• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Southern California Shoot Saturday, July 25th

2156SMK

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
www.caprc.com
Come out and join us Saturday, July 25th for our monthly club shoot.

For more details about the California Precision Rifle Club, read our announcement here:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=162630

We meet-up at a park-and-ride in Newhall and carpool out to the range.
The address is 23608 San Fernando Rd.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...=16&iwloc=A
Please note that San Fernando Road has become Newhall Ave.
Online mapping and in-car navigation systems still show San Fernando Road, but the sign on the freeway now says Newhall Ave.
There are multiple park-and-rides on Newhall Ave so make sure you arrive at the correct one which is west of the 14fwy on the north side of the street.

If you plan to attend and you are coming from the south, please arrive at the Newhall park & ride between 7:30am and 7:45am on the morning of the shoot.
We will work out the carpool situation at that time.
We roll out as a caravan at 8:00 sharp and don't wait for late people.
It's about an hour's drive to the shooting location.

Trucks and SUV's are preferred for navigating the 1000yds or so of dirt roads once we arrive at the shooting location.
In the past, passenger cars have made it up the road, but many people are not comfortable on the dirt roads in a car due to the conditions of the dirt roads.
In this case, cars can park just off the asphalt and we will shuttle you up to the shooting position as required.

If you live north of the greater LA area, please PM me for directions to the shooting spot.
We should be arriving at the shooting spot right around 9am.

Some things to bring:
Precision rifle wearing a scope with target knobs, eye/ear protection, chamber flag, 50 rounds of match quality ammo, shooting mat or blanket, bipod, rear bag or a sand sock, 3x5 notepad to make notes, pencil or pen, laser rangefinder, food & water for 6 hours, backpack or bag to carry everything.
Bring what you have, don't worry too much about what you don't have.
We always make do with what we have.
This is a <span style="font-weight: bold">Precision Rifle</span> event so if the gun/scope/ammo is not capable of shooting tight groups, it will detract from your overall experience at the shoot.

Semi-autos are welcome as long as they have brass catchers or the shooter employs some other method to eliminate hot flying brass.
caprc-line.jpg

A view of the targets from the firing line:
the-spot4.jpg

We will be out in the high desert so dress accordingly including a hat and hiking boots as we will sometimes be moving around on steep terrain.
Weather should be somewhere between 40 and 110 degrees.

Some cell phones will work at the shooting spot and we have had 3g service in the past.

Please RSVP in this thread by friday July 24th if you plan to attend:
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=200222
We need to get an accurate head count of how many to expect.
Non-shooters are welcome of course and you will still learn a bunch even if you are not shooting.
When you RSVP, please make a note to wether you need a ride or if you can give someone a ride that does not have a truck or SUV to make it up the dirt roads.

A $20 donation to the club helps us buy more targets and supplies.

Re: Southern California Shoot Saturday, July 25th

PM me your ship address. We will send you out some Data Books for the prize table. Nice looking spot! Mark

2156SMK, I stumbled on this posting by accident and am thrilled! I had sort of given up on finding a place to shoot at anything over 200M. I live in Apple Valley so this is only about 1-1.5 hours away. Is all of your firing prone only or do you have a benchrest area? Is that $20 fee a club membership fee or is that payable each time that you shoot? Can't make it in July or August but would like to participate in the future so if you have a mailing list, please place me on it...might be 2-3 of us going at a time. Look foward to hearing from you.

I am interested in the August event.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: applevalleyjoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">2156SMK, I stumbled on this posting by accident and am thrilled! I had sort of given up on finding a place to shoot at anything over 200M. I live in Apple Valley so this is only about 1-1.5 hours away. Is all of your firing prone only or do you have a benchrest area? Is that $20 fee a club membership fee or is that payable each time that you shoot? Can't make it in July or August but would like to participate in the future so if you have a mailing list, please place me on it...might be 2-3 of us going at a time. Look foward to hearing from you. </div></div>

I can answer a couple questions - we fire from prone, off "mats" (mover's blankets seem to be the popular choice) in the dirt, mostly. There's a barricade we fire from as well, but no bench.

I just missed you guys. When is the next one?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: applevalleyjoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">2156SMK, I stumbled on this posting by accident and am thrilled! I had sort of given up on finding a place to shoot at anything over 200M. I live in Apple Valley so this is only about 1-1.5 hours away. Is all of your firing prone only or do you have a benchrest area? Is that $20 fee a club membership fee or is that payable each time that you shoot? Can't make it in July or August but would like to participate in the future so if you have a mailing list, please place me on it...might be 2-3 of us going at a time. Look foward to hearing from you. </div></div>

Check out the Desert Marksman Rifle and Pistol Club in Acton, Ca.
Shoot to 600 yds any day and matches to 1K from time to time
Cheers,
LG

You live in Apple Valley and can't find anywhere to shoot?

Middle of the desert man!