• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Something a little different....Brutus Maximus

RollingThunder51

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2009
U.S.A.
New project. ElektroLumens was ask if they would produce a high performance light capable of surviving a heavy salt water environment while performing search functions at the waterline. Now for those of you that do not know ElektroLumens, well this is quite a place. Aside from making everything by hand at a level of craftsmanship that is simply outstanding, they are most accommodating and thoughtful providers of high performance torches in the world. Brutus Maximus' name is taken from Popeye's nemesis, Brutus. The light is hand spun out of the very best alumnibronze that is used in industry, in this case special order propeller bronze we call Nibral . A 100% hand lathed masterpiece, the set up was for waterline sweeps out past 100 yards with a throw that provided a wider "floody" beam. All the multi-mode functions are there, and like the engine, hand built and sealed behind a threaded bronze end cap, providing the environments needed in this rig. For those that care, this is 3000 lumens or about 12,000 lux. uses a custom armature with 3 Cree XML LEDs, powered at 3 amps each, it pulls a total of 9 amps. At 19 degrees of spread, if you shine it down a football field, it will light up the entire field, the goal post at the other end, and most of the bleachers. triple 26650s as seen here. As you might imagine, at essentially 3X+ an modern car's high beams, this unit needed to throw some heat off it. It does it in style.....at high for an HOUR.

P.S. The term "legos" refers to taking a common flashlights performance higher by way of modular accessories purchased and applied.

Enjoy.

Oh, I was talking about the Kong WTW mentioned, the file is too large for me to put the picture of the guy holding it here.

I would venture to guess that Elktro Lumen will be the first ones to successfuly create a light saber.

Side question: Since Lumens are a metric measurement would 3,000 lumens be equivilent 3 Kilo lumens?