• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Source for Donor Action

jccobb2

Private
Minuteman
Jul 2, 2008
KY
Looking for a donor action to begin a build on. 700 short right handed would do the trick. I'm perusing the pawn shops for a cheap remington, but didn't know if there was any place to buy some online.

All my search results pointed to a previous sale in which GA precision bought them all.

Re: Source for Donor Action

For what donors are going for these days and assuming you're going to screw a custom tube on it, I'd just wait for a deal on a Stiller/Surgeon/Defiance one.

300 clam donors abound and a guy can often shade that by quite a margin.

I haven't seen one of those in a couple years, though they were all over when Wal-Mart had the ADL close outs. Now days it seems and bare action w/ bolt brings $400.

Guys have been scoring Mart Mart s/a's for $370-ish and doing the usual of pulling tubes and tripping them with the stocks. No thang to land a 250 clam NIB donor,if you sniff.

I see S/S for 400 often,wearing the trigger,box,follower/spring and bottom.

I've an FN SPR A1 and really don't think much of it.

You can build better,for less.

I've researched this plenty of times for my build. For what a donor action would cost, plus the cost to have it blueprinted, its about the same for a Surgeon.

Curious here,where does a gent score a Surgeon action,bottom metal/TG,magbox,follower/springer and trigger for 300 clams?

who said anything about getting a Surgeon action for $300?? For the price of a donor action you're looking at $350-$400 depending on condition. Now have it blueprinted and matched to your barrel and your looking at another $350 at least. Throw a trigger and some other things in and your factory rem action is around $1000. You can get a Surgeon RSR for $715 and build from there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PaleRider77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">who said anything about getting a Surgeon action for $300?? For the price of a donor action you're looking at $350-$400 depending on condition. Now have it blueprinted and matched to your barrel and your looking at another $350 at least. Throw a trigger and some other things in and your factory rem action is around $1000. You can get a Surgeon RSR for $715 and build from there. </div></div>

You are cracking me up.