• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Southern WV gun smith recomendations

TurdFerguson

thinking sucks
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2014
Burgerworld
Looking to get a barrel bead blasted. Local smiths to Beckley and Lewisburg are starting to retire and are taking on small jobs and not interested in bead blasting. Anyone have any recomendations? There is one in Charleston by the name of Cale's Gunsmithing. Anyone dealt with them before?

Run down to Crab Orchard to the Cat Dealer, Boyd, and have them bead blast it. Take them about a minute if you already have the threads and crown taped off.

Run down to Crab Orchard to the Cat Dealer, Boyd, and have them bead blast it. Take them about a minute if you already have the threads and crown taped off.
To be honest, I never thought of that. Bead blasting is basically just sandblasting it right? Thank you for the suggestion.

Another stupid question. I know glass bead blasting makes it difficult to get a spray on it, but would a coat of flat clear alumahyde help to protect the finish?

Black steel arms in Princeton has done some really nice cerakote jobs for me. They could probably get you squared away and btw they’re extremely fair prices on their cerakote work.

Reactions: TurdFerguson
I heard back from Cale's 159.00 for blasting..... I'll give Black Steel a call tomorrow or contact Walker Cat.. Thank you for the suggestion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Simonsza1