• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up South Carolina

Re: South Carolina

Hey DMAX2500HD. Where do you shoot? I live near Savannah and have been to the Richmond Hill. But I am looking for a range that goes past 100 yards. Are there any up there near you?

Member here in Georgtown County, SC. I think their is one member in the Myrtle Beach area, Charleston and Florence. If any of you are near lets go shooting.

I'm the one in the Florence area.

JD and Boonedock, where in SC are y'all?

I've shot to 600 with a guy in Charleston. He lurks here sometimes, but doesn't post that I know of. Let me know if anyone would like to contact him.

In Savannah, Ga.
Dmax-good to know there's a range/gunshop in Hampton. Maybe they've got a new-used 700p or ltr at a decent price. I'm hoping to do some hunting this year.

I'm in Chester. Got a nice 100yd range here but it's not exactly good for what we like to do. Wonder where the closest 300+ yd range is?

I am in Aiken. We have a 300 and a 500 yd range between Aiken and Williston. The range is open to the public. The name of it is Carolina Star. Their phone # is 803-649-0878.

Hey guys, I'm in Blenheim. I am currently shooting at a private farm range at 250yds but might be able to stretch it to 500yds when not in the growing season(now). Would like to meet up. Thanks, Wesley

St. Stephen.
45min. from Charleston
1hr to Florence.
Work in Georgetown.

That sounds good CWPINST. 500yds. is a real find around here. I live in Columbia, myself, so would like to check that out!

Hey kg4lho, you're only around 45 min from me. I've been to Blenheim a time or two, a former boss's family had land out there. When I was in college, I got a couple of friends hooked on Blenheim ginger ale- good stuff! :p Haven't seen it lately, though.

Give me a PM sometime and we'll shoot.

I'm in Myrtle Beach, presently shooting at a friends farm at 450 yrd range, to be extended to maybe 1000yrd soon. myself and two other members shoot there now

Actually live outside Darlingon on the Florence side.

Where do you shoot?

im in aynor right as you cross the border going into horry county on hwy 501 i have around 500 yards over here if you ever interesed in coming out

I'm in Greenwood, SC. We have a 300 yard range at the Upper Savannah Shooters Association, and we have private land with unknown distances out to 600M.

I'd love to shoot out further than 600!! If you guys find somewhere to shoot, please count me in.

I'm in Charleston, Sullivan's Island to be exact. All we have that is free of charge close by is the National Forest Range and it is only 100yds. Better than nothing. Palmetto Gun Club is 300yds, that is where I shoot USPSA but I am not a member of the club and I can't use the rifle range without joining and dues are a little too pricey if you know what I mean.

Located in Easley SC. I've been hanging around for a couple of years and decided to join the fray. Thought I'd stop by and say hey to the local guys and gals.

I am also in Easley SC. I shoot at a DNR range close to home. It only goes out to 100 yards but that is just fine for me I am just starting out with the long distance stuff.

Joe

I'm in a little town near Greenwood. I've got a 900 yd range with steel at different ranges. On the same tract of land, I am in the process of fixing up the 1,000 yd. range with steel. It is not my land, so I cannot have a huge crowd of guys at one time, but we could have a small group of SH guys come over and do some shooting some day. No 338's or anything that's gonna bang the heck out of my steel. LOL. I've already made that mistake myself! 300's are fine as long as your shooting them out there at around 700 to 1000 yds. If you want to shoot something big, bring your own steel and we'll hang it up on something. Me and Eubanks do some shooting together, so you can ask him about it. It's a pretty sweet range. There are rules though. Only professionals or guys who can act that way. It is a huge privilege for me to be allowed to shoot here and I don't want to mess it up with irresponsibility. I love to shoot and I love to be around other people who do also. I'd be glad to arrange a day when a few of us Carolina and Ga. SH boys get together and do some long range shooting. PM me if your interested.

I'm interested, are you in Anderson Co.?

I'm in Abbeville. About 30 minutes from Anderson and about an hour and 15 minutes West of Columbia. I shoot 2 or 3 evenings a week, so let me know and we'll shoot.

Well me an turtlesniper are at myrtle beach but we would love to shoot 1000yrds.If we brought our own steel would that be cool? I mean that is a haul for us but we would be down for the ride.

cool man. plan it. If your shooting a 308 or equivalent, I have plenty of steel to shoot. But, I don't have all rifle grade steel, so if your stick has a bunch of horsepower, you might want to bring your own steel. PM me and we'll make a plan.

i'm waiting on a gap 338luppy so i would bring my own it aint rifle grade but holes in steal give it charecter

hey guys me and red are shooting saturday anyone close want to come .
i don't have much about 450yards right now

hey guys, I spoke with the landowner today. Deer season is coming on quick around here, so if you want to shoot, let me know and we need to do it in the next couple of weeks. I'm not gonna be on that range through deer season, until about the 2nd week in January. I'll be shooting mornings and evening for the next couple of weeks, so let me know if you want to come shoot.

Missed the updates on this thread somehow. Had a good shoot with turtle sniper today, banged some steel and swapped lies for a good while. I don't have a ton of open weekends, but will try to make a shoot if y'all plan it.

eta: Oh, and thanks to Nuttshooter for letting me break in your GA Precision. It shot real good until the barrel turned red.
blush.gif

You guys suck. I got home last night and took it out for a little. Put 20 down the tube and put it up. Man George did a great job.I love the trigger.Sorry Red but maybe next time I will be able to make it. My trip sucked!!LOL

I'm surprised that none of you guys took snommittj up on the offer to shoot more than 1000 yards.

The Elberton Gun Club has a rifle range out to 400 yards. If your a member they hold 1,000 yard matches at a members farm about 4 times a year. Maybe we can get together so you can check out the Elberton range.
Semper Fi

I have an old buddy that said someone in Florence was building a 1K range about a yr. ago. He's out of reach right now, but I'll put an email out to him and ask what the deal is. I'll let you guys know as soon as I find something out.

Palmetto Gun Club here in the charleston area claims to have 1000 yds. I have not been up on the rifle range yet. I have shot USPSA Limited out there but the rifle range is up on the hill and I did not have time to walk up last time I was out there. I will try to get a "look see" next month. I think you can get out there for matches if you are not a memeber but otherwise......

http://palmettogunclub.org/

I noticed that a new rule was made yesterday for sellers. Only Donating members are allowed to sell and it has to be a donation of $25 or more. That no longer makes it seem like donations are an option for some of us. Sure, we have the choice NOT to donate, but we can no longer offer anything we make if we do not donate. Makes it seem more like a mandatory fee than a free will donation.
------------------
sandra

South Carolina Alcohol Addiction Treatment

95LTZ and I had a great day at the Elberton range today. We did a bunch of shooting and met a great group of guys that were there getting prepared for the Ga. state bench rest match. There are a bunch of fellas that are members there who have a whole lot of knowledge and some very cool long range weapons. In a couple of months, they are holding a 1,000 yd NIGHT SHOOT! Very Cool. Thanks Jim, I had a blast. looking forward to our next trip to the range.

JT,

Did you get any positive comments on that (HSLG) high speed low drag cheek rest?

Don't let any of those bench rest guys get near your rifle as they might try and steal your design.

I want to go next time.

Had a few computer issues. Now that those are fixed, I can add that JT & I had a good time talkin'/shootin' & watching the guys get ready for the State BR matches. I look forward to more shooting with & learning from JT. The 1,000 yard match will be Sept. 20th. I was told that folks will get on paper in the afternoon & then shoot for group & score at night. Anybody can come & watch but in order to shoot the match you have to be a member. The gun club itself has rifle ranges out to 400 yards. The 1,000 yard shoot takes place about 20 minutes from the gun club proper.
Semper Fi

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 95LTZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Had a few computer issues. Now that those are fixed, I can add that JT & I had a good time talkin'/shootin' & watching the guys get ready for the State BR matches. I look forward to more shooting with & learning from JT. The 1,000 yard match will be Sept. 20th. I was told that folks will get on paper in the afternoon & then shoot for group & score at night. Anybody can come & watch but in order to shoot the match you have to be a member. The gun club itself has rifle ranges out to 400 yards. The 1,000 yard shoot takes place about 20 minutes from the gun club proper.
Semper Fi </div></div>

Jim,
The next day, me and the boys went to Lexington to Gunsite Hill. I appreciate the heads up on that range. It was very cool. I enjoyed it very much and am going back very soon. Let's get together and you can go show off that HSLD rifle on the hill. I believe that 6XC would excel at that range. Later, JT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EUBANKS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JT,

Did you get any positive comments on that (HSLG) high speed low drag cheek rest?

Don't let any of those bench rest guys get near your rifle as they might try and steal your design.

I want to go next time.

</div></div>

Sam, I am not sure those guys see the "character" like I do in my rifle with the frayed duct tape and whatnot. Most of their rifles look like Richard Simmons picked out the colors for em'. BUT, I wouldn't tell em that to their face, cause some of them fellas can shoot! LOL.