• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Southeast matches

Centerfire01

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2019
Any local PRS matches coming up? Talked to a Woody’s member and they are no longer hosting? Saw a NRL match at frontline next weekend, and an ambush match the following month. Is a frontline the only one in NC anymore? Located in WILMINGTON. Any relevant info appreciated. I did do a search but no current info.

I just shot at Cheytac USA, tactical sniper series in SC. google it up.

I just became aware of the rifle ranch matches in West Alabama. I think they have one coming up next weekend. Ranges out to ~800, 60rds, $40 entry. Should be a good match for newer shooters by the looks of it.

Rifle ranch is awesome. MPA at Blakely, Altus at Baker, and K&M. Lot of good options.

The next Rifle Ranch match is this Saturday, March 28. I don't see any changes announced due to the COVID-19 situation.

Google Rifle Ranch and you'll find location, it's right on the Ga-Al state line. Match safety briefing starts at 8:30 local time. Alabama is central time zone.

Good match for a new shooter as they are quite helpful. I've also shot against some very top shooters there.

Reactions: wb00757
The next Rifle Ranch match is this Saturday, March 28. I don't see any changes announced due to the COVID-19 situation.

Google Rifle Ranch and you'll find location, it's right on the Ga-Al state line. Match safety briefing starts at 8:30 local time. Alabama is central time zone.

Good match for a new shooter as they are quite helpful. I've also shot against some very top shooters there.

My buddy and I will be there. It will be our first match. We hope to learn a lot as we are looking to get into the world of PRS matches in the coming future. Any heads up for what to expect would be greatly appreciated.

You'll shoot out to 850ish yards, just find modified prone whenever you can as it's the most stable. You'll shoot off a few barricade variations, just know your dope and take as many mental notes when you can.

If you need to borrow a bag or equipment, just ask the guy and dont be a douche. Lastly just have fun, no one is judging you or making fun of your misses. Everyone's just trying to get their hits and constantly learn.

You'll shoot out to 850ish yards, just find modified prone whenever you can as it's the most stable. You'll shoot off a few barricade variations, just know your dope and take as many mental notes when you can.

If you need to borrow a bag or equipment, just ask the guy and dont be a douche. Lastly just have fun, no one is judging you or making fun of your misses. Everyone's just trying to get their hits and constantly learn.

Awesome and Thanks for the advice! Hopefully we wont have to borrow anything.

Awesome and Thanks for the advice! Hopefully we wont have to borrow anything.

On another note. We havent had the ability to stretch out past 650 for dope. We will be relying on Strelok app to get us the rest of the way and watch for hits to correct accordingly.

On another note. We havent had the ability to stretch out past 650 for dope. We will be relying on Strelok app to get us the rest of the way and watch for hits to correct accordingly.
I had the same issue until a few months back, but you'll be pretty close.

Say my software says 5.6 mils for 800 yards and it's my first time shooting that far. I'd dial my scope, backoff my power, and squeeze off an accurate shot while trying to see where the bullet landed, run the bolt after you see the impact. I than measure that miss in my reticle and dial it into the scope. So if my round lands .4 mils low and .4 mils right, I'd dial to 6.0 and hold .4 mils left for wind.

I hope that makes sense. For the longest time I only had 300 yards to practice and matches would be my day to collect dope. Who cares about the score as long as your improving.

Main thing I’ve noticed in the first few matches I’ve shot is A) with the very rare exception, no one is gonna give you shit or make fun of you for not getting hits or timing out on a stage. The ones that do, usually aren’t around very long as they’re run off. B) don’t worry about what anyone else is thinking, most aren’t going to be paying attention to you shooting they’ll be getting their stuff ready for their stages. C) have fun and don’t get discouraged and be a sponge and soak up as much as you can.

Reactions: herren2006
I had the same issue until a few months back, but you'll be pretty close.

Say my software says 5.6 mils for 800 yards and it's my first time shooting that far. I'd dial my scope, backoff my power, and squeeze off an accurate shot while trying to see where the bullet landed, run the bolt after you see the impact. I than measure that miss in my reticle and dial it into the scope. So if my round lands .4 mils low and .4 mils right, I'd dial to 6.0 and hold .4 mils left for wind.

I hope that makes sense. For the longest time I only had 300 yards to practice and matches would be my day to collect dope. Who cares about the score as long as your improving.

That makes lots of sense. Me and my buddy both are trying to learn this stuff as we go. We both have fresh builds. I have been trying to develope some loads for mine and his at the same time. Both shoot lights out with factory ammo so we will be using that Saturday. I was hoping to have a good load ready in time but i may not.

Also it says to bring 80 rounds and i have read you most likely will only need 60 rounds. Is the extra 20 for shoot off during a tie or to put extra rounds on target if given the option?

Main thing I’ve noticed in the first few matches I’ve shot is A) with the very rare exception, no one is gonna give you shit or make fun of you for not getting hits or timing out on a stage. The ones that do, usually aren’t around very long as they’re run off. B) don’t worry about what anyone else is thinking, most aren’t going to be paying attention to you shooting they’ll be getting their stuff ready for their stages. C) have fun and don’t get discouraged and be a sponge and soak up as much as you can.

Sounds good to me. I plan on soaking up everything i can. Not looking to clean the stages but just to see how my new build runs and what to expect targets wise. Me and my buddy plan on competeing more the rest of the year. We just wanted to jump in and see what i was all about before venturing out to large matches. We live local so thats a huge plus!

The extra rounds are for putting rounds on target. I always bring more than they ask since I am spending the time driving and shooting there. My first match was Alabama precision and it had 120ish shooters. Just jump in and do it. Life's short, especially with Covid bouncing around. I know people that will get super butthurt when they shoot bad and make it ruin their day. Try not to take it so seriously that it takes away your fun. No one is making money from this "sport".

Reactions: herren2006