• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

sorting brass, different lot numbers?

300sniper

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 17, 2005
Greenwood, Ca
i don't usually put much time into my loading but i have the time now so i'm weight sorting brass. now my question is, if sorted by weight, does it matter if some brass is from one lot and other brass is from a different lot, possible manufactured years apart? if i'm going to go through several hundred pieces of brass, i want to make sure i do it right.

thanks.

Re: sorting brass, different lot numbers?

I quit weight sorting brass a LONG time ago, as long as they are from the same manufacturer, then I'm GTG.....

law of Diminishing Returns:

n. The tendency for a continuing application of effort or skill toward a particular project or goal to decline in effectiveness after a certain level of result has been achieved.

i find it hard to believe that a 10 grain spread in brass weight wouldn't affect velocity just a bit.

the brass from the same lot is within a few grains for the most part with the majority within two grains. there are a few pieces that are pretty far out from the rest though. when i weighed several lots of brass, i had a 10 grain spread from lightest to heaviest. i think it's safe to say that i don't want to fire the lightest piece right after the heaviest piece when shooting for score at 1k yards.

Why ask the question, if you already have the answer you want.

Sort away..........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why ask the question, if you already have the answer you want.

Sort away.......... </div></div>

i don't have the answer to my question which is: is it ok to mix lots of brass if the weight matches up? before i mix them, i want to make sure there isn't something i'm over looking.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why ask the question, if you already have the answer you want.

Sort away.......... </div></div>

i don't have the answer to my question which is: is it ok to mix lots of brass if the weight matches up? before i mix them, i want to make sure there isn't something i'm over looking. </div></div>

you are fine mixing lots.

when you are weight sorting, just make sure the brass was prepped all the same. same length etc...

It would seem that capacity would be more critical than weight.

If you're looking for the absolute best accuracy at ELR (beyond what most people are concerned with), mixing lots of brass is a bad idea. You can't necessarily assume that because the brass is the same weight, the internal dimensions are the same. If the internal dimensions are different, you'll get slightly different powder density which will result in different pressure curves, resulting in velocity variation and higher standard deviation.

As an experiment, measure the case mouth OD and ID of 20-30 pieces of brass and compare with 20-30 pieces from a different lot and see what you get...depending on what brass you're using, you may be surprised.

I have no hard proof one way or the other but I don't mix lots in my 'best' brass. I have plenty of 'good' brass that is from mixed lots, but rightly or wrongly I don't consider it as reliable as the best stuff.

any more opinions on this? i wish i had all the same lot but i don't.

I agree with Tripwire, as is the case many times. I figured that being the case, and your dislike of his answer, I would keep my opinion to myself. I am a bit more rabid in my critique of the whole brass weighing excercise. There are two camps, those that believe in it and those that don't. Unless you need to set a world record you are wasting your time weighing brass. If you need to set a world record and are weighing your brass without checking the <span style="text-decoration: underline">actual</span> water capacity you are still just wasting your time.

it's not that i didn't like tripwire's answer, it's just that his answer had nothing to do with my question. without knowing who he is or what his winning status is for 1k yard matches, just saying that he doesn't believe in weighing brass isn't helpful to what i was asking. if you don't believe in weight sorting brass that's fine but you probably aren't the person i'm looking for to answer the question.

I don't weigh my brass. I mostly shoot my 6.5 Creedmoor in matches and shoot factory ammo. When I shoot that ammo the brass goes into the same bag no matter what the lot number. Gets tumbled and prepped.

I agree with Armor and Tripwire. You are going to shoot better spending that time practicing than weighing brass. As long as it's the same brand I wouldn't worry about it.

I won't run mixed brass on anything other than a gas gun where targets are inside of 300 yards.(No hot loads or high pressures)
My bolt guns get same lot, weight sorted, and all prepped exactly the same.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't weigh my brass. I mostly shoot my 6.5 Creedmoor in matches and shoot factory ammo. When I shoot that ammo the brass goes into the same bag no matter what the lot number. Gets tumbled and prepped.

I agree with Armor and Tripwire. You are going to shoot better spending that time practicing than weighing brass. As long as it's the same brand I wouldn't worry about it. </div></div>

i've already done the straight out of the bag brass and won my share of matches and top long range shooter of the year with our local club using it. it's time to start a new batch of brass. right now i have time to sort the brass. what i don't have is extra money these days to go buy a bunch of brass from the same lots. i have to deal with what i have on hand, which is 300 pieces from several lots. <span style="font-style: italic">that</span> is why i am wondering if i weight sort the cases, is ok to use them from several different lots.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it's not that i didn't like tripwire's answer, it's just that his answer had nothing to do with my question. without knowing who he is or what his winning status is for 1k yard matches, just saying that he doesn't believe in weighing brass isn't helpful to what i was asking. if you don't believe in weight sorting brass that's fine but you probably aren't the person i'm looking for to answer the question.
</div></div>

Your initial post made no mention of shooting at 1K, or 1K matches, or shooting for score at 1K, so we are supposed to, what, assume that?

In fact, it sounded kind newb actually. I don't know you, so you got what you got.........

I really don't care if you liked my answer or not, but if you ask a question about sorting brass you'll likely receive an answer just like mine from someone. My current bottom line judgement of "matters or not" at 1Kish distance is making a clean kill...and I'm not hunting field mice, so take my advice/opinion for exactly what it's worth.

In my opinion, developing a load precisely by the OCW principles and addressing barrel harmonics negates any variance induced by the lesser evil of slight variations in case capacity, for my shooting. IOW, any variation of case capacity that <span style="font-style: italic">might</span> cause an unwanted dispersion from POA is too small in comparison to the inherent tolerance built into precisely addressing the barrel harmonics via OCW.

If it did matter how could it be possible to take three different makes of brass (read three different case capacities) and produce veeeery close to the same results as done with the same make brass. That's something Dan Newberry claimed was possible, and I proved it out for myself when I first looked into OCW a decade ago. I don't have the patience to take this any further into detail tonight, and it's probably not neccessary anyway, but the short answer for the type of shooting I do, is that case sorting doesn't matter to me.

I know it's not winning a 1K match but my latest build will do 1/4 MOA at 500 yards with the 190 SMK, and I've posted a pic several times here of an example of that, and the load is with unsorted WW brass. Have scattered that load all over the center of my 18" steel circle at 1050 yards enough to know it shoots stupid good at 1K too. Same rifle, same load, netted me a cold bore kill at 602 yards this past deer season. Despite taking a high probability quartering away near-side-lung/off-side-shoulder shot, POI was exactly at the POA. Not bragging at all but it supports my position.

Does all this mean I ignore the subject of your question? No, I don't ignore it on purpose, and I do give it a slight amount of thought when I purchase enough brass in the same lot number to cover me for a while; and "old" brass is about shot out and sent to the scrap yard before the issue even comes up.

So no, I don't worry about sorting, that's my answer and I'm sticking to it.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i don't usually put much time into my loading but i have the time now so i'm weight sorting brass. now my question is, if sorted by weight, does it matter if some brass is from one lot and other brass is from a different lot, possible manufactured years apart? if i'm going to go through several hundred pieces of brass, i want to make sure i do it right.

thanks. </div></div>

OK I understand. You want me to support your position. Ok let me try.

You have time to waste so sure, weigh your brass if it makes you feel good. If a piece of brass from lot# 4321 weighs the same as a piece from lot# 4356 then it must be the same. This is all predicated on the assumption that you size any dented necks and trim ALL lots to a specific length and debur, uniform pockets etc ad nauseum. It is also predicated on the assumption that the weight of a piece of brass directly correlates to its internal capacity, which has been proven to be very suspect if not completely false.
Do what makes you happy. Let me quote the great Crash Davis yet again:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you believe you're playing well because you're getting laid, or because you're not getting laid, or because you wear women's underwear, then you *are*! And you should know that!
</div></div>
This applies to shooting as well as baseball.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
OK I understand. You want me to support your position. Ok let me try.
</div></div>

i am not sure how i want you to support my position since i don't have a position. if i had a position, i wouldn't have asked the question. sure, it would make me all warm and fuzzy inside using brass all from the same lot. that's not what i have and that's why i am asking the question.

maybe a few of you are misunderstanding the question. i'm not asking if i should or should not weight sort brass. i'm asking if brass weighing the same but coming from different lots is ok to use together.

i guess i should have qualified the question with:
i fully plan to have top finishes at our local long range matches this year. those matches are from 200 to 1000 yards. the targets are scored by score ring/point value, not hit or miss on steel targets. my shooting abilities have been proven. i got this new brass at different times over the last couple years when it was hard to get so they are from different lots possibly manufactured years apart. i can't afford to toss it aside and start from different brass just to get all the same lot <span style="font-style: italic">if</span> it's not needed/beneficial. <span style="font-style: italic">if</span> someone can show that it does make a difference, well then i guess i have to do what i have to do. if someone can prove that i'll never notice the difference, then all the better and i can start throwing powder.

Holy shit snacks are you reading anything anyone is writing in this thread? Hell I tried but you seem determined to keep asking till you get the answer you want.
I hate to break it to you but noone can answer that question you are asking except you. Listen close cause I am about done with you. Find 2 cases that weigh the same from the two differnt lots. Now prep them. Now fire them in your rifle. Now leave the primer in and weigh each case. Now fill each case with water and weigh again being careful to keep the meniscus even with the mouth of the case. What did you find out? Are they the same capacity within a grain? .5 grains?
I have some bad news for you. This subject is hotly argued among even benchrest shooters. There is no evidence available that will support a correlation between case weight and volume. Extra weight can be anywhere in or on that case and when you fire them everything changes. Weighing new cases is USE LESS. I have seen instances of people agueing about case weight and when presented with evidence that case weight has no correlation to internal volume the case weigher admits defeat and vows to continue anyway because he doesn't know why it shoots better but he knows it does. In 30 years of handloading I have never seen an instance where I noticed a performance increase from sorting my brass by weight. Most real BR shooters and serious F Class shooters use a chronograph to sort brass....no shit.
Weighing brass is a real flame war on every site with a handloading section. No one agrees on the subject and that is the only thing about the subject that is a proven fact.

You want someone to tell you if the brass is similar if it weighs the same. You go on in the last lines of your latest post to demand proof one way or the other. I have some really bad news for you no one can prove that, if they could the information would be all over the internet. I tell you what has been proven over and over. THERE IS NO CORRELATION IN WEIGHT VARIANCE AND CASE CAPACITY. There is no guaranteee that the internal volume is similar based on weight. But that is not what you asked is it?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> i'm asking if brass weighing the same but coming from different lots is ok to use together.

</div></div>

Now listen close. Have you read and heard what I have had to say?
The factual answer to your question is Yes..........No.......Maybe. My personal opinion is it will probably be just fine. What brass are you using? Lapua? Norma? Nosler? Don't worry about it.
Are you using Remington? Federal? some other domestic brass? And you say you are a serious competitor? If you are shooting Remington you might as well load em and shoot em cause its all shit.
You won't know till you shoot the damn stuff. You mean to tell me you don't have enough of each lot to shoot through a complete match? You have to mix lots at some point?
You got shooter of the year and several top finishes using brass out of the bag last year, and you are posing the impossible question about brass sorting? Your ammo is fine. You can't win every match. The sun doesn't shine up the same dog's ass every day. Sorting brass to the nth degree will not change that.
I have won my share of matches and I have lost my share. Some days I can do no wrong and others I can do no right. The best ammo in the world won't change that either.

I would think checking the internal capacity would be a better measurement than what each piece weighs, but if there is really a difference between batches a chronograph would tell the true story

My club hosts various Police forces who come to train at our ranges - they are kind enough to leave their once fired cases (Lapua) for us. This has been going on for years so when it gets handed out to members there's a mix of old headstamp, new headstamp, crimped primer pockets etc. I sort by headstamp but that's it - most don't bother. Bottom line is the V-bull doesn't seem to know the difference....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Holy shit snacks are you reading anything anyone is writing in this thread? Hell I tried but you seem determined to keep asking till you get the answer you want.
I hate to break it to you but noone can answer that question you are asking except you. Listen close cause I am about done with you. Find 2 cases that weigh the same from the two differnt lots. Now prep them. Now fire them in your rifle. Now leave the primer in and weigh each case. Now fill each case with water and weigh again being careful to keep the meniscus even with the mouth of the case. What did you find out? Are they the same capacity within a grain? .5 grains?
I have some bad news for you. This subject is hotly argued among even benchrest shooters. There is no evidence available that will support a correlation between case weight and volume. Extra weight can be anywhere in or on that case and when you fire them everything changes. Weighing new cases is USE LESS. I have seen instances of people agueing about case weight and when presented with evidence that case weight has no correlation to internal volume the case weigher admits defeat and vows to continue anyway because he doesn't know why it shoots better but he knows it does. In 30 years of handloading I have never seen an instance where I noticed a performance increase from sorting my brass by weight. Most real BR shooters and serious F Class shooters use a chronograph to sort brass....no shit.
Weighing brass is a real flame war on every site with a handloading section. No one agrees on the subject and that is the only thing about the subject that is a proven fact.

You want someone to tell you if the brass is similar if it weighs the same. You go on in the last lines of your latest post to demand proof one way or the other. I have some really bad news for you no one can prove that, if they could the information would be all over the internet. I tell you what has been proven over and over. THERE IS NO CORRELATION IN WEIGHT VARIANCE AND CASE CAPACITY. There is no guaranteee that the internal volume is similar based on weight. But that is not what you asked is it?
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> i'm asking if brass weighing the same but coming from different lots is ok to use together.

</div></div>

Now listen close. Have you read and heard what I have had to say?
The factual answer to your question is Yes..........No.......Maybe. My personal opinion is it will probably be just fine. What brass are you using? Lapua? Norma? Nosler? Don't worry about it.
Are you using Remington? Federal? some other domestic brass? And you say you are a serious competitor? If you are shooting Remington you might as well load em and shoot em cause its all shit.
You won't know till you shoot the damn stuff. You mean to tell me you don't have enough of each lot to shoot through a complete match? You have to mix lots at some point?
You got shooter of the year and several top finishes using brass out of the bag last year, and you are posing the impossible question about brass sorting? Your ammo is fine. You can't win every match. The sun doesn't shine up the same dog's ass every day. Sorting brass to the nth degree will not change that.
I have won my share of matches and I have lost my share. Some days I can do no wrong and others I can do no right. The best ammo in the world won't change that either.
</div></div>

yes, i am reading what people are typing. a simple answer of "i don't bother weight sorting my brass" or even "i wouldn't mix lots" with no qualification as to why or why not, is not answering my question. i'm not one to blindly do something simply because someone else does it that way. i want to know why i am doing it. i suppose asking for proof one way or the other was a bit much. i guess some reasoning to support why it is or is not a good idea to mix lots is what i'm really after.

you have touched on actual case capacity. i am not going to be able to fire all my cases and check actual capacity. it's just not in my budget this year. i am really limited to the components on hand, which is mixed lots of brass. i am not looking for someone to tell me that if brass weighs the same, it is the same capacity. i want to know if brass from one lot to another will most likely have similar capacity if it weighs the same. i was hoping someone maybe had some firsthand experience from checking this sort of thing. maybe it's not worth the effort finding out and i'd be better off buying more brass to get it all from the same lot. i don't know and that is why i am asking the question. the brass i was successfully using in the past was all from the same lot, just not weight sorted. obviously i know i can't win every match and don't expect to. if i drop a point, i want it to be because of me, not my ammo.

I overcharge each fired, resized case with the powder I'll be using and a drop tube. The resulting powder charge weight is then written on the side of the case with a Sharpie. Cases are then segregated by reasonable increments based on resulting charge capacity powder weights.

This is the only method I know of that will deliver a true, direct case powder capacity measurement. IMHO, all other methods are indirect estimates based on conversions.

When you measure cases' powder capacities, measure <span style="font-style: italic">powder</span> capacities. You have to use something; it might as well be the real deal.

I keep my various case lots segregated for their lifespan. That way things like work hardening, neck tension, and primer pocket growth tend to vary similarly over time.

Greg

My answer is a valid answer and cuts RIGHT to the chase...sorry if it didn't suit you.

Here's a novel idea....go ahead and sort some out with the WORST possible spread in case capacity, load 'em, and shoot 'em, just to see for yourself.

You could even be uber scientific (tacti-tific) and try "bad" ones from the same lot vs "bad" ones from different lots.

Then you'll know for sure, positively, with your rifle and load.......

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My answer is a valid answer and cuts RIGHT to the chase...sorry if it didn't suit you.

Here's a novel idea....go ahead and sort some out with the WORST possible spread in case capacity, load 'em, and shoot 'em, just to see for yourself.

You could even be uber scientific (tacti-tific) and try "bad" ones from the same lot vs "bad" ones from different lots.

Then you'll know for sure, positively, with your rifle and load....... </div></div>

your answer didn't suit me since it didn't answer my question. your answer may have been valid to a different question.

experimentation isn't in the budget for me this year. if it were, instead of asking the question here, i would have just found the information out firsthand. that is usually how i prefer to do things. i was hoping someone here maybe has checked the capacity difference between brass lots and either has or has not found there to be a difference.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i was hoping someone here maybe has checked the capacity difference between brass lots and either has or has not found there to be a difference.

</div></div>

Yeah I have, and it doesn't make a difference to me.

In fact, the whole case capacity thing has led me to believe it's not necessary to sort brass because of the way I develope a load....what part of this can't you bring yourself to follow.

Again, sort away if it lets you sleep better tonight.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">experimentation isn't in the budget for me this year.

</div></div>

Gotta love these guys that come here wanting to shoot handloaded ammo with a shit ton of "accuracy", but can't find the time to develope it themselves, or can't finance the operation for some reason. Since winning a match seems to be your primary goal and not just shooting in one; if you can't afford to develope a load or research the specifics for your rifle, then you certainly can't afford to shoot enough practice, so how do you expect to win any matches on your budget plan?

Can't know why I even bother with 'em........

You sound like i did mamy years ago, but more time and effort should be directed at shooting and the skill behind it. A well built gun will usually keep them at less than 1/2 moa. just keep brass from the same lot number.

300 if you feel better spending alot of time sorting and weighing then all the power to you. Have at it.

I have always wondered about sorting brass and its value, even at BR levels. When I have sorted I take all the various boxes (lot number discarded) and sort them at once. I may go thru 500 cases. What do I have when I'm finished? The biggest concern of the piles is those that are way outside the normal range (and they are always few).
I once asked if I should match prep all cases before sorting. The answer was no. Why? It would seem that sorting is for volume and unless all are the same as far as primer pocket and neck thickness you are missing the mark on volume. Sort a few cases, match prep and re-weigh. You may be surprised to see how far out they will be after match prep is complete.
Lastly, most of the brass I have sorted at one point got mixed together with brass of different weights and I saw no fall off in accuracy and no issue with pressure.
Bottom line, I have mixed weights and mixed lots and often mixed number of firings and can't tell the difference.
As to what Rob01 added, I too mix lots of once fired 6.5CM, never sorting it before I reload. That brass can consistently deliver 1/3 MOA accuracy.

So, 300sniper, my opinion is (especially if you're winning without the fuss of sorting) keep doing it the way you always have.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tripwire</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i was hoping someone here maybe has checked the capacity difference between brass lots and either has or has not found there to be a difference.

</div></div>

Yeah I have, and it doesn't make a difference to me.

In fact, the whole case capacity thing has led me to believe it's not necessary to sort brass because of the way I develope a load....what part of this can't you bring yourself to follow.

Again, sort away if it lets you sleep better tonight.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">experimentation isn't in the budget for me this year.

</div></div>

Gotta love these guys that come here wanting to shoot handloaded ammo with a shit ton of "accuracy", but can't find the time to develope it themselves, or can't finance the operation for some reason. Since winning a match seems to be your primary goal and not just shooting in one; if you can't afford to develope a load or research the specifics for your rifle, then you certainly can't afford to shoot enough practice, so how do you expect to win any matches on your budget plan?

Can't know why I even bother with 'em........ </div></div>

first of all, after going back and reading this thread from the start, i do have to apologize for my response to your first response. i either missed, misread or ignored the part where you mentioned "as long as they are from the same manufacturer, then I'm GTG.....". this whole time i was under the impression that you were simply against weight sorting and never answered the different lot issue. sorry for that.

and thank you for mentioning now that you have actually checked the capacity of different lots and noting that it doesn't make a difference. i think that is about as close of an answer to my question that we have gotten so far.

i'm not asking anyone to develop my load or figure out the specifics of my rifle for me. i have a load developed and it has been working just fine. i'm not starting from scratch. i am simply starting a new batch of brass and had a question about mixing lots. i have a proven method now and i don't want to do something that is or could going to cause my score to go down.

as far as my budget limiting me to just practices and matches, you're right. i should just quit. i shouldn't ask questions on something i haven't had to deal with before. if i can't afford to shoot enough to do my own experimentation to find out something that someone else may have already figured out, i should just take my ball and go home. these internet forums certainly aren't for those types of questions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
So, 300sniper, my opinion is (especially if you're winning without the fuss of sorting) keep doing it the way you always have.
</div></div>

that's pretty much the plan. i always had brass from the same lot before. that is what is <span style="font-style: italic">potentially</span> going to change now. and that's what the question is about.

Dude, come on, surely you can take the initiative to take 5 or 10 of your proven brass and load, and 5 or 10 of your new potentially concerning problem, and shoot the damn things for comparison. I ain't trying to be a prick, but all you can expect via the web is a general concensus that may or may not apply to you and your rifle. If this was me, concerned with this, I'd want to see things for myself first hand.

I may be completely wrong and your brass will differ so much that it blow your scores right out of the water, how the hell do I/we know for sure what you have, and how the hell can I/we tell you one way or the other what to do. In my experience, with what I've done, which is all I ever post anyway sans any speculation, case variance just doesn't matter. A better venue would be for you to shoot for a variance or not, then come back and educate <span style="font-style: italic">us</span> on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Find 2 cases that weigh the same from the two differnt lots. Now prep them. Now fire them in your rifle. Now leave the primer in and weigh each case. Now fill each case with water and weigh again being careful to keep the meniscus even with the mouth of the case</div></div>
My words.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> i am not going to be able to fire all my cases and check actual capacity. it's just not in my budget this year.</div></div>
Your words.

At this point this is all I can offer:
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BNsrK6P9QvI"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BNsrK6P9QvI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I can respect not have the money to fund hobbies, so my advice to you at this point is find another, because if you can't afford to fire 30 rounds 10 from your uber matched brass and 10 from the new lot to fire form then those 10 to confirm or deny that there is a difference then this hobby is not for you.