• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing SOUTHERN PRECISION RIFLES

cotntop

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 2, 2011
tarheel,nc
Anyone currently using this company? Thinking about these guys for my next rifle, anybody recommend this company?

Re: SOUTHERN PRECISION RIFLES

I had Greg rebarrel a trued FN action for me. Couldn't sing higher praises for Greg. Work, service and turn-around time were immaculate. Greg is a great guy to do business with and I will be sending him more work in the near future.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: former naval person</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Same here. Recent customer. Fine work, reasonable pricing, very prompt and professional. </div></div>

Same experience here for my .223 bolt gun build. Greg is GTG.

I had Greg chamber 2 barrels for me. Great job, great service, easy to communicate with.

I strongly recommend him and I will be using him again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trovan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had Greg chamber 2 barrels for me. Great job, great service, easy to communicate with.

I strongly recommend him and I will be using him again. </div></div>

Same here!
Greg did a Brux and a Rock barrel on my 700 actions. Both were back in a short time, and both are great shooters, especially the .223 Ackley.

Greg gave me a good start on the load data, and I shot these (100 yard) 4 shot groups playing around with the seating depth:

IMG_1004.jpg

Greg's words = his actions and he does premium work; best guy I've found in the industry for a custom build. He's easy to work with, offers competitive pricing, and has inventory on hand for a quick turn from start to finish like no other. Greg built a tactical barreled action for me that he chambered in .300WM (Rock Creek 5R barrel on a Stiller TAC300 action, Jewell trigger, and a Badger FTE break). I simply bolted the bbl action into an AICS and mounted the scope - was hoping to get a 0.5MOA tactical rifle out of it; following break in, gun is shooting a solid 0.3MOA with handloads! Greg Young and Bug Holes are the real deal...

I had a recent transaction with him and he was gtg. Also, two people I trust had him do builds. I'd do the same if I ever get around to a custom build.

Here's to Greg!! I told him what I wanted and we came up with this list for him to get...

30 cal 11tw amu obermeyer
BO thruster brake
tac 300
Seekins DBM
jewell trigger

I got the stock through JW Prec.

Greg smithed it all and here is my new 300RUM (with temp scope and rings). Greg is one of the "Men" to do business with!

23t1gqo.jpg

1ot6k7.jpg

t8vwvs.jpg

23usegh.jpg

I can't say enough good things about Greg, his customer service and his end product. I have a pair of his barreled actions. The quality was outstanding, the advice was honest and the delivery time was fast.

I have more ideas than I have money, but I'll be sending him a couple more projects ASAP.

Greg is excellent to deal with, very fair on prices and does excellent work in a timely manner. I sent him a Sendero in .264 and had him do his magic and turn it into a 300 RUM. During my first dozen shots I sent 3 shots at thousand yards and had a 6 inch group. This was done with 70-80 percent focus on my part.
Have him building me another. Repeat customer says alot.

Recieved my Creedmoor from Greg in exact time frame he quoted. Ran some Hornady factory ammo with "BUGHOLE" performance. Could not be better satisfied. THANKS to all for the positive response that helped me decide on Southern Precision.

Greg is good to go indeed, hands down. He just built a 300 wsm and 308 for me. His CS and communication are top notch as well as his skill and communication.

I agree. I have bought two barrels and an action from them and they are great to deal with. Their prices are also very good.

I get most of my barrels from Greg. Fantastic customer service and price. If he has what I'm needing in stock I will continue to buy from him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: azimutha</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had a recent transaction with him and he was gtg. Also, two people I trust had him do builds. I'd do the same if I ever get around to a custom build. </div></div>

I'm actually having him do a barreled action for me now. Communication has been top notch and I've been impressed with the issues Greg has raised and advice given.