• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Some work to do for this weekend, 6mm Creedmoor AR10

Wile_Coyote

None
Minuteman
  • Feb 13, 2018
    Florida
    www.none.com
    Got the final parts needed to assemble my new AR10 (LR308) today. Means I'll put it all together tomorrow to hopefully get a range trip in this weekend.

This project will be a 6mm Creedmoor. Using Aero M5 receivers, Wilson Combat 22" match barrel, Wilson Combat Q-Comp, SLR 16" Solo handgaurd and Wilson/SLR Sentry 8 adjustable gas block, Toolcraft nickel boron bolt carrier group, JP Silent Capture Spring (configured to H buffer weight and with heavy spring) and XLR stock. For right now an MBT trigger will go in it, but soon be replaced with a Triggertech trigger.
    Hopefully it goes as smooth as my 6.5 Creedmoor went and does as well. I'll get some photos and velocities posted here soon. The 6mm Creedmoor looked interesting, hopefully it ends up being so.

Anyone with any advice or info on this caliber? Greatly appreciated.

Try faster burning powders. I had better reliability with them over slower.

I have a nearly identical build in 6.5. When I burn out this barrel I'm going to replace it with a 6.

RE26 is a great powder for the 6 Creedmoor with 105 RDF's. Even the 110SMK's if you can find a fast twist barrel.

My 6.5 Creedmoor is basically the same, but the barrel is an Ultramatch from Rainer. It has been a really good barrel. I hope this turns out to be as nice a shooter for me as my 6.5 is.

Here it is assembled. The grip will change as will the trigger. The A-Peg is decent and I planned on trying one on this, but the A-Peg for AR10's does not fit on Aero receivers. I used an MBT trigger I had laying around. I didn't like them in these types of rifles. I'll probably go with another AR Gold or Triggertech. I just figured I'd do some more research and maybe try something different. I like the info on the Wilson triggers and may go with one of them.

03_09_18_05_48_13_20180309_054343.jpg

03_09_18_05_47_38_20180309_054501.jpg

03_09_18_05_47_59_20180309_054423.jpg

It joins my others. You can see what I mean by they are all almost the same. I'm boring and try to stay consistent.

02_14_18_08_34_33_20180122_191048.jpg

I’m running a 22” jp 6 creedmoor in a aero Precision set with jp vmos bcg and how silent captured spring setup thing is a hammer love it.

Attachments

• 5C445BCA-5E87-45D9-899A-90E7C9608375.jpeg
      5C445BCA-5E87-45D9-899A-90E7C9608375.jpeg
      1.2 MB · Views: 54
    Reactions: Wile_Coyote
    I’m running a 22” jp 6 creedmoor in a aero Precision set with jp vmos bcg and how silent captured spring setup thing is a hammer love it.

Nice setup you have there. Very nice. I originally had PRS stocks on all mine. They worked good. I then bought one XLR for this new build. I made a mistake and installed it on my 6.5 Creedmoor. I was hooked. In tuning my 6.5 I switched to the silent capture spring and really liked it.

I really should get a can (actually a couple). Trx498r, what suppressor are you running? I'm thinking about a ThunderBeast that I can use on all my 6.5's & 6.

Last edited:
    Nice, very nice. Just got back from my dealer. Ordered and paid for a Saker 762 ASR. Paperwork goes in next week. :p
    Had the rifle out today. Love it, it's a keeper. Trigger has to go, but that's an easy swap. Tuning the gas was quick and easy. Probably from the experience I gained tinkering with my 6.5 Creedmoor.

After running them all today, I'm going to go nuts waiting for the can for them.

What bullet and velocity are you getting?

I only put one box of Hornady Match 108 ELD-X through it. Unfortunately it was late in the day and pretty shady at the club I go to. I'll be taking it back out this weekend (maybe this week sometime) and I'll get some logging done. As soon as I have some, I'll post it up. Apologies, didn't get to get some range time in till late. Work kept me hopping over the weekend more than I would have liked it to.

What bullet and velocity are you getting?

Got the velocities you inquired about. These were using Hornady Match ammo w/108g ELD.

Atmospheric:
    82.6° F
    33.6% H
    30.01 inHg (sea level)
    Wind calm

Avg on 15 shots was 3096 fps. Barrel is new, total of 60 rounds through it. 22" Wilson Combat Match Super Sniper profile (I prefer heavier profiles).

Really liking the rifle so far.

Reactions: wompa
    Wow that is much faster than what I was getting with a 22" JP barrel. I was at 2980 or so with factory 108 and popping primers.

Faster than I expected as well. I need to get a friend's chrony. I want to verify those velocities. No oddballs. Ammo temps and velocities were pretty consistent. Only increases in velocities were slight and occurred with the last 5 rounds. Shot that string giving the chamber little time to cool and taking a while to pull the trigger. Ammo warmed up a little. I'll get some more data this week/weekend. See if it's consistent and see if I can get the other chrono to verify.

No ammo issues at all. Brass was tossed right back to about the ~4 o'clock position. Everything super smooth. Locked back on the last rounds, has after the initial adjustment on its initial outing. Only issue it had was the butt pad plate screw loosened and the plate canted top left on the XLR. That was tightened quick, no issue on inspection after coming home. Now that the stocks adjusted, it'll get a little loctite.