• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Soteria Suppressors?

PinesAndProjectiles

Formerly MinnesotaMulisha
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 30, 2013
    Solid Ground
    I’m sitting in the hotel room watching some YouTube’s.

I stumbled across a channel called “Smarter Every Day.”

It’s actually a pretty cool channel and has a lot of videos of firearms in super slow motion.

One of the videos is about what happens in a suppressor after the trigger is pulled (link below.)

The Suppressors in the video are Soteria, which I’ve never heard of. So, I googled that shit.

Their baffles are, unique.

So I came to the Hide to look them up. My search came up empty so I figured I would start a thread.

Below are some pics of their baffles.
    Not sure of the science behind it, but am truly interested in how well they work.

What say the Hiders? Anyone using one?

Link to video:
    08B2E95B-47BA-4102-8D7C-939FB879E90D.jpeg
    EA0F3852-46C5-4626-AED8-B7F889AF0DC2.jpeg
    029C1B7A-3046-4AC5-A4FD-EDDD816BA1FC.jpeg
    D7123FAE-405F-4BB4-9731-4BE4D1A11424.jpeg
    08B2E95B-47BA-4102-8D7C-939FB879E90D.jpeg
    029C1B7A-3046-4AC5-A4FD-EDDD816BA1FC.jpeg
    EA0F3852-46C5-4626-AED8-B7F889AF0DC2.jpeg
    D7123FAE-405F-4BB4-9731-4BE4D1A11424.jpeg

Reactions: Ichi
    Impressive machining but I'd bet they don't suppress that well.

Dustin from Smarter Every Day does cool stuff.
    Good vids.

Makes science cool in a way to get kids (and adults) outside their box and thinking.

His vid about making a super sonic baseball cannon is awesome.
    He also does some tours in Huntsville AL that are great.

I think those cans are prolly mostly gimmick.
    Otherwise I think we would see the bigger established makers using some of those ideas…

Reactions: Ichi
    I think those cans are prolly mostly gimmick.
    Otherwise I think we would see the bigger established makers using some of those ideas…
    I was thinking the same thing. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

But, that same mentality will kill innovation.

Maybe they’re on to something that is yet to catch on?

If it is, their marketing needs to increase its budget because this video is five years old and I’ve never heard their name mentioned.

I was thinking the same thing. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

But, that same mentality will kill innovation.

Maybe they’re on to something that is yet to catch on?

If it is, their marketing needs to increase its budget because this video is five years old and I’ve never heard their name mentioned.
    I eat, sleep, and breath guns and suppressors, and I'm also from Alabama (Dustin lives in AL, as well), and I've never heard of Soteria suppressors (Anniston, AL) mentioned ever by anyone, other than this video when he first posted it...

And I agree, their baffles look like ridicoulsly over-machined and over-engineered...And probably pretty loud, too.

Reactions: HansohnBrothers
    I eat, sleep, and breath guns and suppressors, and I'm also from Alabama (Dustin lives in AL, as well), and I've never heard of Soteria suppressors (Anniston, AL) mentioned ever by anyone, other than this video when he first posted it...

And I agree, their baffles look like ridicoulsly over-machined and over-engineered...And probably pretty loud, too.
    Definitely under engineered.