• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Something wrong w my dog's nose and lips.

oneshot86

Minuteman
Jul 13, 2001
citrus park ,fl
Doc wants 700 for a biopsey.
Have any of you experienced this w your dogs.
The poor thing, if it were me I would be a whiney basterd
IMG_20210516_205952.jpg
IMG_20210516_210136.jpg

It wasn’t on the lips/nose, but our neighbors dog had similar lesions on its feet, between the toes. My wife cleaned and soaked the dogs feet in baths of some concoction to relieve some of the inflammation... long story short, we heard later that it was poison ivy.is something like that a possible? Maybe got his nose in it, then tried licking it away and spread to the mouth areas?

Her nose just got bad not long ago and I found the lips things Yesterday.
We just started seeking out help, so I hoped maybe one of you guys had seen this and advise a sauce or something.
I don't mind paying, it just seems like one of you may have seen this before

He might have a abscessed tooth, use your finger to press on his gums all the way around. Feeling for a bulge or hot spot or pain response. Or could be a contact dermatitis. Change his bedding take away any old and nasty toys (see if this helps). Is he rubbing it a lot? If you brush his teeth and it bleeds a lot it is probably a abscess thats my best guess. The doc should be able to figure this out on exam. Dont need biopsies, maybe a new doc.

How long has it been like that? Did it happen suddenly or worsen over time?

I'm with ^^^^

Does he show its sensitive/painful?
Do you need a donation fund?
We are on it, it started slow on the nose, them wham, and while looking deeper at her, I saw the lips.
No donation, we are totally fine.
I'll keep you posted, we hope to have her seen tomarrow.
She doesn't show pain at all.
Just hoping someone has seen it before

If I was a guessing man I’d say something fungal or got into a plant like poison ivy/oak.

I would typically let it ride for a couple days before I brought my dog in and see if there was any improvement on its own. Doesn’t help that my GSD has to be sedated every time I bring him in. He likes to try and go for the jugular on vets otherwise.

I’d start him on Benadryl at 1mg/1# of dog

We are on it, it started slow on the nose, them wham, and while looking deeper at her, I saw the lips.
No donation, we are totally fine.
I'll keep you posted, we hope to have her seen tomarrow.
She doesn't show pain at all.
Just hoping someone has seen it before
Thing is, dogs rarely really show pain and discomfort. But like you said in the original post about being a whiney bitch if you were in that shape....
If she were my dog, she would have been in to the vet already.

I'd get a second opinion ,from a different Vet.................Animal Docs are almost in a category that I have reserved for doctors,lawyers and politicians

Saw something very similar to this with my last dog. She got into "Lysol" fucked her up bad.

I'd get a second opinion ,from a different Vet.................Animal Docs are almost in a category that I have reserved for doctors,lawyers and politicians
and the shit i’ve seen people do......

and it never fails. people endlessly wanting her diagnosis for free. from popping in, to text messages, to hitting us up while we are trying to eat a meal out.

perhaps you need to find a better vet.

As already stated, could be as simple as a bacterial or fungal dermatitis, or more complicated, like discoid lupus erythemstosus or similar autoimmune skin condition. The biopsy would definitively diagnosis it. Topical +/- oral antibiotics and antifungals for the former, immunosuppressive doses of steroids for the later.

As already stated, could be as simple as a bacterial or fungal dermatitis, or more complicated, like discoid lupus erythemstosus or similar autoimmune skin condition. The biopsy would definitively diagnosis it. Topical +/- oral antibiotics and antifungals for the former, immunosuppressive doses of steroids for the later.
This is the correct reply. My first thought was lupus (or similar autoimmune disease), but there are several possibilities. Personally, I'd give steroids and antibiotics a couple weeks before recommending a biopsy, but the biopsy will get you an answer more quickly. I think we would be way under 700 though.

My dog had similar looking lesions etc, we were given some steroid stuff and switched all the dogs dishes to stainless steel.

Serious stuff, very common in certain areas, unfortunately I live in one and own dogs. Always on the lookout.
If it is Blasto it needs vet treatment

A couple years ago I noticed that my dog's nose was raw. The vet said that he would heal up but it was going to be a life long thing. The vet asked if my dog digs holes and stashes things in them. Turned out the dog was trying to bury things under the rug. So he'd be pushing his nose along the rug as if he was trying to push dirt back into the hole.
Hopefully your's is similar. Poison ivy or something from digging.

Looks really bad, my dog had similar condition about 3 years ago. Keep us posted!