• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Somebody up there likes me

tundrawookiee

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2014
How many reloaders out there had a lapse in attention to detail while reloading that resulted in, to say the least, an embarrassing moment at the range? My last was a missed powder charge that resulted in a stuck bullet in the throat of my Super Blackhawk. I am amazed how far into the throat of your barrel just a magnum primer will drive it. Of course it locked up the cylinder, and of course I didn't have anything I could drive it down far enough with so I could remove the cylinder and clear it. Finally found someone with a long Phillip's head screwdriver, and managed to clear the throat so I could remove the cylinder.

Needless to say, I pay an even more strict attention to detail after this screw-up. By the way, you can call me a big dummy, I deserve it.

Just happened to me with a 300AAC load. Somehow missed charging the case. The small rifle primer pushed tge 125 grain speer tnt about 10" into the barrel.

I did it once with 45 long colt. Not a big deal…but what worried me the most was where did I put the powder that should have been in that one?! I weighed all the rest and trashed any potential double charges!

Made it to a PRS match with one round dribbling powder out of the flash hole. Missed it priming, which I do manually. Not sure how it happened, but it did.

ALWAYS good to keep a SQUIB rod in the Pistol range bag. I did what you did in a 1970's vintage Python a couple of years ago. I now keep a squib rod in the shooting bag.

My worst one was accidentally cross-threading the ASR mount on my suppressor, saying to myself "That tightened quickly - oh well - I'm sure it's fine" ... and then having to call a cease-fire on a busy day to walk 20-yards down-range to retrieve the destroyed suppressor that I shot off of my 300-WM. Imagine my embarrassment ...

More than once in a USPSA match I've seen people "tap & rack" after a "misfire." My understanding is that was the action which resulted in this little gem. I wasn't there for this broken PCC, but I did watch a guy tap&rack a Sig MPX half a dozen times before he stopped... there were SIX BULLETS in that barrel; thankfully he quit tapping&racking before he chambered a round with powder in it.
IMG_4034.jpeg