• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sopmod with batte line ind. Sapper vs PRS

sjbryan308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 8, 2010
Oxford, NC
I am going to pick up a 20" medium varmint noveske upper and want to use the aadmount to mount my scope with which I believe is 1.45" center line height. My question is would you go with the magpul. PRS or a sopmod possibly with the Sapper on it?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Re: Sopmod with batte line ind. Sapper vs PRS

PRS gives you lots of adjustment but is on the heavy side. SAPR looks nice but I have no experience with it.

Re: Sopmod with batte line ind. Sapper vs PRS

Apples and Oranges comparison.

If you want/need a collapsible stock for whatever reason, then the SAPR/SOPMOD combo will work well and get you the addt'l comb height needed for your optic setup.

If you want/need a fixed stock with some room for an inch of LOP adjustment (from roughly 13.25-14.25") and the cheek riser to get the comb up some, then the PRS is a good option.

Both are excellent products, very well-made and will serve you well (and both have their ups and downs)...but only you can decide which is "better" for your particular needs/uses/etc.