• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing some of this years stags

hiddenmongoose

crazysection
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2009
Ireland
A few pics of some of this years stags,Iv done pretty well this year.These were all shot with a suppressed 308win firing 167gr scenars.These are all wild free animals no fence.
6 point hybrid

another 6 pointer hybrid
16kwfat.jpg

8 point sika hybrid

2 heads from animals I took and didnt have my camera with me on the hill.
2ccwis9.jpg

Another I got yesterday

A young Fallow stag ,I didnt get any quality Fallow this year
24m6zxz.jpg

314ujnk.jpg

Last edited:
I love how suppressors are the norm over there. We have more lax guns laws here but suppressors are still taboo. Nice kills, they ought to fill the freezer well.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

ya you just tick a box on your firearms application and your legal for suppresors then.you just buy them off the shelf here no questions or restrictions or serial numbers.

Out of curiosity, you say the stags are hybrids, what are the two parent breeds making the hybrid?

red deer and sika deer crossbreed. Looks like a sika but with a bigger body ,antlers and reddish hue in coat.some other differences too like in the nose

Very neat....always wanted one of those for the wall to go with my NA animals. Some nice trophies you got there, good shooting!

Where in Ireland are you hunting... Gotta be a pain lugging that rifle around :)
Those hybrid stags were shot in the east of Ireland and the fallow in the midlands.Dont mind the weight its a beaut to shoot

Nice stags! Is there an annual limit? How are they regulated?
No annual limit, once you have your licence and shoot in season your legal.

Last edited:
Willie, those look great, never knew there was anything like that when I grew up there, well not up in the North, except maybe in some of the estates.
Marty

Hey marty hows things.Ya there is some fantastic shooting to be had in Ireland.Unfortunately we have a poaching epidemic at the moment nation wide and its hitting the deer stocks badly in alot of areas