• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Something with close range PA and 24x is coming from Vortex

I wonder if it will be the new model of the HST?

But the hst was basically just a pst without illumination and the new pst has 25x and 25 moa per rev as opposed to this mystery scope with 14 moa.
So never mind.

Super curious... Was about to buy a scope and while I typically don't get jazzed about anything Vortex, I was about to press "checkout" on a 3-18 Sign Tango6 then my buddy texted me this teaser... I think I can wait a few days. Maybe....

Super curious... Was about to buy a scope and while I typically don't get jazzed about anything Vortex, I was about to press "checkout" on a 3-18 Sign Tango6 then my buddy texted me this teaser... I think I can wait a few days. Maybe....

theres a sig tango 6 3-18 mil in the classifieds section FYI

It looks like the strike eagle.
I thought that too but theres already a 4-24 strike eagle and it has 12 moa per rev vs this one with 14. Has the same 20-infinity parallax though. And the current strike eagles have strike eagle printed on both sides where this has just a vortex mark on the left side of ocular.

Now that I look at it though I bet it is a strike eagle but front focal plane. Watch from 15 seconds on and notice how the coming soon zooms in... front focal reticle. I wonder why the turret redesign though. And the current strike eagles have that printed on both sides where this has just a vortex mark on the left occular

Last edited:
Reactions: Subwrx300
Thats another good point, no illumination.

I bet it ends up being a 6-24 diamondback tactical line.

Or none of the above since it has bits and pieces of several lines but doesnt really fit into any of them.

That would make sense.

Yeah, but currently dbakcs have the same 12 moa revolutions as the strike eagle vs the 14 shown in this video. And this video is a lower profile turret than the existing dback tacs.

Too bad Vortex doesn't move into the "budget SFP MRAD" market that seemingly is now owned by Athlon.

Thats another good point, no illumination.

I bet it ends up being a 6-24 diamondback tactical line.

Or none of the above since it has bits and pieces of several lines but doesnt really fit into any of them.

I thought about this too. It would be nice to have an inexpensive ffp with parallax down to about 20 yards that tracks well to put on a 22.

Looks like a capped windage turret too. I wonder if this is aimed at the Athlon Midas Tac - FFP, lighter, and cheaper than the full fledged 'tactical' line (Viper PST Gen 2 for Vortex, Ares BTR for Athlon), with no illumination and a capped windage turret.

*Edit* watching the video again, that windage turret might be uncapped - it looks like it at the very beginning of the video, but it's harder to tell in the later side view. I guess we'll find out soon.

Last edited:
Let me know when they make a 3-24 with great optics turrets, etc at $1500. Until then I could care less.

Reactions: Pusher591
Would a diamondback or strike eagle level scope warrant a "teaser"? Apparently/maybe so...?

When I saw the thread title I so wanted something like a 3-15x (ish) AMG. Def not that.

Reactions: Stickshift
Edited: noticed @spife7980 saw the same thing I did. Good catch!!

Watched the teaser again several times and definitely uncapped elevation and windage, side parallax adjust, non-illuminated, 24x high end, guessing 6x low end, and maybe 30mm tube.

The kicker is if you watch the "coming soon" part carefully, you'll catch the big hint: first focal plane. As the "Coming Soon" in the crosshair zooms in, the reticle stays the same size in relation to the text.

Definitely an FFP either 30mm or maybe 1" tube (this is my guess) with good high end magnification. I'm sure @Stickshift is right that they are targeting the budget FFP space with this scope. And while they don't show the objective that well in any shot, it seems like the taper is fairly normal looking toward the bell, which could put it around ~14" OAL.

Should be pretty lightweight if non-illuminated and if they offer some of the better EBR reticles, I'd actually be interested in one for rimfire or practice rifles. Hell, it could be a PST with AMG glass... ??