• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Southwest ammo out of phoenix zach and mike? their ammo vs ruag-prime or berger?

rockwind1

Minuteman
Feb 16, 2017
westworld
not sure where to post this. I know they have not been in business for a while. I placed an order with them back in 2015 ish. i still have about 500 rds of their 338 lapua ammo, norma brass with 300 gr otm's. unsure of powder. it was kind of a spur of the moment buy and i think it was less than 3$ a rd. however, I had a lot going at the time and I quickly lost interest in shooting my 338. I am now sort of back into it, bull tag this year.

full discloser, I personally never had a problem with them, they shipped my order just fine if i remember right.

i remember I shot a box or 2 of it with mv ES being higher than i would have thought, (labradar) which isn't the end of the world of course

i remember there were some very complimentary posts about their ammo before things got a little, drama oriented.

i guess my question is,, was it just 2 guys that sorta knew what they were doing with a dillon or mark v set up? were they just using a dillon powder dump or were they actually measuring the powder somehow? i probably should have asked back then but didn't in my optimistic and impetuous youth.

they seemed to be very popular on here back then and that is why i bought some ammo. aside from communication probs,, was their ammo considered high quality by the former customers on here?

so question for the 338 affianados on here, did anyone shoot their ammo much? opinions? happy with it? no scary moments?

i also have some old ruag-prime 338 which i will try, bunch of hornady, and what I consider to be the cream of the crop, AB 338 ammo before they sold to berger.

additional question

applied ballistic 338 ammo vs berger 338 ammo-- the same? better? worse?

Last edited: