• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

So's who's ready for some college Fball?

Ghogs Nightmare

Wobi Madano
Minuteman
Jun 11, 2006
In the Nightmares of Ghogs
I can't wait for Saturday..first of the season (24th) Florida Vs Miami....both programs with long history should be entertaining! Much better than the pro clowns (yes some are decent but you know what I mean.)
Feel free to keep this going with updates throughout the season.
An of course..... GO BLUE!!!! Hail the Victors!

I see Nebraska is ranked 24th already and they haven't even played a game. How does that work? They weren't even ranked finishing up 2018!

War Eagle!

Can’t wait for kickoff.
War Eagle! Can't imagine starting an 18 year old on the road against Oregon, but maybe we do. I cannot wait until Bo is a Junior if he is a fraction of what his old man was we could have some real fun. On the road at A&M, LSU and UF whew 5-3 might look good.....6-2 would be insane.

Yep schedule is brutal this year and either way we go on quarterback is going to be tough.

I’m pulling for Nix. I think he has the most upside long term, but straight out of high school to playing Oregon away is going to be interesting.

We’ll see soon if he or Gatewood can handle the pressure. I think they will both play 1st game.

If it's Gatewood I'm nervous too.....not that you have to be a rockiT webber to run Gus's offense, but he has looked like he was asleep every time I've watched him. Such a physical beast hope he has come along since spring I think he has more physical gifts than Bo, but Nix's football IQ as an 18 year old is freaky.

I see Nebraska is ranked 24th already and they haven't even played a game. How does that work? They weren't even ranked finishing up 2018!
They are picked to win the BIG 10 west division. If I’m not wrong they had the number 15 recruiting class in the nation as well. A big plus to their season is they will play the biggest three games of the season at home field. Ohio, Wisconsin and Iowa.

well I will give the young adults far more credit than the pro's they do not get payed multi million dollar saleries , they play a good game , and no protest during 1/2 time nor crying , no knees just football .

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
well I will give the young adults far more credit than the pro's they do not get payed multi million dollar saleries , they play a good game , and no protest during 1/2 time nor crying , no knees just football .
I love CFB way more.....I'm not one to sit inside to watch a game live unless it's Auburn and every weekend there are amazing games....DVR....watch the other games on Sunday now. NFL can tug my nuts until I get a blanket apology from the asshat protestors which will never happen so they are still dead to me.

1566499691258.png

Not looking forward to that game I don't think we have won at your place since the 1800's.....I'm still having issues getting over the 5 missed FG 15 years ago. What the balls my email alerts are going off like a Johnny Manziel CFL interception party htey musta fixed it.

Curious to see if my Tigers and lord Trevor can repeat. O should be fine, D will take a step back. Even Clemson has a hard time replacing 4 NFL players on the D line. I'd put my money on bama to take this year. Then we can win it again next year, lol.

Curious to see if my Tigers and lord Trevor can repeat. O should be fine, D will take a step back. Even Clemson has a hard time replacing 4 NFL players on the D line. I'd put my money on bama to take this year. Then we can win it again next year, lol.
I actually feel like Clemson has a great chance at repeating. Sure you lost pro talent, but Clemson is a clearing house of talent and talent development....Dabo has built a machine every bit as good as Saban's. Cake walk regular season Clemson is only ACC team in top 20 and one potential tough game to get the kids ready for playoffs(Texas A&M). Don't use up starters all season and they enter the playoffs fresher....that will help a ton with breaking in new talent allowing Clemson to experiment vs playing 4Q full tilt every week. Huge advantage with new starters. Dabo is a stud

Last edited:
I think Clemson has a good chance its just how hungry are they to repeat and can they stay focused on the prize. The D will be OK, they have some depth. The O should light it up all season.

Bama. hard to say to what is going to happen with them. Like most years, they have an easy schedule with 4 W already. They always have the extra week to prepare for LSU. They SEC rotation means no FL or UGA but on the road at Auburn. I don't think they survive SEC championship this year against FL.

But that is why they plan the game.

So my alma mater is USC (So. Cal). My daughter just spent her first week having enrolled at U of Nevada Reno. Wife went up to visit yesterday. While on campus, for family day UNR football tix are $15. Wife sends message, "They're playing USC!" This makes no sense to me. They aren't in the same conference (or same league if you know what I mean) and it isn't the first game of the year when the big schools usually play deadbeats.

Wife brings home tix... I tell her, "USC isn't playing UNR, no way". She says yeah they are, look at the logo, it's the Trojans!

The logo is for the San Jose State Spartans...

Sigh.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 45.308
Wow Miami hung in there I didn't see that coming! Ugly sloppy ball, but not uncommon after being off so long. That INT by Franks last possession.....ugh....maybe run the ball?

Did you see them pan camera to Spurrier and the face he made.

Priceless!

Typical gator O, not impressed on how Mullen is coaching. He is supposed to a QB coach. Didnt see much revision of their game plan. Gators looked very soft on D. Its the first game but back end D never whole game stepped up until last 4 mins then very undisciplined. D line controlled the game and flexed when needed. I predicted FL to pound on both sides. 4 mins left with a lead, canes 1 TO, and you toss the ball into the flats when you have speed in the backfield with 1 and 2 backs. OK I am not a D1 coach but have coached locally. Gators did a lot to give away the game but D line.

Canes looked better coached and prepped. They played a little soft on D early but coached up as the game played. Dangerous weapons on O. I like TEs. O line is weak and gave up 10 sacks. QB played OK but it was obvious he was not prepared for the speed on the game.

Once again, the zebras ruined the game for me. I understand the speed and complexity of D1 football but again, you are D1 refs so get it right.

I can't wait for Saturday..first of the season (24th) Florida Vs Miami....both programs with long history should be entertaining! Much better than the pro clowns (yes some are decent but you know what I mean.)
Feel free to keep this going with updates throughout the season.
An of course..... GO BLUE!!!! Hail the Victors!
I'm jacked for Oregon/Auburn hoping for high quality game not a penalty fumble exhibition. I fear Herbert is gonna throw for 500....picked my more than a few to go as the #1 pick over Tua he's gonna be a handfull and our D is gonna get the test of their life. Hope Bo Nix doesn't get so beat up mentally he loses confidence.....can't believe we are starting a 19 year old true freshman on the road in 1st game against a team like Oregon.....trust! Anyway the season is officially on this weekend as I wouldn't call that snowball fight b/t UF and Miami 'football'.

Here we go....Warrrrrrrrr Eagle!

I'm jacked for Oregon/Auburn hoping for high quality game not a penalty fumble exhibition. I fear Herbert is gonna throw for 500....picked my more than a few to go as the #1 pick over Tua he's gonna be a handfull and our D is gonna get the test of their life. Hope Bo Nix doesn't get so beat up mentally he loses confidence.....can't believe we are starting a 19 year old true freshman on the road in 1st game against a team like Oregon.....trust! Anyway the season is officially on this weekend as I wouldn't call that snowball fight b/t UF and Miami 'football'.

Here we go....Warrrrrrrrr Eagle!

Poor Oregon fans @1J04 ... ? is cooked.

Poor Oregon fans @1J04 ... ? is cooked.
First games of the year are typically sloppy and I don't know what to expect. If I were a betting man I'd put it on Oregon though. Auburn has 2 great D-line pros, but the rest of the D especially secondary is ripe underclassmen who have no idea how to turn around and look for the ball they get tons of flags thrown. Herbert will eat them alive I'm afraid with tons of pass interference. Offensively our RB's are young and inexperienced and our only WR of note is on the sidelines with a broken hand post surgery.

War Eagle.....think we will need 4TD's at least to keep up with Oregon.

War Eagle, indeed! And we got another Bo!

War Eagle, indeed! And we got another Bo!
Was fun to see a glimpse of what Gus's zone read could be with Bo in the 2nd half. Gotta give it to that kid he played like a lot of true freshman in the first half many would have folded mentally. Patrick was just like that.....could get hammered for 3 quarters and would still keep his head engaged never out of it....birds of a feather. I wasn't sure how fast he'd look against D1 talent, but he has all the legs necessary to keep those LB's honest which should help free up the passing game a bit more. He's gotta learn how to not tuck and run as an instinct and you saw that develop in the 2nd half.......fun!

To think we still have to play #2, 3, 6, 8 an 12.....oh man let's just get bowl eligible and keep this kid healthy and look for a run in the following years. Our RB's are still lost....whiffed blocks are inexcusable that's what gets QB's killed.

Eagles eat duck, great opening day. Big T done messed up again! The noles lost to the blue boys an of course there were many more entertaining endings.
Well I do love this time of year an we'll see what next Sat brings.

GO BLUE

What the hell did Tulane sprinkle on their Wheaties?

What the hell did Tulane sprinkle on their Wheaties?
Tulane can play remember their QB transferred out of LSU....Burroughs beat him for job. Both of those WR's will play on Sundays too. Flip side is Auburn isn't really that good either same problems as last few years on O-line. Whitlow with 3 fumbles yikes. Moving forward tough since we are down 3 WR's broken hand, likely broken collar bone and concussion just not enough depth. Once Williams went out you could see Tulane bringing 8 guys every down zero respect for the pass and rightly so. Oh well we got the win gonna be a brutal conference season still have to play #2, 3, 6, 11 and 12 sigh love my Tigers just wanna get bowl eligible and keep Nix upright he was running for his life from the 1st snap the RB's are whiffing blocks every series still will be ugly when a top flight defense lines up!

Hope everyone had fun watching their teams.

Will Taggart be HC in Tally after season? That was unreal another come from ahead late fold 21 pt lead gone like a fart in the wind.

Yeah, the injuries hurt almost as much as the brick-hands ball carrying. Gatewood was pretty impressive and looks like he can take more wear and tear than Nix. There's something missing from Nix that I just can't quite put my finger on, other than his out-of-pocket performance.

Yeah, the injuries hurt almost as much as the brick-hands ball carrying. Gatewood was pretty impressive and looks like he can take more wear and tear than Nix. There's something missing from Nix that I just can't quite put my finger on, other than his out-of-pocket performance.
Bo is definitely not sharp he missed 2 wide open passes that would have been walk in TD's. A 19 year old I gotta believe he will keep learning. One of my college buddies bros played LB there in the 80's who is still in the know with people inside the coaching circes said the competition with Gatewood was settled early in the spring Nix was miles ahead Gus just didn't want to announce to Oregon who to prepare for months out. Hope he matures into his old man's shoes they are big ones to fill! You are right though Gatewood might be the answer if our WR's are gone and we have to go run heavy....Nix isn't suited to that kind of beating, but Gatewood is a nice blend of Cam's power and Nick Marshall's agility.....6'5" 235.....can take a hit and not get destroyed. His passing is atrocious, but maybe he can run the throwing game open a bit.

Last edited:
I think Clemson has a good chance its just how hungry are they to repeat and can they stay focused on the prize. The D will be OK, they have some depth. The O should light it up all season.

Bama. hard to say to what is going to happen with them. Like most years, they have an easy schedule with 4 W already. They always have the extra week to prepare for LSU. They SEC rotation means no FL or UGA but on the road at Auburn. I don't think they survive SEC championship this year against FL.

But that is why they plan the game.

LSU looked real good last night against Texas. I think they have a real shot at taking down Alabama in the SEC west.

And of course....... Guns Up, Wreck' em

LSU looked real good last night against Texas. I think they have a real shot at taking down Alabama in the SEC west.

I thought the same thing.....who would have thought LSU rediscovered the forward pass! Ensminger looks like he is way ahead of schedule on revamping that tired old offense I mean dang. Was holding judgement until I saw them play a real defense. Bammers be on guard for that game even though in Tusc.

Last edited:
I agree, LSU O looks scary good. At will, they stepped on the gas big chunks and in the paint. Ground game was anemic. Don't think TX is DB U as they got torched at will by LSU.

LSU D line not so impressed. Back end D was still impressive for DB U, they were attacked all game. Have to be able to shut down running QBs though. 2nd and 27 and let QB run for 20+ yards! With the O that efficient, the D is going to be on the field lots. 8 plays inside the 10, Tx 0 points but I agree with Texas coach, LSU D tends to get gassed during long drives and end of games, I sort of said the same thing for years.

I still don't see them beating bama but Geaux Tigers!

I thought the same thing.....who would have thought LSU rediscovered the forward pass! Ensminger looks like he is way ahead of schedule on revamping that tired old offense I mean dang. Was holding judgement until I saw them play a real defense. Bammers be on guard for that game even though in Tusc.

I don't think Taggart will be there long. I didn't watch the game yesterday but all the power 5 schools always seem to disrespect Boise State until BSU puts a W up. Then make excuses. And, smaller schools have better talent with betting coaching than in years past. There are only so many scholarships these days and talent is out there.

Tulane can play remember their QB transferred out of LSU....Burroughs beat him for job. Both of those WR's will play on Sundays too. Flip side is Auburn isn't really that good either same problems as last few years on O-line. Whitlow with 3 fumbles yikes. Moving forward tough since we are down 3 WR's broken hand, likely broken collar bone and concussion just not enough depth. Once Williams went out you could see Tulane bringing 8 guys every down zero respect for the pass and rightly so. Oh well we got the win gonna be a brutal conference season still have to play #2, 3, 6, 11 and 12 sigh love my Tigers just wanna get bowl eligible and keep Nix upright he was running for his life from the 1st snap the RB's are whiffing blocks every series still will be ugly when a top flight defense lines up!

Hope everyone had fun watching their teams.

Will Taggart be HC in Tally after season? That was unreal another come from ahead late fold 21 pt lead gone like a fart in the wind.

I wish Gatewood would convert to running back, honestly. Unless he can actually throw the ball (which we don't know because he's never been given the chance). Boobie Whitlow is just not an every down back. He doesn't accelerate and hit the hole hard and fast enough. Sadly, I don't feel that the o-line is all that good. Bo will get better - he is just a true freshman. As he gets more comfortable and expands play book he will be better. He has composure and accuracy. He needs to quit telegraphing his passes.

I wonder if anyone has given any thought to some version of the option employing both of them in the backfield at the same time. Imagine the possibilities.