• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Someone to thread me Marlin .17HMR

springer01

Minuteman
Dec 27, 2005
Brownfield, Texas
Looking for someone to thread my Marlin 17VS .17HMR 21" heavy barrel to 1/2-28 for my Sparrow. No local smiths here that I would trust, spoke to Jon Beanland he is going to do a 7mm RM build for me in the near future and not too far from me, but the barreled action is too short for his lathe and he is not too familiar with marlins to remove barrel. Any help would be appreciated!

THanks

Im having a tough time picturing a Marlin, but I imagine it is similar to the Savage rimfires in the fact that there is just a lug bolted to the bottom of the action (if any kind of recoil lug exists)? Therefore the action itself could fit through a 1.5" spindle bore no problem with everything stripped from it but still attached to the barrel?

In that case anyone with the capability of threading competently should be able to take care of it for you.