• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sordin Supreme pro hear2 feedback

Flyingbullseye

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 24, 2010
    Michigan
    Anyone use or tried the sordin supreme with the newer hear2 audio? I've been looking at picking up a pair however can't find much in the way of the sound quality. Very few reviews and most say little to nothing of value. I've used the previous generation sordins and while they have a pretty good sound they tend to have a higher treble sound over a more natural sound, at least to my ears.

Curious if anyone has used the newer headsets and how they compare sound wise to the previous generation as well as their direct competitor the Liberator 2.0

Never tried them, but 19 NRR is pathetic and I'd never use them without plugs too. But I'm paranoid about keeping the hearing I have left.

Reactions: MO Fugga
    Spend a few mins researching how to get them serviced if they break, and you may consider purchasing from another supplier.

Hint - you mail them to Sweden.

Last edited:
    I bought a pair of Sordin's last summer. The SFA models have gel pads and enhanced noise reduction to 32db rather than 19db. They are pricey to be sure but are incredibly comfortable to wear. Sound quality is far superior to the Howard Leights I used to wear and the electronics react instantaneously. Changing the batteries is a pia but that doesn't need doing very often. They are expensive but I am very satisfied.

Last edited:
    I've had the ones linked below since November. I also have an older pair of Sordin. The new gel cups are an improvement over the other gel cups.

Haven't messed with the different profiles much, but they are very comfortable. I spend 2-3 days a week at range as well as frequent 2-3 day classes. Haven't had any discomfort yet.

Reactions: Milf Dots
    What model sordins is everyone running?

Curious myself and if they are running the hear2 how they compare to the older versions, which is why I started the thread. As previously stated I have had the previous gen sordin, currently have a set of swatcoms and just picked up a set of the Liberator 2.0. Those I'll probably send back, nothing special or in any way better than the previous gen sordin.

I still love my older Sordins, my only complaint is the speakers are not loud enough when wearing ear plugs under the muffs. My set is on its way back from SRS tactical getting the battery box replaced. Excellent C.S. And fast.

Supreme Pro-X for a long time.
    Used for hunting and target and auto races.
    Switched to plugs and passive Sordins for shooting.
    Will order the new Hear2 with BlueTooth in the fall when available!
    No problems.
    Want maximum DB reduction.
    -Richard

SRS Tactical also sells SWATCOM Active8 which looks identical to the Sordin Supreme PROX. They must have some connection. The Active8 is better than my older Sordin Supreme PROX in terms of voice clarity and noise abatement iMHO. They also have better waterproofing and a more robust battery compartment. They use the same Gel cups.

My original Sordins are now a spare.

That said, I am looking forward to seeing the new Sordins slated to be released later this year