• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

South Carolina Inmate Chooses Death by Firing Squad

PatMiles

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2017

Death Row Inmate Richard Moore
South Carolina Department of Corrections
AWR Hawkins15 Apr 2022185

1:43

South Carolina death row inmate Richard Moore has chosen to be executed by a firing squad when his sentence is carried out on April 29, 2022.
Moore had the option of dying via electric chair or firing squad.
WLTX reports that 57-year-old Moore was convicted in “the 1999 killing of convenience store clerk James Mahoney in Spartanburg” and has been in prison two decades.
Moore’s attorneys claim the execution ought to be delayed on the grounds that a firing squad and/or the electric chair both represent “cruel and unusual punishment.”
In a statement published by the State, Moore claimed the firing squad and the electric chair were both “unconstitutional.”
South Carolina adopted the option of execution by firing squad in 2021.
“[T]hree volunteer prison workers will train their rifles on the condemned prisoner’s heart” when it is time for the execution to be carried out.
If Moore’s execution takes place on April 29 he will be the first person South Carolina has executed in 11 years.

After his execution this country is going to explode with riots with everybody screaming about racism!!

Moore’s attorneys claim the execution ought to be delayed on the grounds that a firing squad and/or the electric chair both represent “cruel and unusual punishment.”
In a statement published by the State, Moore claimed the firing squad and the electric chair were both “unconstitutional.”
I wonder if his victim thought being murdered was "cruel and unusual"? Fucker has been getting 3 hots and a cot for over two decades.

I heard some other state recently botched yet another lethal injection execution. Seriously, how is lethal injection not considered "cruel and unusual punishment" when a it literally takes in upwards of 45 minutes from start to finish and if the 2 previous drugs don't work, the 3rd literally makes you feel like you're being boiled alive from the inside out?

As for firing squad, my only problem is I'd rather the shots be to the head and not to the heart. But of course the government and activists think that bloody and messy equals cruel and unusual. Sure, a .30-30 to the head is gonna make the head pop quite nicely and there will be blood and brain matter to clean up, but the death is instant. How is an instant death considered cruel and unusual?

I'm one of the very few Libertarians left who support the death penalty and that support is decreasing fast.

Reactions: rockn30809
They should bring back the Iron Maiden or guillotine. The iPhone liberal spell checker does not help you spell guillotine. Or do what the taliban do and hang him from a 100 foot crane 🏗

Reactions: Cowpokey
I heard some other state recently botched yet another lethal injection execution. Seriously, how is lethal injection not considered "cruel and unusual punishment" when a it literally takes in upwards of 45 minutes from start to finish and if the 2 previous drugs don't work, the 3rd literally makes you feel like you're being boiled alive from the inside out?

As for firing squad, my only problem is I'd rather the shots be to the head and not to the heart. But of course the government and activists think that bloody and messy equals cruel and unusual. Sure, a .30-30 to the head is gonna make the head pop quite nicely and there will be blood and brain matter to clean up, but the death is instant. How is an instant death considered cruel and unusual?

I'm one of the very few Libertarians left who support the death penalty and that support is decreasing fast.
Anyone that that commits a crime worthy of the death penalty has ZERO reason to complain about "cruel and unusual".

I considered myself more libertarian when Ron Paul was running but they are not only against the death penalty, they are pro-immigration/amnesty with no wall, pro-abortion with no limitations, and against all drug laws including dealing.

I considered myself more libertarian when Ron Paul was running but they are not only against the death penalty, they are pro-immigration/amnesty with no wall, pro-abortion with no limitations, and against all drug laws including dealing.

That sounds basically like the WEF's global agenda, with private gun ownership... For the time being, until certain groups balk at the absurdity of unlimited immigration and no walls, and then the guns get taken away too.

I actually liked Ron Paul's view on immigration in that we don't need a huge wall, but rather we need to ditch the government aids that literally condones immigrants to migrate here illegally. I also feel that the Libertarian party and Libertarianism should be separate entities. I've been to a few Libertarian party rallies and they're so trash! Very disorganized and with no real agenda to talk about. And no, the whole place wasn't stoned and Gary Johnson wasn't passing out free bags of weed as a party favor. Libertarianism on the other hand is probably the most common sense modern views we got. If our Founding Fathers were alive today, they'd most likely be classed as Libertarian. All I know is I'm gonna be 33 in October and I been a Libertarian since I was 19. Libertarianism isn't perfect, but I feel it's on the right track to getting things somewhat back to normal.

As for firing squad, my only problem is I'd rather the shots be to the head and not to the heart. But of course the government and activists think that bloody and messy equals cruel and unusual.
Well if you just had a guy Commissar the convict in the back of the head, then it'd traumatize the executioner. Their "reasoning" is that the squad doesn't know who had blanks and who didn't, so they don't feel bad about doing their job. Personally, I'd say if you want a clean method, just hang 'em. Chain is reusable and available at your local Home Depot. Powder's expensive.

Reactions: deersniper
why not just send them all to china?

Frankly with how often our “justice system” fucks up, I don’t trust them with being able to kill people.

Just use 30-06 he'll die from the shock wave before the bullets even hit him, clean quick.

Except that the folks pulling the triggers will be incompetent and will either miss him though incompetence, wound him such that it takes hours to die, or all shoot wide so they know they didn't kill him. Just slip him a lethal dose of barbiturates in his last meal and be done with it.

What a fucking Circus.

VooDoo

some where there's a special place in hell he will get the torture he deserves shame it's got to take that long . I only hope they screw up and he suffers as much as someone can suffer . drawn and quartered . death by ants lol I bet that would send a message to other criminals that they have not seen in a long time actions having consequences .

Last edited:
cruel and unusual? i think execution via their method of murder seems just.

cruel and unusual would be if all 3 people shoot him in the dick and they put him back in prison until he dies.

Why does it have to be a firing squad?

It’s 2022. Can’t we just have one mounted gun and 3 remote triggers? Ammo’s expensive

Reactions: camocorvette
I guess they couldn't get the chemicals needed for lethal injection. So they are turning to things like firing squad.

But for lethal injection to be truly effective, the technicians really have to know how to find and secure a good vein. As a PIT I had to do a bunch of sticks and with the constraint of being inside a moving ambulance (a whole lot different than a clinical setting). And they have to stick them right and insure the stick doesn't blow (i.e. infiltrate). Those are the biggest issues. Getting the right vein and getting it to not infiltrate. Often difficult when the "subject" is a druggie (really bad veins).

cruel and unusual? i think execution via their method of murder seems just.

cruel and unusual would be if all 3 people shoot him in the dick and they put him back in prison until he dies.
No, that would be
Justice'.

Reactions: Im2bent
Except that the folks pulling the triggers will be incompetent and will either miss him though incompetence, wound him such that it takes hours to die, or all shoot wide so they know they didn't kill him.

What a fucking Circus.

VooDoo
Exactly what will happen. Then you’ll have all three cry about how traumatized they are (even though they volunteered) and get to retire early due to psychological issues.

Let the victim’s family pull the trigger, don’t put it on three volunteers who shoot once a year and barely qual at that.

Shit, donate him to the DOD so he can be used for live tissue training or to SSBC so they can use him as an attention getter for the intro to terminal ballistics lecture.

Reactions: camocorvette
Exactly what will happen. Then you’ll have all three cry about how traumatized they are (even though they volunteered) and get to retire early due to psychological issues.

Let the victim’s family pull the trigger, don’t put it on three volunteers who shoot once a year and barely qual at that.

Shit, donate him to the DOD so he can be used for live tissue training or to SSBC so they can use him as an attention getter for the intro to terminal ballistics lecture.

Could just automate it all together. For as long as electric solenoids have been around, remote firing has existed.