• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Somebody would get hurt...or worse.

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    • Wow
    Reactions: SilentStalkr
    Hope when they get done rebuilding our house someone hasn't decided to fill our back yard with goats...I mean, they do taste better than sheep, but I think I ate enough goats in Africa and the sand box already.

This reminds me of home mortgage theft. Somebody creates fraudulent paperwork and takes out equity loans or sells the homeowners own house out from underneath him. Apparently a bank or lending institution is the one that got taken yet somehow the actual homeowner who had nothing to do with these transactions is the one the “law” deems stuck with the damages. Imagine that.

download - 2023-03-11T222734.574.jpeg

Typical squatter that decides to lay claim to my property, and to prove I'm not heartless they can stay as long as they like.

Had a friend in Alabama who had around a 1/2 acre taken from him . The neighbor had been mowing that area . Basically if your the one maintaining it , after 7 yrs you can claim squatters rights and take it from them .
    So If you have a neighbor that's taking care of or maintaining any part of your property out of the kindness of their heart, you might want to be careful !

Reactions: 101st
    Had a friend in Alabama who had around a 1/2 acre taken from him . The neighbor had been mowing that area . Basically if your the one maintaining it , after 7 yrs you can claim squatters rights and take it from them .
    So If you have a neighbor that's taking care of or maintaining any part of your property out of the kindness of their heart, you might want to be careful !
    I really don’t see how that crap is remotely legal. If you are paying the taxes on it then squatter or not it shouldnt be where someone can just take it. That makes no sense.

Last edited:
    People we bought our house from live in NJ. They still own about 70 acres all around me. So under this premise I can just "maintain" a few square feet of their property and in 7 years it all becomes mine?

People we bought our house from live in NJ. They still own about 70 acres all around me. So under this premise I can just "maintain" a few square feet of their property and in 7 years it all becomes mine?
    I ran into this when I bought a new house in a development. I ask for a survey before purchasing, the existing neighbor had planted bushes along our mutual property line but had encroached onto my property about 30 feet. I found that out with the survey. I coordinated with the city engineer and he agreed. The neighbor complained and moaned but I gave him the option to remove his plants. He gave in and we got along after that.

Reactions: SONIC SAAMI
    I ran into this when I bought a new house in a development. I ask for a survey before purchasing, the existing neighbor had planted bushes along our mutual property line but had encroached onto my property about 30 feet. I found that out with the survey. I coordinated with the city engineer and he agreed. The neighbor complained and moaned but I gave him the option to remove his plants. He gave in and we got along after that.
    There are people that make their living out of buying a piece of property that they know has an encroachment upon it and suing for damages.
    Teams of surveyors survey property's that are for sale.
    Real estate attorneys kept on retainer handle the legal matters.
    Talk about your passive income.