• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Someone help me with this PITA neighbor!

i_Adam_i18

Private
Minuteman
Oct 22, 2008
Olympia, WA
Ok, a little background... so I bought my first house a couple months ago. It's on 4 acres in the country (outside of city limits). I work in LE and have a patrol car parked in the driveway. There are like 5 people that live on the same road as me and most of them are quite a ways away...with the exception of one.

This lady that lives right next door lives on undeveloped land in a POS pull behind trailer covered in plastic. There are several tents on the property that might possibly harbor other individuals living there, I'm not really sure.

to give you a clue on how good the property looks compared to everything else here...The previous owners of this house constructed a long ass cedar fence to block the view of her garbage. The rest of my property is fully fenced with horse fence.

The first run in I have with her is when all my family is here checking out my house. We have a BBQ and a fire in a fire pit. My brother and I wanted to shoot something, so we each take about 5 shots at an empty paint can with .22's. She starts yelling from the fence line that she wants to talk to me. Reluctantly I walk over and right away I can see that she's a piece of work. One of those that you deal with daily in my line of work. She starts complaining about me freaking out her "$80,000 lame horses" and asking if I plan on shooting all the time, bla bla bla. I told her I would stop shooting, that day...

Ok so next run in. Me, my GF, my bro and his wife, all have a big bon fire on the back of my property. It's all good fun and the night goes great. 2 days later we find a note stuck in the fence that reads something to the effect of "I have a poultry farm and all the shooting scared my chickens off their nests and the smoke from your fire killed my baby turkeys". It was of course a lot longer than that but that's the general idea.

Few days later I'm spraying ground killer around my fence line, she's outside constructing another eye sore and shreeks, "what are you spraying?!"...I tell her, ground killer. She says "This is an organic farm...". So I say, well it's a good thing I'm not spraying this on your side of the fence... so we go back and forth a few times etc etc.

I of course tell the guys at work all about it and they get a kick out of it. Luckily I had been telling my Sgt about it as well because this piece of work decides to call in and complain to my dept about me. Specifically about me shooting and burning...which is all legal. So my Sgt tells me I didn't do anything wrong and that I should probably not talk to her, which I didn't plan on.

Now every time that I attempt to burn something whether it be weeds in my gravel driveway with a propane torch, or brush in a perfectly legal brush pile, she calls the fire department on me...Well there's a funny part to that.

2 other neighbors introduced themselves to us soon after we moved in. 1 neighbor did so by driving his sweet ass kubota utility vehicle over and gave us 2 japanese maple trees that they raised. Awesome folks. The other one brings over a lasagna. Also awesome folks. So when I go scuba diving for crab, we always bring them some, and we also had them over for a big 4th of july party. So the funny part is when the one neighbor shows up the other day when I am burning weeds in the driveway. Apparently he is a volunteer firefighter and heard the "burning of a noxious substance" call come out so he came and checked it out, told me I wasn't doing anything wrong and went back home.

Then he comes over a second time a day later when we are having another bonfire out back. This time it was called in as an illegal burn. Once again, he checks it out, nothing wrong, and leaves.

I feel bad having him have to come down all the time just to see what I'm doing because this idiot calls me in for nothing. She's got several dogs that bark all the friggin time. I called the animal control officer but apparently for her to enforce anything, she has to get 3 written complaints from separate people or hear the violation herself.

Anyway, this lady is the biggest pain in my a**. All I want to do when I come home is get away from people like that and relax. Any idea's would be great. I am serious about this problem but smart ass answers are always welcome too... I appreciate those as much as the next guy.

Re: Someone help me with this PITA neighbor!

that is probably why the people sold that house to you and was happy to get away from her. Not much you can do here. I am the second owner of a house with the almost the same situation. The previous owner erected a huge fence on our side of the property because the hated the neighbors because they had horse and llamas. They used to do things to each other in this low level war. The neighbor would pile the horse and llama crap on the border of the yards to bug my houses previous owners. Not much you can do if you are both doing legal things but just annoying the other through what ever reason.

Just don't let it bug you to the point that it causes issues at your work. There are lots of tools in this world that want someone to pay attention to them through negative ways. That is the only way this actually functions. Negative reinforcement of that just feeds into her psychosis.

I dont know about the state you live in but the law here in Oklahoma says she is making a false report of a crime and can be arrested. We have done this several times and got convictions.

Remember, you bought the home, an the high fence was in place, that should have raised a flag or two. However, are you sure all shes growing is 100% legal, an those out building are not safe houses, or drop points? A few fake cameras high above the fence, may help her adjust.

I would suggest, playing on her level.
If she fails to get that message, she most likely will adjust on the next ones lower.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doug.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Say hi and smile everytime you see them!</div></div>

Yeah, that's a great idea. Maybe he should invite them over for Christmas dinner, huh?

stupidity.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: topgun99</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">I dont know about the state you live in but the law here in Oklahoma says she is making a false report of a crime and can be arrested. We have done this several times and got convictions.</span></div></div>

^^^THIS!^^^

Since your LE, respectively tell her to FUCK OFF! Then get the County after her, Health n Human services would be a good start, SPCA is another, and finally tell her to never set foot on your property for any reason, and get a restraining order against her.

My parents went through the same type of thing where they live now. Kill them with a smile. People like that, if you dont get riled up and force them to play YOUR game, you will win. Just dont play THEIR game, play YOURS.

If you have zoning laws and building inspectors, her building and structures need to meet code. Same goes with waste handling from her animals. I'd start there and make sure they are doing their job.

I have had very similar problems in the past. One thing that you really should keep from your neighbor at all cost, is the fact that you are a LEO. That gives her more ammo to fuck with your employment.

That being said, you need to figure out if you want to fight fire with fire or with water. You can't do both. You can choose to be just as annoying and obnoxious as her but that tree rarely bears fruit. You can get ammo donations from SH and fire 1000 rounds per day while running your exhaust uncapped on 3 separate vehicles all while tending the bon fires. I admit that it would feel good to do those things but you would only add to your neighbor's resolve.

On the other hand, you can attempt to have her charged for falsely reporting an emergency....a felony here in CA. You can also have a chat with your local health inspectors and raise concern over the condition created by unsanitary fowl. The noise complaint thing might work with animal control but don't hold your breath; we have the same law as you do. You could always go down to your DA and ask him to file the noise complaint against her for her loud dogs. Keep in mind, the second she is charged, she will cite the fact that your weapons are louder than her barking dogs. You can also see if her "organic chickens" are sold to the public and verify if she has the proper business license. Who knows, maybe the IRS or FDA would be interested in some of the info that you can provide.

Before you open this can of worms, understand that she will have a rebuttal for every charge brought against her. I'm sure she will then attempt to bring charges against you which may affect your career. You could post no trespassing signs all over your property including your front gate. You could advise your neighbor that she is not allowed on your property. The next little love letter you find on your door will be a trespass violation.

Also, get ready for civil suit. Pieces of shit like this love to play and win the ghetto lottery. It would be easy for her to claim that your shooting is negatively affecting her livestock. She won't need that stupid organic farm if you owe her money. Even if you win in civil court, you will be out lawyer fees and time.

Whatever you do, you should thoroughly document every incident that occurs. I hate to bring it this far but you may need motion sensitive cameras to protect yourself from a false claim brought against you. Again, the need for a camera will be dictated by your chosen course of action.

Just be careful man.

I agree with the others: Smile and be super friendly...even if on the inside you aren't
smile.gif
Fighting fire with fire is best left for the forestry division...fighting fire with water FTW
laugh.gif

Proverbs 25:21-22
If your enemies are hungry, give them food to eat.
If they are thirsty, give them water to drink.
You will heap burning coals of shame on their heads, and the Lord will reward you.

I feel for you. PITA neighbors make life pretty miserable. Is cutting your losses and moving an option? Probably the only way to live peacefully, unless you can muster up a "I don't give a shit" attitude towards her and ignore her and her BS. I couldn't, and it bugged the hell out of me all the time. I was going to move, but just so happens the cuss of a neighbor moved before I. Of course I had lawyers and cops on my side. It worked out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fisky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I feel for you. PITA neighbors make life pretty miserable. Is cutting your losses and moving an option? Probably the only way to live peacefully, unless you can muster up a "I don't give a shit" attitude towards her and ignore her and her BS. I couldn't, and it bugged the hell out of me all the time. I was going to move, but just so happens the cuss of a neighbor moved before I. Of course I had lawyers and cops on my side. It worked out. </div></div>

I agree with this 100%. Moving is probably your best option if your neighbor is affecting your quality of life in such a way that can't be ignored.

I feel your pain. I'm in the process of moving right now for the same reason. My biggest fear is that I move into another neighborhood with the same (or worse) results. I made an offer on a house yesterday but only after interviewing the prospective neighbors.

I'm sorry that you have to deal with this. Not much in life is more frustrating than a crappy neighbor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> freaking out her "$80,000 lame horses"</div></div>

That's a hell of a horse.

I have horses and chickens. I shoot a lot in my back yard. Both will get use to it. My horses have become a pain in the ass. When I shoot, they run up to the targets, knowing I'll grain them to get them in the corral while I shoot. Suckers are smart.

I would go the "filing a false report' route, being her neighbor and in LE, you don't want to do it, but the Fire Dept and your Sgt can.

My neighbors are pretty good, had a new one move in and complain about my shooting, sheriff told her I'd been shooting for 15 years before she showed up, if she didn't like it, she should "move back to town".

I think he should host a skeet shoot or a 3 gun match on his property. j/k

I do agree with putting up motion cameras. I would also just observe her activities from time to time. You never know when some little tidbit of information may come in handy.

Might as well have fun with it. Have a cold drink and something to eat (fire roasted hotdogs or the like) ready for the firemen when you start your fire <span style="text-decoration: underline">EVERYDAY</span>. I would imagine that there is some sort of ordnance that provides for a fine for multiple false alarm calls in your AO, might be worth checking out...

Might be nice of you to volunteer to burn your neighbors trash for them as well, you know just to be neighborly.

Just be careful that you don't do anything that could result in a complaint against you at work. I'm also a Washington State LE and have seen several cases on our Dept where guys have gotten sustained complaints because of neighbor disputes. Never invoke your position/employment in conversations with her. Never forget that she already knows who you work for. Friendly advice.

...other than that, lots of good advice above. Eventually the fire dept will start warning her or ask for false reporting charges. They may even put her on the no-response list. I'd be "nice" to her but continue to live my life as I see fit (within the law obviously). It'll eat at her soul.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Peloton</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just be careful that you don't do anything that could result in a complaint against you at work. I'm also a Washington State LE and have seen several cases on our Dept where guys have gotten sustained complaints because of neighbor disputes. Never invoke your position/employment in conversations with her. Never forget that she already knows who you work for. Friendly advice.

...other than that, lots of good advice above. Eventually the fire dept will start warning her or ask for false reporting charges. They may even put her on the no-response list. I'd be "nice" to her but continue to live my life as I see fit (within the law obviously). It'll eat at her soul. </div></div>
+1 The best revenge is to keep doing what you want to do (as long as it is legal) and politely ignore her at every opportunity. The happier you appear to be the more it will piss them off.

Damn dude that sucks, I would talk to whomever the agency is where you live and see if you can file charges on her for falsely reporting an incident. Get friendly with the volunteer FD that covers your area, they'll catch on to her bullshit soon enough and maybe they can also talk some sort of legal action.

Burn a fire every chance you get and shoot your weapons whenever you'd like. Don't let this bitch dictate how you're going to live YOUR life on YOUR property.

I would also erect a pole and mount a high intensity spot light that would be aimed at her POS trailer and I would run that fucker ALL night long.

Doesn't serve any purpose to get into a pissing match with her or starting a round of back and forth complaints. It only escalates events like this to where it's out of control. You've done nothing wrong and I'd leave it at that. Do what the previous poster said and smile -- kill them with kindness. It's so much harder for people to feel like they got one over on you when you smile at them.
smile.gif

Next time your spraying the ground killer around your fence line, make sure you wearing a yellow bio hazard suit, again this for your saftey. Also, the groungd killer cantainer needs a more ergonomic cuzzie with a large red skull and cross bones logo on it, don't want to get carpel tunnel syndrom while spraying now do you?

The Weather Channel is your friend, make sure your next burn day is planned when your up wind.

Is Animal Care and Control aware of her '$80,000 lame horses'? Have the horses had medical treatment for this lameness, do they have enough food, water,and shelter?

"So my Sgt tells me I didn't do anything wrong and that I should probably not talk to her, which I didn't plan on." ^^ your first thoughts are usally the correct ones. . In all seriousness, plant some Bamboo along your fence line and be done seeing her dump!

Finally, Just look at and ignore her. Don't do a damn thing different than you normally would!

In a way it reminds me of those city people who move to a subdivision near a pig farm and complain about the smell.

From the rather vivid description of the trailer and tents I can only figure the OP bought the 4 acres at night so he never saw the neighbors (who were there first) until he had his earnest money down.

Something else I noticed, many new arrivals think their little slice of heaven means anything goes because 'its the country'. 4 acres is TINY. I doubt many would shoot any firearm in a subdivision and yet think because they can burn bush piles (on 4 acres that won't last long) they can blast away.

Another annoying/interesting trait of the 'ranchette' crowd is buying a horse or two to run on their 4 or 5 acre Ponderosas. Takes less than a month for those two horses to eat the ground bare, shit everywhere and cost a butt load of money to feed and keep healthy.

It's not that I think the trailer trash neighbors are NOT crazier than a pack of shithouse rats. However PD new to the neighborhood guy ain't winning any good neighbor awards either.

You bought 4 acres right freaking beside someone and a rule of thumb is if normal conversation can be heard off your property you don't own the world and you are under suburban rules.

Buy 160 acres and you are out in the country- can burn, shoot and generally do what you please when you please. 4 acre mini plots are just the suburbs on steriods with little benefit and all the negatives.

Next time pick the ranchette next to the stripper girl's trailer. Trailer trash is trailer trash but at least the view is better...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Next time pick the ranchette next to the stripper girl's trailer. Trailer trash is trailer trash but at least the view is better...
</div></div>

But that doesn't enhance my Mrs's appreciation of my diligent attention to the yard chores.

DO NOT discontinue doing what you please within the law. Ignore her and it will come to a head and she will be the one in jail. I have had experience with this myself almost to a tee. Be wary as these types usually know more about the laws and how to use them to advantage than the local talent at the courthouse.

The good news is I did not kill my neighbor and was found not guilty in a court of law....seriously. Although I do still hate allowing the man, that slapped my elderly mother, to live. I am still a free man able to carry concealed, he is likely dead or in prison considering his rap book (believe me it couldn't accuately be called a sheet). I will never forget the words of Judge Martin to Chris's mother when she told him they were moving out of Pitt County, "I think that is a good idea, before someone gets killed."

If you keep your head it will work out in your favor.

Qee-
at the rate some would have you burning and shooting there won't be much yard to chore!

Besides the trailer tramp will most likely have a steady stream of man candy to give the Mrs. something to appreciate as she helps build the mound of broken bottles on the 22 range.
wink.gif

4 acres is way too little to be shooting a gun on regularly. Those types of lots are practically in the middle of town. Really you need a lot more land if you want to shoot without making your neighbors mad and deaf. More people are going to move in closer to you and they will not like the shooting either…

Here's what you need...

1) a couple of friends willing to have some fun
2) 3 pair of white coveralls
3) 3 respirator masks
4) 3 pair of bright colored rubber gloves
5) 3 empty 1 gallon jugs (the translucent kind like windshield washer fluid comes in)
6) 3 green chemical light sticks

Dress for the part, wait until dusk, fill the jugs with water & drop in a light stick. Then slowly walk the fence line and pour some of the radioactive looking liquid on the ground.

When she comes running out demanding to know what's going on - just ignore her.

Nothing like using someone's own overactive imagination against them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbsinh20</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's what you need...

3) 3 respirator masks
5) 3 empty 1 gallon jugs (the translucent kind like windshield washer fluid comes in)

Dress for the part, wait until dusk, fill the jugs with water & drop in a light stick. Then slowly walk the fence line and pour some of the radioactive looking liquid on the ground.
</div></div>

Almost sounds like an episode of Breaking Bad.

Sounds like he knows this works from experience...

Lol... So... Being a RE Broker here in WA I can give you some tips on how to deal with the neighbor that doesn't know when to go the f@#k away...

Step 1. Issue an official Criminal Trespass Order against her to keep her off your property.

Step 2. You have a cell phone that has video I assume (who doesn't these days), so every time there's an incident where she's disturbing the peace you need to video tape her and have everyone else such as your GF, brother, etc do the same. As the other LEO said earlier make damn sure to never inject your position into the conversation. Then make sure you gather every single piece of paper that she post's on your side of the fence (trespassing) along with the video and stop at the court house to file a Non-Contact Order against her.

Step 3. When she violates either call a SGT (not yours) and have him/her nail her ass to the wall. Also, isn't there an RCW that protects LE from public harassment? If she contacts your employment multiple times in an attempt to affect your employment with false claims you could likely bring suit for Slander, Liable, Defamation of Character and then end up owning her property.

On a side note... people like that have a tendency to carry herbal products of an illegal nature. If a fellow K9 Officer happened to stop by and good ole Rover started barking because he smells narcotics isn't that considered probable cause? And an idiot like that has likely had issues with other neighbors, so gathering witnesses will probably be easy. I know a good Real Estate Attorney and if you need a consult let me know...

Are you sure she's the owner and not a squatter?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbsinh20</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's what you need...

3) 3 respirator masks

When she comes running out demanding to know what's going on - just ignore her.

Nothing like using someone's own overactive imagination against them.

</div></div>

Ok dude that is flippin awesome and I plan on using that at a later date...
laugh.gif

WASP - I know the EXACT mentality you are dealing with!!

Why in fact tomorrow I will be taking my daughter back home, to that same mentality! RIght next door to you! (City figuratively speaking).

Daughters mom lives in SHelton, and there's so much of that mentality down there the only way you can escape it is to MOVE...

She'll get over it. Did you run a wants and warrant check on her?

Maybe it's time for YOU to start calling things in....

There are laws, up here anyway, a bout junked up properties, not sure if Pierce county has the same laws tho...

with neighbors, best to just ignore them though...recall last year that WASP that had a mental on his property? Yeah - he ended up shooting him (That was messed up)...

I'm gonna have to come visit you one of these weekends LOL
smile.gif

<span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">If you have zoning laws and building inspectors, her building and structures need to meet code. Same goes with waste handling from her animals. I'd start there and make sure they are doing their job.</span></span></span>

I'm sure you know someone in code enforcement. Take lots of pictures and have a talk with the CE person.

Also, make sure she is outside while you are taking pictures so she sees you doing it. Then, the next day, have someone in an official looking vehicle stop alongside the road and take more pictures and write notes on a clipboard. Making a fake phone call along with the above usually makes the scenario all the more believable.

It's amazing what this little act can do for you. Your neighbor will ask you what is going on. You can answer to her that you have been advised not to speak with her on the matter and that soon she will know what is going on..

Play the game along these lines and she will soon shut up. Also the advice on animal control for the horses and the part about licensing of sales is reallly good too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: notquiteright</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Qee-
at the rate some would have you burning and shooting there won't be much yard to chore!

Besides <span style="text-decoration: underline">the trailer tramp will most likely have a steady stream of man candy to give the Mrs. something to appreciate </span>as she helps build the mound of broken bottles on the 22 range.
wink.gif
</div></div>

While never letting up on my own lustiness...Clever she is.

Ok, first off, thanks for all the responses so far...I've been laughing my a** off at some of them.

to those who think 4 acres is small and in the city...well yes, 4 acres may be small compared to your 1000 acre texas ranch...j/k. Yeah I know it's relatively small. However, I am about 15 miles out of any town and smack in the middle of farm land. So the notion that I am in town is invalid.

Now that being said, I did not say anything about buying this 4 acres and shooting up the place. We took a couple shots with the .22. I didn't break out the AR, or the .308's etc etc. And I didn't even plan on shooting all the time.

For the question about whether she owns the property...no. I believe it's her sister that owns it. According to the county assessors website, it's a different female, so probably her sister.

I was reading up on the filing a false complaint and it may be a possibility, but they would have to prove that she KNEW she was making a false complaint. I know all she would tell them was "oh, I thought there was a burn ban in effect and I didn't want him to catch my grass on fire...".

I'm torn between the killing them with kindness or the trying to get them evicted from the property by all legal means available. I did already call environmental protection about the mass quantities of old used tires on the back side of her property. He called my house when I was at work but he hasn't gotten back to me.

I would love to hire a real estate attorney or at least get some advice from one, but at this point, money is a big issue. And I can't check wants on her, even though I'm sure she's got a nice record. I'd get hemmed up for misuse of department resources (personal use).

I do need to get ahold of the building and planning department because I originally thought that she was just in a pull behind trailer, but it appears that there is a wood build shanty containing a wood stove (stove pipe sticking out) that I'm sure was not built to code or with a building permit...

More responses are welcome!

LL - PM inbound

You need to give an official No Trespass Order against her though to keep her off your property at least. My Head Broker is a RE Attorney. I'll see if he's willing to do a free consult for LE...

running wants and warrants for personal use is a big ncic nono and in my dept would be days on the beach up to dismissal. i would recommend the restraining order which will prevent her from contacting you in any way.

have you checked into arrest/cite for false reports? if she continues to call fire is it 911 if so misuse of 911 is a gross misd here in nevada.

its tricky but get your dept on board and start writing traffic cites every chance you get, its better if other officers make stops and write sites as she is sure to claim harassment if you pull her over. by same token if you have in car video record the violation and whole stop and if you observe a valid traffic infraction your good to go.

the key is to cost her money everything else will follow.

reccord every incident on your phone camera!!!!!!! everyone and save for evidence!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rez187</div><div class="ubbcode-body">running wants and warrants for personal use is a big ncic nono and in my dept would be days on the beach up to dismissal. i would recommend the restraining order which will prevent her from contacting you in any way.

have you checked into arrest/cite for false reports? if she continues to call fire is it 911 if so misuse of 911 is a gross misd here in nevada.

<span style="font-weight: bold">its tricky but get your dept on board and start writing traffic cites every chance you get, its better if other officers make stops and write sites as she is sure to claim harassment if you pull her over. by same token if you have in car video record the violation and whole stop and if you observe a valid traffic infraction your good to go.</span>

the key is to cost her money everything else will follow. </div></div>

Don't do what that ^^^ guy said to do. It's a can of worms you don't want to open.

I don't really have any good suggestions of dealing with neighbors like that, but whatever you do, be the better person and take the moral high road. Don't let her drag you down to her level.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kraigWY</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> freaking out her "$80,000 lame horses"</div></div>

That's a hell of a horse.

I have horses and chickens. I shoot a lot in my back yard. Both will get use to it. My horses have become a pain in the ass. When I shoot, they run up to the targets, knowing I'll grain them to get them in the corral while I shoot. Suckers are smart.

I would go the "filing a false report' route, being her neighbor and in LE, you don't want to do it, but the Fire Dept and your Sgt can.

My neighbors are pretty good, had a new one move in and complain about my shooting, sheriff told her I'd been shooting for 15 years before she showed up, if she didn't like it, she should "move back to town". </div></div>

$80,000 is actually not much for a pure bred horse of some prestige. There have been races horses sold for 11 million here in the bluegrass. Yes, thats ONE horse!

People like this have no high ground, so lowering your standards to her level wont matter. in fact it can be fun and entertaining.

Just an FYI... Dead farm animals stink real bad when you are down wind
smile.gif
Tell her you are making an organic compost pile.

Congrats on your 4 acres. It sounds nice

MAN .... It's the exact same problem with a neighbor of mine. However, he calls every time I burn limbs and brush. Then, when I shoot my guns at the back of my property he calls the Sheriff's Dept. on me, and they check it out. He called them 5 times in one day a couple of months ago.

We've only lived here 4 years, and are thinking about moving within the next 5. Don't you wish that you were able to interview your neighbors before you move in?

There have been some really good suggestions here... some funny ones too.

I know this is random, but what about buying her out? maybe there's more a need for money than the need for the land? gets rid of her, and then you have more room, and can sell/rent/lease down the line instead.

One thing you can do for the FD is give them a quick call prior to lighting a fire,and tell them you're doing a controlled burn.Saves them a trip to your place.Good luck with the problem.