• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Something of concern too us ALL

Ex E6

Problem Solver = Equation
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2023
Northwest
Mar 25, 2024 - Business

Ammo maker Vista Outdoors gets $3 billion rival takeover offer​

Article Axios

MNC Capital, a Dallas-based family office, increased its takeover offer for sporting goods and ammunition manufacturer Vista Outdoor to $3 billion, or $37.50 per share.
Why it matters: This could help Vista sidestep a U.S. national security review, which was launched after it agreed to sell its firearms and ammo division to Prague-based Czechoslovak Group for $1.91 billion.

Caveat: Vista has already rejected MNC once, questioning the firm's financing commitments and arguing that the spin-off plan would provide more value to shareholders. MNC's original offer was for $35 per share.

Behind the scenes: Vista's ammo brands include Remington, while it's also responsible for products like CamelBak water bottles.

More, per the NY Times: "CSG has faced tough scrutiny before. The Czech company's CEO said in 2022 that it took his company 'seven long months' to win CFIUS approval for its acquisition of Fiocchi, another arms maker .. MNC asserted that the CSG deal would give a foreign-owned company commanding control of the West's supply of primers, the propellant in ammunition."

We should all be concerned with venture capital companies buying up manufacturing companies that produce products for the shooting industry. I also worry about a foreign company owning such a large share of the primer sector. Fiocchi makes shit primers for precision shooting already, and what is to stop a company like CSG from implementing the same for a Federal, Remington or CCI primer. On the other hand, a capital investment group just cares about ROI for their investors (see Remington), and quality is one of the first things that suffers when ROI doesn't meet expectations. I'm watching very closely.

We should all be concerned with venture capital companies buying up manufacturing companies that produce products for the shooting industry. I also worry about a foreign company owning such a large share of the primer sector. Fiocchi makes shit primers for precision shooting already, and what is to stop a company like CSG from implementing the same for a Federal, Remington or CCI primer. On the other hand, a capital investment group just cares about ROI for their investors (see Remington), and quality is one of the first things that suffers when ROI doesn't meet expectations. I'm watching very closely.

Agreed . It's troubling knowing why and how are manufacturing resources are being locked down ,in preference of a certain administrations penchant for China and anyone else but Good Ole USofA . We're already spread ultra thin domestically as well as Militarily and having an incompetent in charge is proving how really STUPID our Country political morons have become !.
A person who's feeble minded can't be charged for criminal acts ,yet somehow can remain President ?. WF ludicrous lunatic escaped the asylum and imposed that absurd law !!!.

This is the way of the globalists. Buy or infiltrate every big company to further sabotage/control the supply chain. Run the company in the ground and sell off the remains. I worked in the oilfield for years and all the big companies bought out all the little independent companies. Then they institute ever more woke policies to guide them in the new direction they deem best to suit their evil agenda. One example: the WEF, every western government etc are hellbent to do away with oil and gas---HOW MANY TOP OIL COMPANY EXECUTIVES HAVE YOU SEEN SPEAK OUT IN PROTEST?? They're all in on it, and this is just another effort to do away with 2A and everything else that's good and decent.

Reactions: Ex E6
what ever happened to the expansion industries primer manufacture plant slated to open i guess last year?

Don't have actual factual details ,Expansion Industries somehow leveraged the old Lone Star Army Ammunition Plant outside Carrollton ,Texas .

Their initial primer tests DIDN'T go well ,have NO Idea as to the problem but reports from sources who actually acquired samples , have publicly stated they were Doo Doo hit and miss at best . Orders weren't filled production was well behind any reasonable scheduling and then some Law suits . Finally New ownership but it would appear too little far far too Late .

If any of you are based in Texas ,you can check Public records and see " IF " they're even a viable owner of said Lone Star Army Ammunition plant or if in fact some other Corporation has in deed bought them out ?.

what ever happened to the expansion industries primer manufacture plant slated to open i guess last year?
White River Energetics LLC is a fairly new primer manufacturer in Arkansas. https://whiteriverenergetics.com/
We have not seen much for sales in the US other than this location: https://republicammunition.com/product-category/primers/ From what I have been told, most of their primers go to manufacturers of small arms ammunition.
Some of the guys that I shoot with in New Zealand are starting to get them. I talked to a guy that shoots F-class in the US that is sponsored by them, and he says they are as good as BR2's. Whether that's bs or not, I haven't tried them. I plan on getting a brick to test against my BR2's. If they don't as good sd/es numbers they can be used in my hunting rifles.

We are going to see more and more of this....both outsourcing to foreign companies and lefty venture capilalist companies buying out manufacturers. Then, we are all mcfuched with cheese

Reactions: mtrmn