ILya

If they do a Finn Accuracy reticle, it will be MSR2 I am sure.

I talk to them occasionally and reticles are definitely a part of the conversation. I'll keep bugging them for details and I will let you know when there is anything specific to report.

ILya

Thank you ILya, that is good to know. Interesting that for as much as owners and potential owners have griped to TT about an updated reticle they (TT) have been pretty obstinate in their stance that their reticles have been just fine, could it be the pressure of Minox ZP5, the lower prices of S&B and newer reticles and now ZCO have caused Andrew Weber to wake up from his slumber?

Thank you ILya, that is good to know. Interesting that for as much as owners and potential owners have griped to TT about an updated reticle they (TT) have been pretty obstinate in their stance that their reticles have been just fine, could it be the pressure of Minox ZP5, the lower prices of S&B and newer reticles and now ZCO have caused Andrew Weber to wake up from his slumber?

Doubt it. I think they simply had a hard enough time keeping up with demand as is.

ILya

Yeah, it's not that they're stubborn. It's that demand for their scopes as-is has been high. They're a business, so if their products are flying off the shelves there's no point in trying to make expensive production changes.

I really would love to see a TT in the wild. I can't wrap my arms around a $4500 5-25 anymore. ZCO will be a force to reckon with if they deliver on their promises.

This being said, I am very optimistic about TT to come out with a better reticle. It will be another reason to strongly consider one. I have a Get II XR in my S&B and it was good but my NF MIL-C has revealed how much the Gen II XR needs an upgrade.

Doubt it. I think they simply had a hard enough time keeping up with demand as is.

ILya
Demand based on the limited manufacturing capabilities or do you think TT is selling the same number of scopes as say NF or Schmidt?

Demand based on the limited manufacturing capabilities or do you think TT is selling the same number of scopes as say NF or Schmidt?

I have no idea of the quantities sold, although I am sure Tangent Theta has a lower volume than Nightforce. They are extremely picky about quality, so increasing volume is not something they take lightly.

ILya

Reactions: ZG47A