• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Some Tripod/Rail Questions

KnowNothing256

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 9, 2020
    Ok, so I just picked up a Leofoto LS-364C from another member, and I’m planning to run an Anvil 30 on it, with a detachable panning table clamped into that for grid glassing. I know it’s not as optimal as a pan/tilt head for that purpose, but I believe it’ll be a good compromise between glassing consistency and shootability (hope to use it for both hunting and competition, likely more the former than the latter). I like the low-profile apex of the tripod as is, so I don’t want to use something that’ll space out the top of the legs.

My questions (for now, I guess) are:

- Does anyone know of Anvil 30’s in stock anywhere?

- What is the recommended way to get the Anvil 30 mounted to this tripod? I’ve done a lot of searching and for whatever reason can’t seem to find this specific question answered anywhere, although I’m sure it has been.

- Any recommendations on cheap but acceptable panning tables that clamp onto a 1.5” rail top and bottom? This is only for spotting, so it need not hold solid lockup with the Titanic atop it, and $225 just seems a little steep (the RRS offering).

- I’m gonna mount up a Henderson ultralight rail on the forend of a Bergara B14 HMR, but I’m not gonna be able to lay hands on it for a few days and would prefer to order soon to get it to a gunsmith. Would anyone who’s got one be willing to give me the measurement in inches from the front of the mag well to the forend tip? Wanna buy a rail that won’t hang off the end or need to be cut to prevent that.

Thanks in advance for any guidance you folks can provide, and I apologize if these have been answered elsewhere; I’ve Googled all morning and these particular queries have continued to elude me.

Give me a call if you have more questions about the Anvil. 385-248-0800, Michael

Backorder advice - If you ever want an Anvil, backorder it. We ship out a handful almost daily but they ship, first in -first out. We have a few distributors/dealers but not many. We also have some contracts and try to help out those doing some hard daily work. Hopefully they will fully be in stock with all options on the website by mid April, but I am not holding my breath. With mil and LE contracts that can never be scheduled or counted on to hit at a certain time.

I say backorder because typically we never charge until it ships. Only authenticate the credit card for fraud purpose then it drops off your card, typically 2-10 business after, depending on your bank. So if you ever find one in stock before ours ships then you can cancel order with no penalty.

1. Screw the Anvil-30 Ballhead on with the 3/8" stud on your tripod. Use some loctite. Tighten up the set screws that are in that apex so it give some more surface contact and hope it doesnt come loose.

or

2. Buy the Anvil with the 2 series platform adapter to give it more surface area and use the set screws and loctite again.

1. Screw the Anvil-30 Ballhead on with the 3/8" stud on your tripod. Use some loctite. Tighten up the set screws that are in that apex so it give some more surface contact and hope it doesnt come loose.

I also ordered an Anvil + Anvil-3 Platform Adapter I haven't received it yet, it is in the shipping phase..

However, while reviewing this topic, I realized that I ordered the wrong adapter. Although I paid attention, the information written in the Forum misled me.
    There are two different models of the 364C, LM and LS. These two tripods have very different heads.

I didn't think that there might be two different products and ordered the wrong adapter because those who suggested adapters only said "364C"

Which adapter is correct for "LS-364C". Can I order this separately?

Sorry for my bad english..

Yes you can order it separately and return the other when it gets to you.

The LS-364C seems to fit the Apex kit, but I'm still not entirely sure.
    By the way; I couldn't find the product page where the "Apex" kit is sold separately.

+ Anvil Apex Conversion Kit (For RRS Series 2 & 3 Tripods)

These are available:
    + Anvil-2 Platform Adapter (For RRS Series 2 Tripods)
    + Anvil-3 Platform Adapter (For RRS Series 3 Tripods)