• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Source on 11+" barrel with A2 sight?

jLorenzo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2017
Looking for a barrel around 11.5" with an A2 front sight. Anyone have a source, doesnt need to be super high end.

I really like my 11.5" DSG barrel. I scoped it before I shot it and it looks like a really nice barrel. It is easily as accurate as I can shoot.

Something else, that 11.5" barrel is gassed perfectly. It is not over gassed like a lot of the shorter barrels are. Even with a silencer it isn't bad at all.

Now I'm intrigued...

OP, why do you want an A2 front sight as opposed to any old FSB/FSP?

Now I'm intrigued...

Some people build period correct ARs or are wanting a particular build or look. I put up a stripped A1 upper for sale and got over run with messages from buyers wanting to buy it for their Mogadishu build. I could have sold 100 of them at $200 each.

I also assumed he was looking for a barrel with any FSB but used A2 interchangeably for FSB.

Now I'm intrigued...

That is probably what he means (FSB). If I were building an 11.5 I would use a FF handguard and quality fixed front sight unless it was full auto and aiming wasn't very important.

If you can go a little shorter, 10.3" Colt or DD if you can find one at a decent price. Could search for mk18 type barrels also.

You can send your barrel to Adco and they will install their fsb also. By the time you add up shipping though, be better off buying one ready to go.

Some people build period correct ARs or are wanting a particular build or look. I put up a stripped A1 upper for sale and got over run with messages from buyers wanting to buy it for their Mogadishu build. I could have sold 100 of them at $200 each.

I also assumed he was looking for a barrel with any FSB but used A2 interchangeably for FSB.

That is probably what he means (FSB). If I were building an 11.5 I would use a FF handguard and quality fixed front sight unless it was full auto and aiming wasn't very important.

I was thinking similarly, but figured I'd ask.

For a moment, I had forgotten that there is a shortage on everything, and was going to recommend DD pending his answer (alas, they only have some 16" carbines in stock).

If you can use a F marked FSB with the cap, delta and nut, try BA directly. Can't help with a non-F marked for an A2 fixed carry.

What receiver are you going to be running with it? And are you looking for a standard A2 or a A2F?

it would be best to buy the barrel and gas’s system that you want and send it to adco to be cut for pins.

I was gonna say, in no particular order: SharkArms, Charlie's, and Thoroughbred Armament. All 3 are excellent sources for neat-o things.

I've thrown money at all 3 like a drunkard at a tittle bar. 🤣😂