• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Source for a LH 700 S/A receiver?

Jay Ell Gee

Habitual Lurker
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2011
Tennessee
Hey everyone. I’m considering building a rifle for my wife. She has ~ a 13” LOP, on top of being a lefty. She wants a 6.5 CM, as she enjoys shooting mine. I’m considering a LH RAP, but stock selections are incredibly limited.

That being said, I’m trying to source a bare lefty action that I can build with a remage barrel setup. They seem out of stock absolutely everywhere. Would anyone happen to have a hookup on a source for one or have any advice on which retailers to stalk for availability? Thanks everyone.

I have made this same search before and unless you get lucky to find a used one for sale then you may have to look elsewhere. It is hard enough to find a complete LH Rem 700 rifle but that is a waste if you plan on stripping it down. You may be better off going with one of the more economically priced custom actions (Stiller for example) and avoid the many manufacturing issues with a remington (needs truing, optic base holes not lined up, oversized firing pin hole, bolt handle breaking off, etc).

GunBroker has some. There was a guy in the group buy section that had some.

That being said, if you are going to pay a gunsmith to true it up and everything, you might as well just buy a bighorn origin. Unless you are getting the family discount of course.

At $825, I don't think you can get a better deal. They aren't available yet, says August.

Thanks for the replies everyone. While I’m not overly attached to the 700 action, I was hoping that I could utilize it to give her a much wider variety of stock choices. We have simply been struggling to find a factory option with a lefty action, short LOP, and a beefy enough contour for some steel shooting at the range.

I just discovered that Ruger now makes the RAP in lefty, but about the only short LOP stock option out there is a Boyd’s, which I’m a bit sketchy on. She loves the weight of the rifle, though. Very manageable for her.

Thanks everyone for the sources and advice. Definitely gave me a lot to consider.

I also have a 13” LOP and and the KRG Xray stock works great for my LOP. I recommend what others said and go with a sub $1,000 action (Bighorn Origin, ARC Nucleus, Stiller, etc.).

You might want to see if Tikka makes a left handed T3x CTR. That’d be your most economical solution and they are suppossed to be great rifles.

I also have a 13” LOP and and the KRG Xray stock works great for my LOP. I recommend what others said and go with a sub $1,000 action (Bighorn Origin, ARC Nucleus, Stiller, etc.).

You might want to see if Tikka makes a left handed T3x CTR. That’d be your most economical solution and they are suppossed to be great rifles.
Tikka makes it, it just isn't available in the US.

OP look at the pva john hancock. Arc nucleus, good barrel, timney trigger in a krg bravo, available left hand. $2000ish

What about looking in the Left Hand section of the Post Exchage?

Although I am not LH, I look through that section and many times I have seen Awesome deals!

Just a thought.

Good Luck

I actually own a 20” 6.5 CTR and that is about as heavy as she wants to go on a rifle. She enjoys shooting it. She actually really likes the barrel contour (mainly weight) of the Ruger American Predator, since we recently got hands on it... it would be a deer hunting rifle as well.

There is actually a lefty 308 light available locally to me for like $450. It’s really tempting to get a longer barrel for my CTR and pop that take off on the lefty. It just leaves us with less stock options. Then again, I have no idea how hard it is to rebarrel Tikkas.

What about looking in the Left Hand section of the Post Exchage?

Although I am not LH, I look through that section and many times I have seen Awesome deals!

Just a thought.

Good Luck

I would like to use the excuse that I have been borderline exhausted the last two weeks working a massive amount of OT, but I will admit that I have never noticed the lefty PX. Thanks a bunch.

Shouldn’t be hard to rebarrel your Tikka, take a look at the Barloc from ARC or a Bugnut from SPR (I think). Anyways, a few manufacturers make a barrel nut that has Tikka T3 compatibility.

I actually own a 20” 6.5 CTR and that is about as heavy as she wants to go on a rifle. She enjoys shooting it. She actually really likes the barrel contour (mainly weight) of the Ruger American Predator, since we recently got hands on it... it would be a deer hunting rifle as well.

There is actually a lefty 308 light available locally to me for like $450. It’s really tempting to get a longer barrel for my CTR and pop that take off on the lefty. It just leaves us with less stock options. Then again, I have no idea how hard it is to rebarrel Tikkas.
What stock options are you interested in? The biggest limiting factor for stock options is the lefty factor not the tikka one. You can always dremel/ file out a bolt channel for the lefty factor. Thats what i will most likely have to do.

I've been on the same quest the last few weeks. I'm looking for a 223 bolt face though which makes it even tougher. I'm probably just going to get a LH T3X Lite just for the action and trigger. Then I'll get whatever stock I want and cut a bolt handle notch.