• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Source for Benchmade 5750 (auto axis lock)?

rg1911

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2012
Laramie, Wyoming
Arthritis is causing problems opening even my Benchmade assisted opening EDC. When I talked with Benchmade Customer Service, the representative recommended the model 5750. Naturally, I can't find a source using Google search -- it's a discontinued model and stores are sold out. To be more accurate, I did find a listing for the 5750 with a half plain blade and half serrated. I prefer an all-plain blade.

Is anyone aware of a source that might not be found using a standard search?

Thank you,
Richard

Arthritis is causing problems opening even my Benchmade assisted opening EDC. When I talked with Benchmade Customer Service, the representative recommended the model 5750. Naturally, I can't find a source using Google search -- it's a discontinued model and stores are sold out. To be more accurate, I did find a listing for the 5750 with a half plain blade and half serrated. I prefer an all-plain blade.

Is anyone aware of a source that might not be found using a standard search?

Thank you,
Richard

Looks like you will have to compromise. Not sure why a half-serrated blade is such a deal breaker. It'll go through flesh just the same.

Wow, I didn't know they discontinued those. It seems like only recently they came out with them.

You might also try the Microtech Socom Elite. It's a flip-open auto and comes in plain blades. It's built approximately 10000% stronger than the BM.

Wow, I didn't know they discontinued those. It seems like only recently they came out with them.

You might also try the Microtech Socom Elite. It's a flip-open auto and comes in plain blades. It's built approximately 10000% stronger than the BM.
Thank you. The Microtech is larger than I would prefer. The reason I am looking specifically at the auto axis lock is that I can use it with my arthritis. I can't always fully depress a button with my thumb.

Cheers, Richard

Thank you. That source didn't show up for me. I guess I'll have to call them tomorrow, since online ordering always returns a server error.

Cheers,
Richard
Looks like it may be a scam site based on others remarks on a blade forum. I’d be leery. Especially if online ordering seems to cause issues. Address comes back to a house in the Vegas suburbs supposedly.

Looks like it may be a scam site based on others remarks on a blade forum. I’d be leery. Especially if online ordering seems to cause issues. Address comes back to a house in the Vegas suburbs supposedly.
Interesting and thank you for the warning. Although my search (using DuckDuckGo because I don't like Google) did not elicit any firm information, I did send a message cancelling the order. And fortunately, the system crumped before getting any payment information. Shall see what happens.

Cheers,
Richard

Looks like you will have to compromise. Not sure why a half-serrated blade is such a deal breaker. It'll go through flesh just the same.

If one uses his knife for regular tasks, then it will get dull, and it is more difficult to sharpen serrations than a plain edge. I'm not sure what you do on a daily basis, but for me there is a lot of box opening, rope cutting, and trimming of random plastic parts, and really not all that much self-defense stabbing. Maybe Ohio is a lot rougher than Michigan?

• Haha
Reactions: 1911hombre

Almost certainly a scam site:

1) Has a product that is unavailable elsewhere
2) Too good to be true pricing
3) Wonky physical address (in this case, they actually show a full mailing address - but it's for another knife business)
4) Only offers payment via PayPal, Stripe, Zelle, Bitcoin, etc.
5) At least half of the first page of the Google search results are something like "is this site a scam?"
6) Website info doesn't match with social media accounts, or there are obvious signs of theft from established accounts

That site lights up every warning sign.

Last edited:
Thank you. The Microtech is larger than I would prefer. The reason I am looking specifically at the auto axis lock is that I can use it with my arthritis. I can't always fully depress a button with my thumb.

Cheers, Richard
Microtech LUDT. The button is easy. Or a real Emerson with ball bearings will flip with little effort.

If one uses his knife for regular tasks, then it will get dull, and it is more difficult to sharpen serrations than a plain edge. I'm not sure what you do on a daily basis, but for me there is a lot of box opening, rope cutting, and trimming of random plastic parts, and really not all that much self-defense stabbing. Maybe Ohio is a lot rougher than Michigan?

You can have more than one knife........I keep several junk ones around the house for mundane tasks.

Almost certainly a scam site:

1) Has a product that is unavailable elsewhere
2) Too good to be true pricing
3) Wonky physical address (in this case, they actually show a full mailing address - but it's for another knife business)
4) Only offers payment via PayPal, Stripe, Zelle, Bitcoin, etc.
5) At least half of the first page of the Google search results are something like "is this site a scam?"
6) Website info doesn't match with social media accounts, or there are obvious signs of theft from established accounts

That site lights up every warning sign.

It was just a site that came up on a basic search. I deleted my post so that no one gets scammed by them. Please edit out the site in your post.

You can have more than one knife........I keep several junk ones around the house for mundane tasks.

If I can grab a utility knife then I'll gladly dull a replaceable Stanley blade instead of something nice that's going to take considerable time to resharpen, but that's not always an option. In short, fuck serrations for EDC use - especially in quality steels that take considerable effort to resharpen.

I have occasionally worn multiple knives (typically a folder + multitool), but that shit gets old quickly with too many other objects competing for pocket space.

It was just a site that came up on a basic search. I deleted my post so that no one gets scammed by them. Please edit out the site in your post.

This is the problem - there are a growing number of storefronts that pop up in normal searches, and that appear to be quite legitimate. It would be nice if Google provided a mechanism to flag such sites, but obviously they don't care as long as such companies keep paying for SEO.

I also edited my post, although I considered keeping it up as a warning to others. We really need to start a list of such scam sites.

OP, It appears you're a patriot so this is just any FYI- BM's owners gave campaign money to at least two different very anti-2A dems, it's open public record. But if you buy a pre-owned BM knife you're not giving BM any of your money. Food for thought.

OP, It appears you're a patriot so this is just any FYI- BM's owners gave campaign money to at least two different very anti-2A dems, it's open public record. But if you buy a pre-owned BM knife you're not giving BM any of your money. Food for thought.

You're right about BM's owner, Les, contributing to local Oregon Democrat campaigns. However, Les died. I don't know if BM is continuing the same political contribution practices but the company certainly has changed leadership since those original contributions were made public.

You're right about BM's owner, Les, contributing to local Oregon Democrat campaigns. However, Les died. I don't know if BM is continuing the same political contribution practices but the company certainly has changed leadership since those original contributions were made public.
@rg1911

Actually they weren't made to local nor just Oregon politicians- they were made to anti-gun demorat U.S. Senators Ron Wyden, Martin Heinrich (New Mexico) and Mark Udall (Colorado)

Those contributions were reported to be made in his wife's name too.

And It's not often people's adult children choose a different party than they were raised to identify with, but it happens sometimes.

Last edited:
Much obliged for the information. If the company still supports the Left, I'll avoid any new knives.

Richard

Reactions: Milf Dots
Yup. Tape, boxes, wire insulation ... The way I use my knife, I prefer the plain edge.

Cheers, Richard

Reactions: E. Bryant