• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Son's first Oryx

Tomg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2011
Santa Fe, NM
Here are a couple of photos of my sons oryx, we got this yesterday in southern New Mexico off the White Sands Missile Range he used a custom 264 win and 140 gr Berger VLD's It was like that thing had a bulls eye on the side he hit it twice off hand into a two inch group.

The horns measured 37 inch and 36.5 on the other side.

20130217_085325_zps40f0bf2e.jpg

20130217_084923_zpsa3adb8f1.jpg

Re: Son's first Oryx

Nicely done. Been trying to draw an on-range tag for about 8 years now and hopefully next year will be the one. Which hunt was it?

great job. I was doing a range survery on north side of bliss recently and seen tracks everywhere. glad to see what made them. and the jackrabbits you guys have out there are monsters.

Thats Awesome! Congrats to your son on some fine offhand shooting. Thats one of my favorite animals to hunt they are beautiful animals. Looks like a female looking at the horns? Either way great job to the both of you.

And they are very great tasting as well.

Aloha

Good eating aren't they!

Try taking the tenderloins, , butterfly lengthwise ( about 4 cuts ), marinate in olive oil and garlic, a little salt for an afternoon.

White hot fire ( coals not flame ), sear and cook medium rare, slice across grain. SOOOOO Good!

Last trip to Africa - got so hooked on that - " Kobus ( my PH ), do we have any more gemsbok left?

"No, Mikee, ate it all last night" - "Oh wait there's one shoot him!" Bang, flop, filet, call skinning crew.

It got so bad we started carrying the fixin's with us in the truck.......