• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Someone that owes me $500 from 3+ years ago just texted and called me out of nowhere - Update: White Trash Extravaganza Achieved! WE HAVE MONEY!!

What poor people doing poor people bullshit adventure am I in store for?

• He has your money and wants to pay you back

• He needs more money and thinks enough time has gone by to ask for some

• He wants to talk like nothing ever happend

• He has some shit he made while in prison to give you as barter for the money he owes you

• Total fucking random sob story

• Other; post what you think it is

Results are only viewable after voting.

TheGerman

Oberleutnant
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2010
    the Westside
    Not even sure why I still had the number in my phone lol

Long story short, like 3-4 years ago, someone I had worked with had their life turn into a total shitshow dumpsterfire. Not entirely his fault, but he also made some stupid decisions along the way that got him there. I had moved out of state and we kept in touch (weren't the best of pals but did talk and hang out when I had lived there) and got little updates about how shitty things were going and what he was trying to do to fix shit, get his head above water, and all sorts of little updates.

The thing that stood out was that A. he WAS actually trying and wasn't one of those people who thought some work/pay wasn't good enough for them and B. he wasn't being a whiny bitch about any of it, and instead finally realized all the advice people had given him before all of this was 100% correct.

Anyways, it got to the point one month where he was going to be short on rent. Called me, and I could tell he wasn't proud of it, asked me for basically anything I'd be willing to loan him until stuff had picked up at work. At this point he had started doing Uber as well. I said $500 and asked when he thought I'd get it back, to which he said 2 months max. Knowing there was a 60% chance I'd get like $40 back from this and a bullshit story, I sent him the $500 because it really didn't matter to me, and had the possibility of saving his ass.

So weeks and a few months went by and I started inquiring about whats been going on, and whats up with the $500. Comms got less and less and more vague. One of the last time we talked, it ended up with him going on and on about how his life sucked and now he's worried that I'm going to 'just come down here and kill me'. LOL

At some point I chalked it up to a waste of my time and moved on with my life and forgot about it. The real loser here was him because had he made this a priority/gotten his head out of his ass, I'm in a position to bail him out of way more than $500 worth of problems; but, thats poor people doing poor people things.

So 5 mintues ago I get a text from him. 'Hey what are you up to?' and then a call that I sent to voicemail 30 seconds later.

Let's see what the votes say and then I'll call him. The first thing out of my mouth when he picks up will be, 'So, wheres my $500?'

What's your sob story?

I dont have one! Wait, I need gun money. I was kidding. No seriously, I’ve never been the one to ask for help, from anyone. And, if someone comes to me in need of money and I find it a worthy cause, I simply give it to them without the expectation of ever getting it back.

The real life lesson here is storing the number of people you do not want to talk to. You can store by their name or store them as Do Not Answer.

you saved him, got his life back in order, and he will pay you back by letting you in on an awesome opportunity, just a small invesmtent!

• Haha
    Reactions: diverdon
    So now I'm worried that if I start in with 'wheres my $500' that I may completely wreck his attempt to either go along like nothing happened, or better yet, try and get more money out of me.

Hmmmm.

Going to listen to the voicemail that was left. Standby.

"Worried" ?................that's absolutely the best thing you could do, first thing, right out of the gate. :eek:

So now I'm worried that if I start in with 'wheres my $500' that I may completely wreck his attempt to either go along like nothing happened, or better yet, try and get more money out of me.

Hmmmm.

Going to listen to the voicemail that was left. Standby.

Why not just start by asking if you can send him a few bucks... like the last time he fucked ya lol.

Ok, so short voicemail.

Hi TheGerman, its (his name). How have you been? I hope you remember me LOL

Wanted to see how you were doing. I'll be working until later, but give me a call. Say hi to (Mrs. TheGerman) too!

Reactions: diverdon
    Hey, strange shit happens and people do stuff that makes you scratch your head. I had a guy on here, long ago, before we left here the first time, fuck me out of $2500. Like 3-5 years goes by and god knows how many texts, phone calls, new numbers and cops called and all of a sudden I get a call and text from him. Damn if he didn't pay me back on the day my kid was born.

Hey, strange shit happens and people do stuff that makes you scratch your head. I had a guy on here, long ago, before we left here the first time, fuck me out of $2500. Like 3-5 years goes by and god knows how many texts, phone calls, new numbers and cops called and all of a sudden I get a call and text from him. Damn if he didn't pay me back on the day my kid was born.

So like, can I borrow 2500?

If he texted and called within minutes. He is in some kind of trouble.

Personally he owes you more than $500 at this point. $500+interest + inflation. There is no way I would hand you less than $650 at this point. But hey I don't need to borrow money either.

As you said, poor people doing poor people things.

Personally it would be worth the loss to string him along (think Nigerian cat fish scammer) and then drop the "fuck off and die" bomb.

Do it all by text and post them up. We can always use a good laugh.

I voted "Random". As in, every single sentence of a long, drawn-out, rambling, tortuous, torturous (look em up) story will have absolutely no relationship to the sentence preceding or following. Plus he's calling on someone else's cell phone from an institution.
    He was a mental case before, and has probably gotten worse without treatment (except self-medication)..... or it is a totally success story, with your money plus interest and perhaps a Rolex. R I G H T.

Reactions: Barneybdb
    IMO don't fuck around, just state directly there is old business to complete, and get to it. If he doesn't pay up, he isn't much of a friend. If you can't forgive the debt, he isn't much of a friend. Either way, no worse than now.

Reactions: wildcats
    I got a text from him, saw the name and was like WTF and then the phone rings and its him. Maybe 20 seconds apart?

Texting wanting my money would probably scare him off, but I could also see how it could make things entertaining.

Right now I'm leaning towards calling and seeing whats up. Then unless he brings up the money within the first minute or so, or before he goes into sob story mode, I'm going to flat out ask where my $500 is. Then if he 'doesn't have it' I'm just going to inquire how a grown ass person, over a period of 3+ years, can't put $500 together and see what rediculous answer I get.

I'm 90% sure this will end with me saying to never call me again.

Perhaps text him back nice and cool and all.

Great to hear from you. I missed your call as I was busy at work. I hope all is going well in life, what can I do for you?

Then see what he says in reply.

If he asks for more money, you could just nicely tell him that you have run into some significant financial difficulties yourself & if he is able to send you back the $500 he owes you, it would really help out.

I voted "Random". As in, every single sentence of a long, drawn-out, rambling, tortuous, torturous (look em up) story will have absolutely no relationship to the sentence preceding or following. Plus he's calling on someone else's cell phone from an institution.
    He was a mental case before, and has probably gotten worse without treatment (except self-medication)..... or it is a totally success story, with your money plus interest and perhaps a Rolex. R I G H T.

Please, tell me more about this Rolex.

I really like the Presidential bands with the diamond bezel and either a MoP or blue face.

Ok, I need a ruling:

Option 1 - Start with text, but be casual
    Option 2 - Start with text and ask about money right away
    Option 3 - Start with call, but be casual
    Option 4 - Start with call, but ask about money right away

Going to ask if he can borrow a KAC or two because he thinks you are a total dumb fuck due to your German accent.

Id say "Jahwohl!" than make an arrangement to meet him and after he is chained in the room with the Gimp in your best German accent say "Ve half vays ov making you talk......"

Ok, I need a ruling:

Going to ask if he can borrow a KAC or two because he thinks you are a total dumb fuck due to your German accent.

Id say "Jahwohl!" than make an arrangement to meet him and after he is chained in the room with the Gimp in your best German accent say "Ve half vays ov making you talk......"

I dont have an accent :(

• Haha
    Reactions: Bender
    Ok, I need a ruling:

Option 1