• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing south east coyotes

blister

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2017
I'm wanting to get into coyote hunting here in south carolina. I have a 1in 9 twist .223 that is a hammer with 69 grain any flavor bullets.You can hunt year round herebut on public land you can only use weapons allowed for whatever is in season at the time other than coyote,hogs.So it's now small game season until march 2nd and you are limited to rimfire or shotgun. my question is what would you use 22lr,17hmr or 12 guage with bb shot? on private land I'm good just don't have access to much of it

If you're hunting in the woods, a 12ga is perfect. Hunting open fields, .17 would be the better choice.

Thanks. It will be woods with some chance for 100yd or less distance. i guess calling them in close is what its about here mostly.hope to learn this game. maybe time to get a foxpro.

Thanks. It will be woods with some chance for 100yd or less distance. i guess calling them in close is what its about here mostly.hope to learn this game. maybe time to get a foxpro.

Typically you would need to call them in close when in the timber anyway. Your visibility will be short and so will theirs.