• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Somewhat Long Range N of Phoenix

Tucsondave

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
I was invited by JTG to shoot with him at a site N.of Phoenix. I left at 4:30 this morning in order to meet up with him by 7:45. Got there and he had steel set up at 553,995,1460.1553 and 1760 yards. From Big plates to IPSC sized targets. My first shot and hit was coldbore at 995. Set the tone for the day. Multiple hits at every distance. Shooting the DTA w/AWC Suppressor in .338 is what this rifle was made for. Also shot the PGW Coyote in .308 out to 995 using 168 FGMM and SW Ammo's 175 Rems. Again,multiple hits. SW Ammo's (.338 Jamison Solids) were very accurate as well. I want to thank John for allowing me access to his site and being a great guy. Looking forward to many more sessions out there. BTW,burger and pie were off the hook. We have some video and audio of 2 shots and hits(with pings) that have a flight time of over 7 seconds. John will post it up. Its awesome.The only target not showing in the pics was at 553.

Re: Somewhat Long Range N of Phoenix

I have been looking for a spot like that , I am in Avondale, any chance you can pm the directions?

"Somewhat" long range, I hate you westerners! Just need another 9mo and Im on my way out there!

TD you didn't mention shooting the disc at 1950 yards from the upper plateau, you where on fire today, nice shooting, great fun. Sound track is perfect.

I'm envious Dave, looks like you had an awesome day. Thanks for sharing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LegioX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm envious Dave, looks like you had an awesome day. Thanks for sharing. </div></div>

For your next trip down.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">John never invites me, what am I....chopped liver? </div></div>

the fist step is understanding the problem..... lol

Awesome shooting Dave. I will have to see if I can find this place.

Also, just to clarify, the Solids are actually made by Dynamic Research LLC http://www.dynamicresearchllc.com/ , and the brass is from Jamison.

Wish we had a range like that around here.Look's like a great day of shooting.

Nice! I am gonna link up w/ JTG as well and share my spot as well, we have ranged out to 2500 and my shooting partner sent me a video this week of 3000 yds!