• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Something new to see in Illinois...

Tomekeuro85

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2007
Chicago Suburbs, IL
I've lately been seeing a lot of places starting to put up " No concealed weapons" signs. I've seen a few restaurants, gyms, and other businesses in the last few weeks that have these signs.

There's a place by my work now that is offering big anti-concealed carry signs.

It's pretty sad that this is the uninformed approach that so many businesses are taking.

Yes, it is their business and their rules, but I don't think they fully understand what concealed carry is for. I'm sure this topic has been covered on here sufficiently but I just wanted to complain.

They think that a criminal or somehow, someone with intent will read that sign and walk away. I believe it makes the establishment a "target" if you will. No opposition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We went through the same thing here in Ohio when we first got Concealed carry, but we would carry "Victim-Zone" business cards and hand them out to the people in the business that posted the signs. We also have apps that show what stores/business' were posted for no CCW to not shop at. Most all the signs are gone now. Part of the learning process.....
Here is a link for our NO Guns-No Money cards

http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/publicfiles/pdf/NGNM-card.pdf

Last edited:
I've seen posts on other sites that a new anti tactic is posting bogus "no gun zone" stickers. Confirm with management.