• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Something Different--6X47 Lapua

Willys46

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 17, 2007
Oregon City, OR
I wanted to share some pictures of my new toy. I have been a big fan of Joel Russo’s stocks for quite some time, but never dreamed that I would own something like this! For those that do not know Joel’s work, he produces shootable works of art.
He started with this:
StockBlank.jpg

And delivered this!
stock1.jpg

stock5.jpg

All completed.
DSC_1535.jpg

Specs:
Rem 700 SA
Karl Kamfeild bolt fluting and hunter knob
R&D Precision Bottom Metal
6X47 Lapua
Night Force Scope
Russo A3-5L
Not only does this thing look sweet, the 6X47 Lapua shoots awesome. Low recoil and the 105 hybrids are sweet. I could not get the 115’s to shoot acceptable and after the first group with the 105’s it was all over.
Next weekend it will get its first match under its belt up in Kettle Falls.
Thanks Joel for the awesome stock and customer service! I highly reccomend him for your excotic stock needs.

Re: Something Different--6X47 Lapua

That is absolutely stunning.... I am in love with it!!

That's a purdee sumbeatchh! I may have to take a close up look if I get a chance next Saturday.
wink.gif

beautiful! Congrats.

Complete blanks with that much figure/color the entire length aren't easy to come by. Real sweet!!!

Bet the cost of that blank was on par with a B&C or Hogue???
wink.gif

Speechless.

That's just plain awesome.

Thanks for the words, I’m pretty excited in how it turned out. Joel was great to work with and highly recommend him!

It’s a piece of Maple that really does not fit in to the curly or burl maple category; it has a mixture of all of it. Joel called it flame maple. I have never seen anything quite like it.

It is, as you say, a work of art. I'd be afraid to shoot it.

Don't some also call it 'quilted' maple?? Or am I getting old and senile?