• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Southwest Ammo

mceod

Private
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2011
29 Palms, CA
I placed an order over two weeks ago and it still shows processing. Is this normal or should I say something?

Re: Southwest Ammo

If you need your ammo for a match/class or whatever, the guys at SW Ammo will rush your order. They usually have a pretty heavy load of orders, so a wait of 2 weeks+ has been about normal. Let 'em know about it, and they'll take care of you. Great guys, great customer service.

(I am in no way affiliated with SW Ammo, just a satisfied customer.)

I have had the same problem. Call and let them know. They will throw in a extra box of ammo. I waited 3 weeks for mine, so I called and they think maybe it got mixed up and mailed to the wrong address. They also sent me a extra box of ammo. I am very satisfied with there ammo. I shoot there .308 and soon there .260 Rem and 338 Lapua. I have had great results with there ammo and they are very good people to deal with.

I have ordered from them four times now, and it has always taken 3-4 weeks. SW isn't the quickest way to get ammo, but it is the best alternative if you don't want to roll your own rounds.

Everything is fine. Equitum is right, if you do have an important deadline they may be able to step on the gas. Either way you will be very happy with their ammo.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am very satisfied with <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">there</span></span> ammo. I shoot <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">there</span></span> .308 and soon <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">there</span></span> .260 Rem and 338 Lapua. I have had great results with <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">there</span></span> ammo and they are very good people to deal with. </div></div>
crazy.gif

The guys at SW ammo are great. Very glad to know a couple of them and I recommend them to any customers looking for ammo.

I put an order a week ago and was wondering about this as well. Looks like I have another week or two to wait. Good to know.

much easier to shoot them a message or even a phone call to sort your order out then starting a public thread about it.

from the website
email [email protected]
480-302-2233

or i am pretty sure you can find the company's user name here and PM them I did a few weeks ago very quick and friendly response

best of luck on your order

Been waiting 3-4 weeks, numerous phone calls, finally see that its been shipped not just "processed" hopefully it shows this week.!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oddball-Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This smells like failure to plan rather than vendor failure to me. </div></div>

Ha!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DJ480</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oddball-Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This smells like failure to plan rather than vendor failure to me. </div></div>

Ha! </div></div>

Let's call a spade, a spade. I finally cancelled my order after six weeks. I can frankly get FGMM for the same cost Shipped within a week. I called SW multiple times and was even promised they were shipping that day, never came.

As far as prioritizing some orders, that is crap as well. If you really need it, heaven help you. Flamers can take their propaganda and shove it.

Shipment arrived today, however, no extras as they claimed they'd send for an apology for an untimely order. Guess noone stands by their word anymore? Chalk another one up for experience!

I also ordered from them and it still shows processing after 2 weeks.

Think maybe they ought to put an expected wait time on their website, would rather see that then be told numerous times that it would be shipped that day, over the course of a month!

Placed an order 8 weeks ago....just got it yesterday....too hot and humid to do any shooting now....will have to wait until September.

Hope they work out their problems and have better customer service all around

toolshed,

I just pm's you for your order info so I can send the extra box. We have some new help and they did not know we add ammo to orders when they are past due.

We suck right now at shipping, we will fix it. We are human and make errors. We started this business with nothing, if you knew you would laugh. We want to be an awesome veteran owned ammo business. There are many ammo businesses out there but hardly many who have served. Federal (ATK), freedom group, Hornady, the top three and not one veteran owner.

We will get this right, we are not the best logistical people but we are adding the people to help in that area. It is a learning process, everybody does something for the first time.

We have awesome customers and great full for them. If we do not please you than we are truly sorry.

Thanks,

Zach

Cell phone: 480 390 8121

I have ordered twice from them and have had nothing but a good experience so far. I just got 4 boxes of 260 this week. I hope they get it figued out there ammo is very good.

I have ordered from SW Ammo before and have been more than satisfied with their service.

Heath

The ammo I have received from SW in the past has been excellent and they have always tried to improve upon their loads by getting feed back.

Keep up that good work Zach and the shipping errors and logistics will fade away with time. Growing a small business is not easy, it takes dedication and a huge commitment.

Keep chugging away!

I ordered 200 rds of 175gr 308 and 100 rds of 77 gr 223 on 7/25. I don't need it until 8/18, and as good as their ammo is, it's well worth the wait.

Thanks to SWammo for clarifying the shipping situation; I'll make sure I plan well in the future!

I heard back from Southwest Ammo today, and if they hold to what they said (which I have little doubt they will not come through as they told me), then I should have my ammo in time to shoot next weekend.

I've heard many good things about this company, so I gave them a chance. Knowing what I know now, if the ammo shoots like I expect it will, I will make sure to give any other orders plenty of time.

Yes it's a little inconvenient ( or worrisome) to wait a few more weeks than expected at times, but that's a heck of a lot better than inaccurate and inconsistent product. Ive used 5 of sw's different loads and all shoot under .5 moa, most perform a fair bit better than that. consistency from lot to lot is equally impressive and hard to find.

as oddball-six stated, it's about planning...... or just go buy some of the junk that's easy to get and save yourself from having to bitch about it on the internet

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWammo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...We suck right now at shipping, we will fix it. We are human and make errors. We started this business with nothing, if you knew you would laugh. We want to be an awesome veteran owned ammo business. There are many ammo businesses out there but hardly many who have served. Federal (ATK), freedom group, Hornady, the top three and not one veteran owner.

We will get this right, we are not the best logistical people but we are adding the people to help in that area. It is a learning process, everybody does something for the first time.

We have awesome customers and great full for them. If we do not please you than we are truly sorry.

Thanks,

Zach</div></div>

I really respect when people, and business owners in particular, own up to any shortcomings or difficulties. Zach has always taken good care of me and I look forward to continuing to do business with him.

My first order from southwest was very delayed and when I called they jumped on it, and got the ammo out pretty quickly. Second order went out on time.

They are not as tight as they should be, but they are owning it and trying to get better. I'll work with them as I respect that approach.

I think the guy who started this thread ordered 300 win mag 190's.

Order is out plus one extra box for the wait.

All 300 winmag orders are caught up and if the order took longer than 10 days to ship, then an extra box was added.

This goes for most orders. The exception is the 5.56 run and gun and the 75 otm's. Those are suppose to be loaded in pull-down brass, but since we hit a snag with that supply line then the order has been aromatically upgraded to the brand new brass.

Many 308 orders out today. Still a little behind on those but we are gaining ground. The extra help has been great.

260 orders will be caught up tomorrow, not to many of those left.

Very good day today on the orders.

Thanks,

Zach

Yeah, they are slow sometimes and other times I get stuff quick. On the other hand they are stand up dudes, roll good ammo and are working hard to improve and grow at the same time. I'd rather buy from them with the glitches than some big box ammo company. If you want ammo right now they are not always going to be the best choice. I place more value on good product from good family style businesses and when I find that I patronize them and expect some of the related small time business issues within reason.

No flame, but...
I remember when Black Hills was in getting the same wrap.
Personally, I wish them luck and welcome another vendor to the low margin business of ammo sales.
Frankly there aren't many quality options out there.
Tough times to start a business...
No dog in the fight, and I have three orders in with the oldest pushing a month.
Jury is out...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWammo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think the guy who started this thread ordered 300 win mag 190's.

Order is out plus one extra box for the wait.

All 300 winmag orders are caught up and if the order took longer than 10 days to ship, then an extra box was added.

This goes for most orders. The exception is the 5.56 run and gun and the 75 otm's. Those are suppose to be loaded in pull-down brass, but since we hit a snag with that supply line then the order has been aromatically upgraded to the brand new brass.

Many 308 orders out today. Still a little behind on those but we are gaining ground. The extra help has been great.

260 orders will be caught up tomorrow, not to many of those left.

Very good day today on the orders.

Thanks,

Zach </div></div>

Zach,

Order showed up today with the extra box of rounds. I appreciate the quick communication (mostly the phone call from, IIRC, you yourself). I will continue to order from you guys for match ammo needs until I get set up to reload myself. This thread was in no way meant to flame Southwest Ammo. I'm hoping to be able to get out this weekend and see how the rounds preform, but it'll probably be next week sometime before it cools off a bit.

Thanks again for all the help.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keith Johns</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: whit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am very satisfied with <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">there</span></span> ammo. I shoot <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">there</span></span> .308 and soon <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">there</span></span> .260 Rem and 338 Lapua. I have had great results with <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">there</span></span> ammo and they are very good people to deal with. </div></div>
crazy.gif

The guys at SW ammo are great. Very glad to know a couple of them and I recommend them to any customers looking for ammo. </div></div>

Couldnt agree more. Knowing about southwest, I now feel
more confident about a custom rifle with the nice fluting.

Glad I found this thread. Its been 2 weeks since I ordered some 260 ammo and it still says processing. I was beginning to worry. I was not aware that there would be several weeks wait time until it ships. I only ordered 3 boxs to check it out. If it is as good as some of the guys say I will follow up with a larger order once I find out what load shoots best in my 260. Any plans to load 280AI or 7MM Mag??? Didn't see anything available in 300WSM for Tac/Hunting. Is that out of stock?