• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Source for EDM Windrunner M96 50 BMG Magazines?

kvesi122

Private
Minuteman
Apr 30, 2013
Massachusetts
Do any of you guys happen to have a line on any EDM M96 50 BMG magazines? The older style from the exposed magwell vs the newer enclosed magwell.

I already reached out to Vigilance Rifles but no luck.

Thank you in advance!

Honestly, with a long discontinued rifle system, your best bet is to look on private sales forums like GunBroker et al or ask Kerry Ritchie (Bill's son). But it sounds like you've already tried that latter without any luck, which doesn't really surprise me given his general attitude.

How you checked to see if there is a company that could/would make a custom clone?

I actually have not! Didn’t know people would custom make small batch magazines.
Might be cheaper to 3d print one. If you have one that you can model then you can have is SLS printed in an alloy of your choice. Springs may or may not be a pain in the ass. Once you have the 3d model you might be able to sell the clones too.

-Alex

Check-Mate responded surprisingly fast! They weren’t interested as the up front tooling would be 100k+

Waiting on a reply from Charlie’s Custom Clones.

Do you have any sheet metal fabrication shops nearby? Thinking just maybe they would be able to make the magazine minus the spring and folower.

1CD688D5-4DCB-4C27-AAA1-5846A91A921E.png

I'm surprised Keary didn't make the m18 windrunner more like the original. I paid 6250 for mine 15 years ago and the new guns are 10k. New guns have a non detachable/unfluted barrel and 10 round mag. With today's technology, you could probably laser cut magazine blanks and bend them on a small hydraulic press.
Resized_20210718_133009_1488191021680475.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: camocorvette
Slightly off topic...

@Rem7 I had one too back in the 00s and I'm curious if you ever had issues with the trigger? Because of the design, the trigger mechanism was a bit exposed and every single time I took mine to the desert to shoot, after about 10 rounds or so my trigger would go from 3lbs to something like 15lbs. Bill Ritchie told me "just wash it out with lighter fluid." That worked, but JFC I had to it so often that I had to add a big bottle to my range bag.

I haven’t had any issues, but it has been a while since I have shot it. Been sitting in the safe after I lost my shooting spot. Thinking about getting a 375CT barrel conversion.

Might be kind of hard to get an conversions at this point.

I have a local guy in mind and he needs me to bring it by his place to see if he can do it.