• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sometimes they come back home....SH AR10 NIB from 2004

medbill

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 10, 2003
www.america4rmarines.org
So my brother drops off a few rifles for me to help him sell, take pics, list etc. Well one was this AR10 I ordered new from GAP on a SH group buy back in day. Life happened and I needed some quick cash and my brother gladly stepped in and took this off my hands before I even had a chance to mount a scope on it. I tought he said years ago that he had sold it so I never asked about. Well needless to say its not for sale now. This will be a great rifle to have out on the ranch in Idaho where there is no shortage of places to do some serious long range shooting.

I've searched for old threads on these but they kind of blend together with GAP's in house AR10. Any of you guys who have one of these old Armalite versions have any recommendations for ammo, mags, scope and rings? Might eventually look into replacing the rear stock so any suggestions on that will be appreciated as well. So psyched to have this beauty back in the stable. Thanks guys, Bill
ar10 sh rifle 41 out of 50.jpg

ar10 sh rifle right side full.jpg

Nice rifle but Im digging the Russian jacket.

Guessing they are still politically uncorrect and actually killed an animal to make the collar. I likey.

Reactions: medbill
Nice rifle but Im digging the Russian jacket.

Guessing they are still politically uncorrect and actually killed an animal to make the collar. I likey.
Thanks but its a Serbian Army parka, excellent jacket, very well thought out and warm! Pretty sure its fake fur, Coleman's surplus has them. Mine came with a liner like you'd find in the m65 jackets.

I’ve got a Luth AR MBA3 on my Valkyrie and my large frame. I absolutely love that stock. It’s literally the most comfortable stock I have ever used. Took a little time to get it where I want it and I ended up adding 3” to the LOP but I’ve got a long neck and long arms. Either way when I don’t shoot one of those guns for a while i forget how nice it is and it always feels like home when I get back on it.

Picked this one up 4-5 years ago from another member here, and forever grateful I did. Group shown first five shot a couple week’s ago-after ‘resting’ in the safe for a year or so. Cold bore on right-last 4 a bit over a 1/2”. Does this with regularity with almost all 155gr from Lapua, Sierra or Hornady over 8208. 2818fps last clocked.
The original hand guard was sold for its current configuration. UBR with Slash Heavy Buffer, original switch block, Geissele NM trigger, Bobro mount for Weaver 3-15 EMDR. Doesn’t get shot as often as it should, but is, as you would expect from an Eric Reid build and a Schneider 11.25 twist barrel, exceptionally reliable and accurate. Shot most often with a 7” Mack Bros suppressor. A keeper, for certain.496F3488-6F06-4EB2-A0E2-F9DDA3C7DA61.jpegE232664E-B78E-413C-85A5-209C765AE7E4.jpeg1CAF81BA-3EE4-4C11-B041-198DE2446758.jpegB697AA68-2581-4BDA-A4F0-6B6760CECB09.jpeg

Stupid question guess ar15 stocks are interchangeable with this Armalite AR10?
Make sure it is for a Large Frame AR... the charging handle on a 308 pulls back further then the AR15... so ones with an adjustable cheekrest can mess with you.

The Gen III PRS is GTG for both... the early Gen II PRS ( linked ) is caliber specific.... because of the added pull length of the .308 AR charging handle.

As for other rifle stocks ( I'd double check about cheekrests ) you are GTG.

Carbine stocks require a carbine RE ( buffer tube ) and even then, because of the 308 BCG extending further into the buffer tube , require specific buffer lengths between the 2 dominate "patterns"

Carbine buffers should be as heavy as you can get.... 5.4oz 'ish +
DPMS pattern... uses AR15 length carbine buffer tubes w/ a 308 2.5" carbine buffer.
Armalite pattern ... uses a Vltor A5 / Armalite length buffer tube ( slightly longer 3/4" I think ) and that longer length allows the use of conventional 3.25" AR15 carbine buffers.

Recoil Springs... I use the Tubbs .308 Flatwire in all the above mentioned systems. The OEM Armalite recoil spring is also very well respected.

Are you considering replacing the A2 ?

And you gotta tell us how it shoots... I desire a GA Large Frame very much.

Last edited:
Make sure it is for a Large Frame AR... the charging handle on a 308 pulls back further then the AR15... so ones with an adjustable cheekrest can mess with you.

The Gen III PRS is GTG for both... the early Gen II PRS ( linked ) is caliber specific.

As for other rifle stocks ( without cheekrests ) you are GTG.

Carbine stocks require a carbine RE ( buffer tube ) and even then, because of the 308 BCG extending further into the buffer tube , require specific buffer lengths between the 2 dominate "patterns"

Carbine buffers should be as heavy as you can get.... 5.4oz 'ish +
DPMS pattern... uses AR15 length carbine buffer tubes w/ a 308 2.5" carbine buffer.
Armalite pattern ... uses a Vltor A5 / Armalite length buffer tube ( slightly longer 3/4" I think ) and that longer length allows the use of conventional 3.25" AR15 carbine buffers.

Recoil Springs... I use the Tubbs .308 Flatwire in all the above mentioned systems. The OEM Armalite recoil spring is also very well respected.

Are you considering replacing the A2 ?

And you gotta tell us how it shoots... I desire a GA Large Frame very much.
Thanks and will do. I'll get some glass on it and some rounds downrange before changing anything.

IMHO.... this linked scope has a lot going for it... at a bargain price.

Center of the crosshair is left open so you can see your POA. I REALLY like that.

Useful Christmas Tree reticle

Fully Illuminated... not just some of the reticle

Front Focal Plane

And about $450 bucks less then what I paid back in the day.... I have numerous of them, none have let me down.

https://www.eurooptic.com/vortex-vi...pe-with-ebr-2c-reticle-moa-pst-43127-new.aspx

Other Vortex scopes on clearance...

https://www.eurooptic.com/Vortex-Viper-PST-Closeouts.aspx?homepage_link