• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Something New From Vortex

Is 5-25 not just the date?

I hope this is the scope I’ve been holding out for, a LHT or AMG 3-15 in FFP at around 20oz.

If so, will shake a few things up for us lighter weight weight FFP crossover scope whiners.

Is 5-25 not just the date?

I hope this is the scope I’ve been holding out for, a LHT or AMG 3-15 in FFP at around 20oz.

If so, will shake a few things up for us lighter weight weight FFP crossover scope whiners.
The date is definitely 5/25. I'd bet my retirement and left nut that there's a reason they're releasing it 5/25.

Reactions: flyfisher117
Part of me wonders if it's an optic to compete with stuff like the Athlon Argos BTR.

Part of me hopes it's something to compete with the MK5 HD.
I made a post asking about optics around $700... and sportoptics said there was a new scope coming out tomorrow that was 5-25, ffp and 34mm...

Long as it’s not gen 2 upgrade as mine supposed to ship this week 😂

Looks 30mm tube to me, but looks can be deceiving.

as long as it’s light and tracks, otherwise it’s entering an over saturated market for 30oz 5-25’s

Тhere is a very specific reason this scope is coming out. For the money it looks quite good and barring something unforeseen, it will do quite well overall.

ILya

Exactly. Won’t be for everyone but will fill a good nitch.

10yd focus, 5x25 for the 22LR ELR market, to compete with the Bushy DMR2 with similar short focus range. Maybe a specific tree and substantial vertical adjustment for same. Just guessing’.

Last edited:
10yd focus, 5x25 for the 22LR ELR market, to compete with the Bushy DMR2 with similar short focus range. Maybe a specific tree and substantial vertical adjustment for same. Just guessing’.
The Strike Eagle already does all of that, albeit 15yard parallax.

I'm usually keen to just on the speculation band wagon but in this case I can wait a few hours.

4E0D9F8A-1EF9-458D-9D11-004FA845938B.jpeg

I'm guessing that the lack of looking turrets, heavier weight, less elevation and norrower FOV, it's a slightly less thrills thrills Strike Eagle at a lower price point?
Maybe better glass too?

Reactions: Bangswitch_6x47
I'm guessing they are competing with the Burris RT series.
I won't buy one, but I'm all for more choices. Just wish they would do more in South Korea and the Philippines.
The RT6 I have is made in the Philippines, I don't know about the higher mag ones, but that, to me is a selling point.

Reactions: Knucklegary
Strike Eagle on left and Venom on right. It is between Diamondback Tactical and Strike Eagle. No illumination or locking turrets like Strike Eagle and will be a few hundred less. Same zero stop set up.

0B8631C1-233C-4B4B-9643-6F87E2927783.jpeg

I'm guessing they are competing with the Burris RT series.
I won't buy one, but I'm all for more choices. Just wish they would do more in South Korea and the Philippines.
The RT6 I have is made in the Philippines, I don't know about the higher mag ones, but that, to me is a selling point.
Burris RT25 is made in PRC.

Strike Eagle on left and Venom on right. It is between Diamondback Tactical and Strike Eagle. No illumination or locking turrets like Strike Eagle and will be a few hundred less. Same zero stop set up.

View attachment 7633034
Are glass and turrets on the SE better than the Venom or much the same?
Eurooptic pricing suggests the street price of the Venom is $200 less than SE ($499 vs $699), probably makes the venom a fairly good buy for new shooters if performance is similar to the SE.

It does seem like the Venom, SE and PST as similar enough that they are just moving potential customers around rather than branching out into new markets. Although more options isn't usually a bad thing.

NRL22 Base Class? Or what is the very specific reason?
Pretty much. Low cost of entry with the same reticle as the entire line up of precision oriented Vortex scopes.

the turrets are surprisingly decent and seem to track in the collimator. I have not been one enough lately to take it to the range, so I have not looked at how it does on the collimator.

I have seen a good number of products from this OEM and they are generally fairly robust.

Ilya

Are glass and turrets on the SE better than the Venom or much the same?
Eurooptic pricing suggests the street price of the Venom is $200 less than SE ($499 vs $699), probably makes the venom a fairly good buy for new shooters if performance is similar to the SE.

It does seem like the Venom, SE and PST as similar enough that they are just moving potential customers around rather than branching out into new markets. Although more options isn't usually a bad thing.

Yes the turrets are almost the same. They are actually more tactile than my SE. It uses the same zero stop set up as the SE. Glass is good in the Venom. I have not had a chance to put it side by side with the SE yet but I can say the Venom is better than the Diamondback Tactical.

They all offer different things for different price points. The Venom adds a zero stop, more travel and 7C reticle over the Diamondback Tactical for $100 more but doesn't offer as much elevation, illumination or locking turrets of the SE. Just another option in the line and a good price point for NRL22 or even someone wanting to get in cheap to centerfire.

I get it if it gets people into shooting.... BUT why go with this when a 100 more get a strike eagle. At this price I'm going arken. And I love vortex. Arken seem better across the board with features for price

Reactions: z71rat
I get it if it gets people into shooting.... BUT why go with this when a 100 more get a strike eagle. At this price I'm going arken. And I love vortex. Arken seem better across the board with features for price

It's $200 less than the SE and $100 more than Diamondback Tactical.

Also might want to edit your title before getting that Arken. ;)

Pretty much. Low cost of entry with the same reticle as the entire line up of precision oriented Vortex scopes.

the turrets are surprisingly decent and seem to track in the collimator. I have not been one enough lately to take it to the range, so I have not looked at how it does on the collimator.

I have seen a good number of products from this OEM and they are generally fairly robust.

Ilya

So a direct competitor to the Bushnell Match Pro? Any idea how they compare?

Is this from the same company that makes the Tac Vector optics? The exposed screw on the underside looks familiar.

I'd be really curious to see a comparison of the Venom 5-25 with the Bushnell Match Pro 6-24.