• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Son's 1st Yote

OdellJym

Private
Minuteman
Jan 30, 2012
Texas
100MEDIA_IMAG0092.jpg

What can I say? I'm a proud daddy. The picture makes it look bigger than it really was, Lane sat back, so that it wouldn't block his 270. Now that he has the fever, does anyone have a 243 that they'd like to get rid of? The 270 made a bit of a mess...

Re: Son's 1st Yote

Thanks, skinney, he caught the bug watching O Neil ops...PH suppressed. Can't wait for the sequel in bluray.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OdellJym</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks, skinney, he caught the bug watching O Neil ops...PH suppressed. Can't wait for the sequel in bluray.
</div></div>
LOL... no kiddin??? That's awesome... let me know when his B-Day is, and I'll get him a great discount on a suppressor, that way you can play with it until he turns of age
wink.gif

Nice, you can never make a big enough mess of a dog.

Congrats! I know you are proud of him.

I'd go to Academy or Dick's Sporting Goods and pick up one of the base Remington 700 ADLs in .243.

Or the TC Venture is an option that isn't too much.

Other than that - find a good used model 600 mowhawk which will be the best there is!

That is a proud moment for both father and son. Would love to hear the story behind the hunt, e-caller or handcalls, daytime or night, and the likes.

The .270 is a great gun for whacking yotes if you don't mind the recoil and are not worried about being fur friendly. I prefer the .243 myself as it typically anchors a yote well and still remains fairly fur friendly with a properly placed shot.

When you do get him a .243 try the .75g Sierra Blitzking. If you don't reload HSM has ammo using the SBK.

Congrats to your son and tell him to keep with it.

Ahhh. I remember my first called up Va coyote.
You might try a .223 loaded with 50-55 grain pills.
Works awful good from 400 in.