• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Sons of Anarchy?

Atticum

Private
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2009
Nashville, TN
First two seasons are on Netflix streaming.

I'm on the fence. Sometimes I think I love it and other times the show feels like a biker club soap opera.

Either way I watched the first two seasons in two afternoons. Totally consumed me.

Re: Sons of Anarchy?

I compare it to The Shield, another show that also was on FX. They both started out kicking mountains of ass and then just ran out of a good story or plot to tell. I was done with both after two seasons.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Atticum</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First two seasons are on Netflix streaming.

I'm on the fence. Sometimes I think I love it and other times the show feels like a biker club soap opera.

Either way I watched the first two seasons in two afternoons. Totally consumed me. </div></div>I am still enjoying it, I will give it one more season. I also liked the first season of Terriers and have watched all of Justified. If you haven't watched it, Justified is pretty good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ut755ln</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am still enjoying it, I will give it one more season. I also liked the first season of Terriers and have watched all of Justified. If you haven't watched it, Justified is pretty good. </div></div>

Yeah, I did enjoy it. I hope Netflix has the next season streaming before I forget about it.

Justified seems pretty popular. I'll have to cehck it out.

S of A is watchable but there aint a whole lot of choices unfortunately .

I have heard that S of A was only scheduled to run 2 seasons but the producers realized how popular it was and thats why it is taking so long to come out with new seasons. Sometimes I think that is seems like a masculine version of desperate housewives.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: badseed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have heard that S of A was only scheduled to run 2 seasons but the producers realized how popular it was and thats why it is taking so long to come out with new seasons. Sometimes I think that is seems like a masculine version of desperate housewives. </div></div>

exactly. It really bothers me sometimes but hasn't stopped me yet. Waiting for season 3..

???? Ya'll might want to get different tv or something. Season 3 has come and gone.

And you wouldn't believe the season ender, for sure.

I am still enjoying the show, the writers are doing a good job keeping the characters and story line fresh.

Season 3 was great. If you want it early, you could always get the torrent. It's out there... I know.

S of A, Justified and Mad Men. After those 3, the rest is just a waste of time and not worth watching. I actually still think all 3 of these are still going pretty strong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: head2h2o</div><div class="ubbcode-body">S of A, Justified and Mad Men. After those 3, the rest is just a waste of time and not worth watching. I actually still think all 3 of these are still going pretty strong. </div></div>
If you haven't seen <span style="font-style: italic">Breaking Bad</span>, I'd recommend you check it out. To see the hapless and bungling Hal from "Malcolm in the Middle" transformed so believably into an arch criminal is a thing of beauty.

I will have to check it out. I have never actually sat down and watched an episode of it, but from the previews, I can see where it might fit may taste. Thanks for the heads up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: head2h2o</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will have to check it out. I have never actually sat down and watched an episode of it, but from the previews, I can see where it might fit may taste. Thanks for the heads up. </div></div>
To get the full effect, you have to start with the first season. Otherwise, you'll miss how brilliantly they stage it so this normal guy experiencing Job's bad luck takes a string of perfectly rational decisions in the best interests of his family that serve to transform him from a mild-mannered family man and high school chemistry teacher into a ...well, I wouldn't want to spoil it for you.
wink.gif

Suffice to say it has the same gritty realism as SoA and Justified, character development is very deep and the plot has more twists than a Bavarian pretzel.

You do realize that Sons of Anarchy is Shakespeare's Hamlet... set in a biker gang? Really. The whole thing is based on Hamlet.

Me... I got little use for druggie, gun dealing, organized crime outlaw bikers. Watched Season 1. Ok. But never really got into it.

Now Dexter and Justified... there's entertainment ;-)

Cheers,

Sirhr

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sirhrmechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You do realize that Sons of Anarchy is Shakespeare's Hamlet... set in a biker gang? Really. The whole thing is based on Hamlet.

Me... I got little use for druggie, gun dealing, organized crime outlaw bikers. Watched Season 1. Ok. But never really got into it.

Now Dexter and Justified... there's entertainment ;-)

Cheers,

Sirhr

</div></div>

and avatar was just dances with wolves in space

Avatar WAS Dances with Wolves in Space...

Cameron intentionally used themes/scenes from some of the greatest movies ever to show the capabilities of his CGI. There were scenes copied in some detail from everything from Apocalypse Now to The Emerald Forest to The Searchers and his own Titanic... all designed to showcase the new CGI art and provide an ability to compare celluloid to CGI.

So you are right on!

Cheers,

Sirhr

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sirhrmechanic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You do realize that Sons of Anarchy is Shakespeare's Hamlet... set in a biker gang? Really. The whole thing is based on Hamlet.... </div></div>
You do realize Shakespeare/Bacon/Marlowe [pick one] plagiarized Hamlet from the works of Saxo Grammaticus? Really.

As TS Eliot said: Good writers borrow... Great writers steal!

He probably stole that.

No doubt you are right. And the Bacon/Marlowists make a great case. But I bet more people have heard of Shakespeare/Hamlet than Saxo Grammaticus/Gesta Danorum. ;-)

Cheers,

Sirhr

There is nothing new, just twisted slightly so as not to directly copy.

Sons of Anarchy is derived from Hamlet. Maybe I should go back and read Hamlet again.