• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

SOTECH Sniper Hybrid Hydration Harness part 2

Shibumi

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 1, 2004
Las Vegas
Here are some more pics of the items broken down, and how George Gardner set up his prototype from SHOT.

Sniper_Hybrid_components.jpg

a.jpg

c.jpg

e.jpg

HHH-1.jpg

HHH1-1.jpg

HHH2-1.jpg

HHH3-1.jpg

Re: SOTECH Sniper Hybrid Hydration Harness part 2

The final numbers are at approximately $180, including the new belt. This system also works with the old version of the belt, and that costs $130.
Glad to hear you like it!
You can contact Omar at 1-800-615-9007 to order.

Shibumi,

Its a long while ago since I gave back my Sterling, and I have absoultely no use for one of these Hydration Harness, but damn I surely would like one!

There is just something about well designed and well engineered kit that appeals, and this kit certainly looks like it meets both criteria.

Regards,

Peter

Peter,
Thank you for your appreciation of quality designed gear. There is something to say for simplicity and ease of use.

glad to see this topic today. I was about to order one sotech harness (first version) to ustacticalsupply.com

it seems that this new version had less capacity to add pouches, but is more confortable to wear?

There are trade offs. If you go with a SHH, you need to run a drop down holster off your riggers belt. The actual Contoured Padded Pistol Belt is not compatible with the SHH. Due to this, I developed the SHHH to accomodate a padded belt, which everyone wants and to support it when excess weight is added. You can add a lot, and personally I run a Mission Go Bag to the rear as a buttpack, and it holds plenty, very comfortably.
I also have a SHH and run a MGB on the rear of that as well, but the pistol issue does come up.

Yes. I am working on pics, and should get them up tomorrow.

Got a box in the other day from Phil and it had mine and Kevins harnesses in it.
smile.gif

Now I need to get my belt back together tonight. It looks like a winner and i am so excited to get that bad boy!!

Great to hear you got it. Sorry for the delay, and it should make up for lost time with an awesome fit.

Phil, looks like a great harness. Do you have any in stock now? Which website should I order from:

www.sotechsnipergear.com or www.specopstech.com

I would like to set up my harness with a mission go bag on the back and triple pistol mag shingle. What size zippered accessory pouch would you recommend? And how many 20-round 308win bullet tray carriers would it fit?

Thanks.

VKC,
We don't have it up on the site yet, but if you call 1-800-615-9007, Omar can take your order. The price went down to $175, so it should be a very economically viable choice for precision shooters.

The BLoCS Zippered Accessory Pouch Short is ideal for a rangefinder, and you should be able to fit 2 bullet tray carriers on the belt.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

V/R,

Phil

Thanks Zac,
It is indeed very comfortable, especially for people who have had a belt dig into them.

Phil, thanks for providing info and clarification. I'll be calling to order soon.

What are the chances of getting this setup in OD Green, I've only seen Coyote.

Phil,

Padded Shoulder Hydration Harness for the Hellcat systems (PSHH-H)

Is this the hydration bladder/suspender setup that goes with the padded belt? Or is it something different?

The pictures you showed earlier of George Gardners setup looked like a separate Harness and Bladder. If I understand you correctly, the one you are referring to for the SHHH assembly is mated together?

Mk4,
No, that is a one piece system. I took a H Harness, lengthened the straps in front, took a Hydration Sleeve, and a Padded Pistol Belt, and connected them all together.
It is three main parts, with some Inverted Belt Hangers to attach the front connection buckles to the belt. Simple fix to a common problem.
We now offer the Modular Sternum Strap. This connects the two shoulder straps and keeps them from spreading out. I never used them on my last school with this rig, but they would be an added asset. The complete packages will now come stock with this feature.

Thanks,

Phil

Dogbones,
We can produce a product in any color available. It would be considered custom unless there is a demand for OD, and we are able to produce 20 minimum. The best way to determine wait time for a custom run is to call 1-800-615-9007, and ask Omar how long it will be with current production.

Thanks,

Phil

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shibumi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mk4,
No, that is a one piece system. I took a H Harness, lengthened the straps in front, took a Hydration Sleeve, and a Padded Pistol Belt, and connected them all together.
It is three main parts, with some Inverted Belt Hangers to attach the front connection buckles to the belt. Simple fix to a common problem.
We now offer the Modular Sternum Strap. This connects the two shoulder straps and keeps them from spreading out. I never used them on my last school with this rig, but they would be an added asset. The complete packages will now come stock with this feature.

Thanks,

Phil </div></div>

Phil,

Give me a number to call to get that ordered. Harness assembly w/o the belt.

We should do a group buy on these in multicam or OD to get the 20 minimum

I should have mine together tonight and give you some feedback.

But I can already tell that its a winner. All the gear we have used so far has been top notch with great service!

Mk4,

Call 1-800-615-9007, and you will reach Omar, our customer service rep.
He can assist you with any order and timeline questions.

Thanks,

Phil

Would one of these run well under a ghillie? Thanks, ADT.

lol, thanx dead yep already contacted shibumi, I'm ordering them at work. you guys will have a order shortly

ADT,
They will work under a Ghillie, although they would work best under the SOTECH Ghillie Cloak.
If you are running an upper, and can access your waistline, you could easily run all the mandatory gear for a mission easily.

Phil ,

at the last "Precision Valley" sniper cup held over here in Italy few days ago I wore your SOTech sniper hidratation vest , I outfitted it with #3 Eagle ammo wallets and #2 Triad mags pouches , the overall weight was more than 10 Kilos , at the end of the day I was very satifisfied of it .

It is very well thought and manufactured , the shoulder pads are wide and well padded enough to carry heavy weights for long period .

Jus wanted to let you know my opinion , keep up the goo work !

11.jpg

PP out

PP,
That is an awesome pic! Do you have any further pics of the rear, and the way you set it up?
Thanks,

Phil

I love my sotech harness! I have the original version but I use it alot and it is very comfortable even with it loaded down. The shoulder padding is great even with 20 or 30lbs of gear strapped to it your shoulders won't know it. For holster instead of a drop down I got a web gear adapter for my fobus that I carry my glock 22 in and a gerber tactical knife both on right side. On the back I carry an EOD bag and that still allows me to wear a small assault pack worn high. On left side I carry utility pouch and on front left I have an administrator pouch for maps made by maxpedition. Harness has lots of webbing so there are many options on your setup and I beleive mine was only $180. I definetely recommend sotechs harness!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shibumi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">PP,
That is an awesome pic! Do you have any further pics of the rear, and the way you set it up?
Thanks,

Phil </div></div>

Thank you .

Unfortunately I do not , I'll try asking to some friends of mine who attended the sniper match with me if they took some pix of me from the rear , otherwise I can take some shots of the setup however , I'll keep you posted ,

PP out

I've also used in the same match with my friend PP your vest..... excellent item nothing to say, easy to do everythings with it..

this is my set up..

phoca_thumb_l_aprecisionvalley831.jpg

DSCN2667.jpg

Finally got a few minutes to put my belt system back together and add the new Hydration system.

Wow you want to talk about a great new up grade to a already kick ass piece of gear!!

The harness really allows the user to add on many more pouches and distribute the weight off the hips and onto your shoulders where it belongs.

I cant wait to get out and use it at the next match.

Great work Phil and the guys over at SOTECH.

Nomad,
Great to hear it worked out well for you!

PP,
Standing by for any possible pics. Thanks for working on that.

Davide,
Nice looking gear, and rifle. You guys don't mess around!

Thanks Shibumi....

I'm waiting your new items on the web..

cheers..

Just ordered one, but I had a question I forgot to ask... There are two different size belts listed but I didn't know which one I fall into. I've got a 36" waist and the order shows a l/xl-- will this work for me?

That is what I went with per a conversation with Omar and I am 36" also.

I have the L/XL and it works great. Being 6', 215 I can use a little room.

Hey Phil ,

here it is my setup :

DSC03150.jpg

DSC03149.jpg

SOTech sniper hidratation vest
#2 HSGI Molle zippered pouches ( one on each side ) for log book, cards , food , mil-dot master and small stuff
#2 Triad AI AWM mags pouches on right side
#1 padded pouch for the PLRF10
#1 Eagle ammo wallet ( #10 338Lm cartridges inside each )
#1 HSGI radio pouch on left side for the Kestrel & stuff
#1 Eagle first aid kit pouch with Torniquet, field dressing & stuff
#2 Eagle ammo wallets
#1 Eagle CamelBak , 2 liters
#1 small pouch on left shoulder pad for the Garmin Etrex

I carried my SWS in the middle of the back with the TAB gear biathlon sling , that's why that part is a pouches-free real estate .

There were many more PALS available for more stuff if needed , however this setup served me very well , I'm not going to change anything for the next sniper match ,

PP out

PP,
Good looking setup. As long as it meets your needs, that is what ultimately matters.
Your pics are always interesting, so lets see some more next comp.
Take care,

Phil

Phil ,

copy that , thanks for your nice words ,
take care you too,

PP out

Ok Phil, thanks for creating a new want on my already long enough list!lol. Great product you've got, looks like I'll be adding another SOTech product to my useful collection! This is just what I've had in mind for quite sometime!

For anyone who's never used SOtechs gear it is well worth giving it a shot! I've had a Falcon Chest Harness I've used as an M4 chest rig, SAW chest rig, and M240 rig over 2 years that was used when I bought it. It's treated me VERY well! I know it's done several trips downrange, and lots of range/woods time and always come through when I needed it! Great piece of kit that's SUPER modular according to the mission at hand! Looking forward to another great piece of kit from you guys!